What's new

The Moonshine Motel - Enclosed Gooseneck "Crawler Hauler" Build

This is all a next year project at earliest for me so I've got plenty of time to spend researching. Bought the trailer in 2019 for cheap and have used the crap out of it since so it owes me nothing. Probably worth investing the $5k into it to freshen things up a bit. It fits the bill for what I need perfectly for both racing and wheeling.

Start a build thread!!

GLTHFJ60 glad to see some updates in time for wheeling season! Why did you remove the lift?

Snowy start a thread, so we can borrow ideas from one another. Always need more enclosed threads 👍

GLTHFJ60 glad to see some updates in time for wheeling season! Why did you remove the lift?

Removed the lift to make it easier to load the car. Ramp angle was too steep before. Now that I've lowered the car and added some aero bits, it would have been impossible. It's a double-duty race trailer and off-road hauler now :grinpimp:

Removed the lift to make it easier to load the car. Ramp angle was too steep before. Now that I've lowered the car and added some aero bits, it would have been impossible. It's a double-duty race trailer and off-road hauler now :grinpimp:
Makes sense on the car front for sure. Nothing like hauling lifted, lowered, and everything in between.

Brakes wired, hub+drumset installed and preload set, axles located and torqued, wheels on, and finally, trailer on the ground. Not as low as I remember it, and I think it's gonna be just about right for the car. Easier to step into and out of as well.

Onwards and upwards.

PXL_20240402_224014752.jpg
PXL_20240402_224027403.jpg
PXL_20240402_230125987.jpg
PXL_20240402_230556512.jpg
PXL_20240402_230615119.jpg

Super minor update from today, but I found what seems to be an ideal spot for the rv head unit I picked up from crutchfield. Dvd player, optical in, hdmi in and out, Bluetooth, other stuff and more output zones than I know what to do with.

Hope to have speakers mounted and wired up to this in the next week or two, then when I get to the TV, this will integrate nicely. Cost $300, so not cheap, but I needed the optical in for the TV I'm gonna put in here.

Guess I need to build up a DVD collection again, lol.

PXL_20240410_151143008.jpg

Super minor update from today, but I found what seems to be an ideal spot for the rv head unit I picked up from crutchfield. Dvd player, optical in, hdmi in and out, Bluetooth, other stuff and more output zones than I know what to do with.

Hope to have speakers mounted and wired up to this in the next week or two, then when I get to the TV, this will integrate nicely. Cost $300, so not cheap, but I needed the optical in for the TV I'm gonna put in here.

Guess I need to build up a DVD collection again, lol.

PXL_20240410_151143008.jpg
Why optical???

Yard sales for dvd's! I have a couple milk crates full. If decent ones. Not just shit.

Why optical???

Yard sales for dvd's! I have a couple milk crates full. If decent ones. Not just shit.
My current garage TV will become the motel TV. It has optical out for audio, which is pretty convenient imo.

Not at all necessary, I'm sure it'll do rca audio out too, but optical out is nice, and I have the stuff to make it work.

My current garage TV will become the motel TV. It has optical out for audio, which is pretty convenient imo.

Not at all necessary, I'm sure it'll do rca audio out too, but optical out is nice, and I have the stuff to make it work.
Gotcha. Tv's are like 200$ now for a new one :flipoff2:

Gotcha. Tv's are like 200$ now for a new one :flipoff2:
#facts

When I buy a larger TV (65"?) for the living room, the current living room TV (55") moves to the garage. At that point, the current garage TV (42") moves to the motel.

There's always a scheme, lol.

#facts

When I buy a larger TV (65"?) for the living room, the current living room TV (55") moves to the garage. At that point, the current garage TV (42") moves to the motel.

There's always a scheme, lol.
That’s the way to play the game for sure.

Every few years I’d talk dad into a new tv so then I got the old tv. Haven’t bought a single tv in 15 years.

Another successful weekend with the motel towing my cruiser around. Gotta wire up the sign. The new brakes work fuckin great. I should have replaced all the brakes much sooner.

PXL_20240419_191323641.jpg

Top Back Refresh