What's new

The Chronicles of Woodley... 1986 Chevy K20

Hopefully the trans isn't a big hassle for you. I looked for over a year and couldn't find an early NV4500 for less than $1500, bought a aluminum top SM465 for either $100 or $125 and figured I'll just go taller tire or less gear lol.
I've seriously considered going to a 3.73/ 35 and putting the SM465 back in. It may happen yet.

Right now I have 4.10 and going to probably run a 315\70r17 and military takeoffs so 34-36" I bet. I had previously thought about trying to find a set of 3.54 axles but not sure if it would be a bit too high on takeoff for the old 6.2

Not particularly related to the truck, but I picked up a new to me tractor to replace my old to me tractor.

Buddy gave me this 1993 JD 245 in trade for some welding work.

1697477784054.png

Came with a single stage snow blower and a 38" mower deck.

Needs a muffler (JFC- $240!) a battery (already replaced), front tires, and some TLC.

Not much to report- been working WITH the truck rather than ON the truck. (Weird concept!)

Took two loads of wood to my parents, and ran around getting parts/ miscellaneous local trips for parts.

1698061670681.png

My Daughter's friend's house has some pretty good views. Here I reduced the beauty by a factor of 3.7% by inserting shitbox.

1698061613213.png

Gonna need to get back to working ON it soon- Needs a front driveshaft, some rust repair, and other stuff before winter. Ticktock

Bump for the permanent/temporary tailgate fix.
HAH!
Currently sitting in the driveway making sure the asphalt doesn't drift away.

1705072775925.png

I need to swap the front output yoke, figure out a front driveshaft, and reinstall the t-case shifter.

Meanwhile, the newest shitbox (La XJ Rouge) is demanding my immediate attention - It's getting springs, shocks, and new wheels/ tires.

Poor Poor truck, who knew shed get put out to pasture so soon
Definitely not out to pasture. I'm driving it once a week-ish, sometimes more.

You got me thinking ...
A few weeks ago I delivered yet another load of firewood to my parents, and decided to "cruise" through my hometown main street for the sake of nostalgia. So much has changed, so much is the same.
1705074663153.png

Forgot to mention -I picked up another NV4500- this one with a better pedigree, and plan to swap that once the weather is a bit nicer. The current trans will likely land in one of my other projects, after a rebuild.

(PS - I'm always amused to re-read this thread and compare my stated plans to how they actually played out. )

March 28th marked two years with this thing. I was busy and didn't remember to update the thread.

Not really anything to mention - I've been driving it more and more since our primary car (2014 VW Jetta TDI) died two weeks ago. (Frickin Injection pump failed :mad3:)

So I've been driving the truck, and my wife has been driving the Red XJ.

Spring is making its presence known here in PA...

1714562575454.png

Top Back Refresh