What's new

The Boozecruiser (2007 Jeep JK 2dr) - now Ultra4 4500 Race Build

IMG_2466.jpeg

Got the rockers mostly burned in and then switched focus to figure out where I want the RockKrawler Rockzilla 4 link crossmember to live. It’s looking like my rear lower link arms will be somewhere between 40-42”. I’m not sure what most long travel JK arms are. My problem is that I want to stretch the front forward so that I don’t have any interference with the motor to axle, but I also don’t want it to be insanely long. I’m wanting to be somewhere around 114-115”. I think that’ll be a good compromise and a wheelbase I’m very familiar with wheeling as the Comanche was also 114. It’ll also do better in the desert which is a primary goal of mine. We spent a lot of the day reorganizing the race shop and getting the tire machines in the back so now all we really need is a lift which we’ll probably do next year.

Do you have to keep the stock firewall in place for rules or just want to?

It looks like where you have the LS sitting is where all the LS swaps put it. That puts the point where the bell housing and the block meet in the same place as the stock V6 sat. Which means the extra 2 cylinders of the LS sit in front of where the front of the V6 was. That pretty much puts the crank pulley of the LS directly over the front axle at the stock wheel base.

Did I read correctly that you're 3 linking the front? You could probably get away with ~4"-5" front stretch I'd think....as long as the link mount isn't centered. I did a double triangulated 4 link in front of my JKU with a LS and had to do a 5" stretch and also move the engine back 4.5". My upper link mounts are above the crank pulley at full stuff.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. I spent many hours with a tape measure trying to figure out how to make my shit fit.

Keep up the good work:beer:

Do you have to keep the stock firewall in place for rules or just want to?

It looks like where you have the LS sitting is where all the LS swaps put it. That puts the point where the bell housing and the block meet in the same place as the stock V6 sat. Which means the extra 2 cylinders of the LS sit in front of where the front of the V6 was. That pretty much puts the crank pulley of the LS directly over the front axle at the stock wheel base.

Did I read correctly that you're 3 linking the front? You could probably get away with ~4"-5" front stretch I'd think....as long as the link mount isn't centered. I did a double triangulated 4 link in front of my JKU with a LS and had to do a 5" stretch and also move the engine back 4.5". My upper link mounts are above the crank pulley at full stuff.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. I spent many hours with a tape measure trying to figure out how to make my shit fit.

Keep up the good work:beer:
Yessir I’m stretching forward in the front quite a bit. 5” or more. So motor clearance is no issue for me. Honestly the biggest issue I’m seeing is going to be where the fawk to put the headers. I’ve semi debated just doing fenderwell exhaust exits but it’d be unholy loud in the truck. My total wheelbase is going to be around 117-118” so it’s gonna be just like a JKU with 1.5’ less frame under the belly but all the high speed go fast good characteristics

What headers are those in the pictures?

I originally bought a set of Sanderson LS/JK swap headers that seem to clear things pretty well.

img_2092-jpeg.750003

DSC06644.JPG

DSC06645.JPG

When I moved the engine back 4.5" those Sanderson couldn't be used and are now collecting dust. I ended up making a set of headers.

What headers are those in the pictures?

I originally bought a set of Sanderson LS/JK swap headers that seem to clear things pretty well.

img_2092-jpeg.750003

DSC06644.JPG

DSC06645.JPG

When I moved the engine back 4.5" those Sanderson couldn't be used and are now collecting dust. I ended up making a set of headers.
They’re Comanche LS swap headers. The passenger side works better than the driver side but my main issue is how to have room for that upper 3 link on the passenger side. Cody st Clair ran into a similar issue and actually ran his outside of the frame and then back and under behind the 3 link mount. I really don’t want to do that if I don’t have to. Those headers from the looks of it might be better than what I have. What you want for them?

Yeah unfortunately I’ve had to devote full focus on the 187 for the last month or so. We were just getting too far behind with not having our fab guy (that went MIA on us) so Ken and I made the decision to just focus on his car and we’ll get back on mine when we get back from Hammers. I’ve had a work regime change so I need to be cautious about spending a ton of money until we see how it all shakes out with the job too. Luckily I already have most of what I need for the build so it shouldn’t change much of the game plan.

Yeah unfortunately I’ve had to devote full focus on the 187 for the last month or so. We were just getting too far behind with not having our fab guy (that went MIA on us) so Ken and I made the decision to just focus on his car and we’ll get back on mine when we get back from Hammers. I’ve had a work regime change so I need to be cautious about spending a ton of money until we see how it all shakes out with the job too. Luckily I already have most of what I need for the build so it shouldn’t change much of the game plan.
Dang ole life getting in the way of racing :lmao:

On the plus side I’ve shook a lot of the rust off of my fabrication skills so I’ll be in good shape for hitting the build hard when I get back home.

Top Back Refresh