What's new

The $90 91 D21

SamuraiTy

Member Number
Loc
Carson City, NV
So I bought this truck off a friend for $90 back in 2004. It's a 1991 D21 standard cab 2wd 2.4 5sp. It had been his mom's truck. She had done the timing chain and had the whole wire harness replaced. She gave it to him at about 150k miles and he ran it into the ground for about 10k miles. I got it from him barely running with both fenders crunched up from his blind ass crashing it two different times with about 160k miles on it, for 90 bucks. I put about a $1000 into it replacing the crunched up fenders, tuning it up and putting a radio in it. Had it for a summer while I delivered pizzas and made about $10k in the short time I owned it. Then I sold it to my Dad for $400. I've been telling my Dad for years to sell or give it back to me if he ever decided to get rid of it. It just recently blew the engine at 315k miles, and he gave it back to me.

I've been thinking about turning it into something rad for a long time. Thinking 4.3 V6, or a 5.0 Ford V8, or 5.2 Magnum, or Chevy 350, mounted to a 3 or 4 speed auto or any granny-gear tranny, one tons and 38-40" rubber. Might also just do half tons and 35s, so it'll be on 35s minimum. It'll be a slow build but I'll share updates here as they happen. About the only thing I have figured out for it right now is the old Warn bumper I'm going to use in the picture below, a Warn VR 8000 lb winch and a couple of 7" round LED lights.
First Impressions.jpg

Top Back Refresh