What's new

Tapatalk, Blue Stars and Blogs. Let's be real

I use the desktop version on my phone. Mobile version is OK, just a little Playskool-ey.

Zero interest in Crapatalk. It's forums for Apple simps.

Buuut...if it brings in the eyeballs, why not?

(I also think the blue skull blogs thing is goofy. I like the idea behind it, but it reminds me of when PizzaHut added WingStreet- just do what you do best, don't add a bunch of junk that obscures the main draw.)

Tapatalk sucks. I use the mobile site here and was a desktop on the phone user at PBB.

oh and FWIW, I have a dedicated mobile app on my phone and I still use my mobile browser.

Until this place can swing paying for a dedicated mobile app to be developed specifically for it, I'm 100% using my phones browser.... when I'm on my phone.

Abso-fkg-exactly. (.02¢)

Not sure why the fuck anyone would use tapatalk. I tried it 8 or so years ago and it was garbage. Nothing wrong with mobile on my phone.

Personally I think the mobile site here kicks ass. Everything works well and it's easy.

For sure both. In the beginning my phone's browser immediately switched over to mobile view and it's slick, easy peasy, navigable as shit.

But desktop site (pbb) was a serious upgrade to mobile view there - and it's better here too. Basically I don't like using mobile view on almost all websites I frequent.

Mind you I slowed my tablet / laptop usage for casual internet browsing, completely slowed it...

I love Tapatalk on my phone. it makes using the forum so much easier to see and read when on my mobile device (about 12 hours a day), and it is very convenient to have all my forums in one place.

That being said. I RARELY post to a forum with Tapatalk.

Joel.

I love Tapatalk on my phone. it makes using the forum so much easier to see and read when on my mobile device (about 12 hours a day), and it is very convenient to have all my forums in one place.

That being said. I RARELY post to a forum with Tapatalk.

Joel.

so...

You spend 11.99 hrs a day using tapatalk to browse and post with tapatalk 0.01 hrs per day? Why not use the app you browse with, to post. :confused:

In all honesty I’ve never used it that I know of. If it is the mobile version that pbb tried to shove on mobile users I hated that. I always view this site on my phone. I like the ease of the desktop version exactly how it is. It is super easy to post pictures. Something I never did on the other board because I hated how the site was run by the syrup suckers and refused to give em my money. I paid for this site because I think it has potential to once more be a place where new people to the hobby can gain knowledge.

so...

You spend 11.99 hrs a day using tapatalk to browse and post with tapatalk 0.01 hrs per day? Why not use the app you browse with, to post. :confused:

No. I spend about 12 hours a day with my mobile device. I work from 5am to 5pm or later 5-6 days a week. While I'm at work I can't access any of the forums I follow on my work computer. If I want to read the forum, I either have to do it on my mobile device during down time at work (which I have quite a bit of), or wait until I get home and use some of the 4 -5 hours I have while I'm awake to get caught up. I'ld rather spend that time with my wife or outside playing with my dogs.

As I said above, Tapatalk allows me to have all forums in one convenient place and keeps any notifications of any thread I'm subscribed to in one place for easy access. The app will also send a notification to my watch to let me know of any updated threads. usually before the subscription email hits my inbox.

As to why I do not like Tapatalk to post with. It is because I have fat fingers and hate to type on the phones keyboard. Quick replies aren't bad, but If I have to copy and paste text, update my build thread, or post multiple lines of formatted text, or multiple pictures, I feel more comfortable using the desktop interface with a keyboard and mouse as the phone was not designed for that type of user input.

Ever tried to copy and paste a single piece of a line of text on a phone? Now do the same thing on a normal computer with a mouse and keyboard (or even a laptop with a trackpad) and see how much easier and faster it is.

Ever tried to copy and paste a single piece of a line of text on a phone? Now do the same thing on a normal computer with a mouse and keyboard (or even a laptop with a trackpad) and see how much easier and faster it is.

I getcha. I'm just one of those ppl who want to be able to do anything on my mobile (otherwise, what good is a fkg phone?) because I'm not in a workplace 12hrs a day and my time at home / like yours is better spent doing something other than visiting forums.

Is tapatalk rlly all that and a box of cookies? I don't know - never have I even seen the app on someone else's device, for example.

I love how many people bag on it but never use it or it’s been a decade.

trying out mobile version because i wanted to see if anyone told me where subscriptions are here that work right. No such luck I guess

No. I spend about 12 hours a day with my mobile device. I work from 5am to 5pm or later 5-6 days a week. While I'm at work I can't access any of the forums I follow on my work computer. If I want to read the forum, I either have to do it on my mobile device during down time at work (which I have quite a bit of), or wait until I get home and use some of the 4 -5 hours I have while I'm awake to get caught up. I'ld rather spend that time with my wife or outside playing with my dogs.

As I said above, Tapatalk allows me to have all forums in one convenient place and keeps any notifications of any thread I'm subscribed to in one place for easy access. The app will also send a notification to my watch to let me know of any updated threads. usually before the subscription email hits my inbox.

As to why I do not like Tapatalk to post with. It is because I have fat fingers and hate to type on the phones keyboard. Quick replies aren't bad, but If I have to copy and paste text, update my build thread, or post multiple lines of formatted text, or multiple pictures, I feel more comfortable using the desktop interface with a keyboard and mouse as the phone was not designed for that type of user input.

We get it, you like dicks. Geez, quit bragging about it.

Austin, don't go Tapatalk. What you're doing works and keeps it old school like we wanted. If hipster bitches want their lattes spoonfed to them then they can develop their own taint tickling app to do it and they can fuck off in the process.

Tapatalk to a forum is no different than a Blaupunkt DVD player in a vintage Aston Martin. Just trashy shit that adds no value and kills the authenticity.

Like I said.... I used Tapatalk on Pirate.... but since moving over here and buying in I’m actually digging the browser mode!!!!! You actually get the black background and full Irate experience!!!!

Like I said.... I used Tapatalk on Pirate.... but since moving over here and buying in I’m actually digging the browser mode!!!!! You actually get the black background and full Irate experience!!!!

Shut the fuck up greg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can’t speak from a forum administrator standpoint but I use Tapatalk for every forum I have membership with.
iRate being the sole exception.

95% of my forum interactions are via my phone and Tapatalk makes things very easy, I wish I could use it here, I would probably spend more time here if I could.

tapatalk can get bent.

I bought it when it was not a subscription, and as soon as they made the ad free a subscrition they just abandoned all the previous purchasers.

and why on earth should we allow another third party to make money off the content here?

I can’t speak from a forum administrator standpoint but I use Tapatalk for every forum I have membership with.
iRate being the sole exception.

95% of my forum interactions are via my phone and Tapatalk makes things very easy, I wish I could use it here, I would probably spend more time here if I could.

I use my phone for everything web related including this site. How does using Tapatalk make it easier? It's not like this stuff is rocket surgery.

I read all the "greek to me" you wrote.
all I got is
I can get here on my fone (albeit in the cut down Verizon style ?mobile?)
Most easily accessible seems to be a plus, so tapatalk sounds good.
That said the integration pita ect (no idea what's involved) can be a roadblock.
Hope this helps...
​​

I use my phone for everything web related including this site. How does using Tapatalk make it easier? It's not like this stuff is rocket surgery.

For one thing, uploading pix is a snap.
aside from that I’m 58 and have abused my eyes for about 40 of those years. Tapatalk is much easier to see, both reading and tapping out text.

the app also keeps all my forums in one place and accessible in one tap.
I'm active on 4-5 forums.
off road
medical
diesel
guns
football

probably what makes easy, if I’m completely honest, is the fact that I’ve gotten really used to Tapatalk, and don’t adapt well to change.

will it give me any more “cred” if I shouted “get of my lawn”?

I earlier alluded to the fact I've never even seen the app...

Can some tapatalk users post screenshots?

I'd just like to see the interface / multi forum type thing - and ease of use reading...

I earlier alluded to the fact I've never even seen the app...

Can some tapatalk users post screenshots?

I'd just like to see the interface / multi forum type thing - and ease of use reading...

Screen shots, photos from phone, and you can even access your camera mid post, and post an immediate photo.

for many years, I was a Mod on a very popular NFL forum, Tapatalk will even recognize Mod permissions and allow you to do most of your tasks.

Looks like my mobile view, give or take... minus the Apple part.

How much to subscribe - since obviously you can't use the fkg thing without paying for it :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh