What's new

SXS subforum?

I agree there are tons of fucking idiots in sxs these days. But there's also a ton of guys that have been Wheelin full-size for years that are now into sxs. And I've seen plenty of inconsiderate buttfucks in full-size rigs too.

I don’t own one, but enjoy reading some stuff about them. I don’t think there is the traffic here for a lot of dedicated tech. I could have sworn we already had a dirt bike/ATV forum but apparently there isn’t one. So that’s my vote. One for dirt bike/ATV/side by side, all together.

I don’t own one, but enjoy reading some stuff about them. I don’t think there is the traffic here for a lot of dedicated tech. I could have sworn we already had a dirt bike/ATV forum but apparently there isn’t one. So that’s my vote. One for dirt bike/ATV/side by side, all together.

those are three entirely different things.

Some of you guys live in areas where there are more rentals than SXS owners. SD is a prime example in the Black Hills. I can legitimately say those people have most likely never been off road ever before, and are just renting one for a day or two. All you need is a $1,000 insurance deposit and $450 and you can drive a UTV anywhere, all day, no matter how much you know.

Last weekend every other trailer had a SXS on it. Sure there are rentals but it's the only place to ride in a 300 miles radius or more.

Every night it's more SXS down the highway then cars. I live right by 2 of the main access points and no rentals nearby.

I have had 4x4 trucks, buggies and an ultra4 car... my 4xp Turbo is hell of a lot of fun to take out in the woods. Is it a rockcrawler? no, but it huals ass and does most stuff I want it to do. a SXS sub would be cool. I don't do FB...

I was considering buying a couple of new SBS's for shits and giggles. But after seeing the weekly totalled wreckage on 20K+ SBS-tows; I am saying "no bueno" to this shit storm. I think the stock SBS shit is light and fast, but fragile (i.e. bent control arms and frames) I am going to start looking into building a Franken rig from the SBS graveyard.

The way I see it... SBS stuff is like dealing with a $500 hooker. Jeep is like rolling with your wife or GF. :stirthepot:

I was considering buying a couple of new SBS's for shits and giggles. But after seeing the weekly totalled wreckage on 20K+ SBS-tows; I am saying "no bueno" to this shit storm. I think the stock SBS shit is light and fast, but fragile (i.e. bent control arms and frames) I am going to start looking into building a Franken rig from the SBS graveyard.

The way I see it... SBS stuff is like dealing with a $500 hooker. Jeep is like rolling with your wife or GF. :stirthepot:

I've ridden in groups with the RZR's and Mavericks. Those bent arms and frames are from the speeds they travel. Our last group ride with sport machines were hitting speeds of 65mph down WV trails. Lots of flat tires that day. No broken arms or frames, but one smoked belt.

My X4 "might" hit 28 mph on a smooth section of trail. Other than that it's 12-15 mph. It'll rattle your teeth out of your skull going any faster.

With all that said, building a Franken rig would be pretty cool. I wouldn't mind finding a decent Rhino and building that into something.

A sxs is kinda like a jeep. If you want to ride hard and not break. Just rip out all the stock stuff and replace with aftermarket. Your good to go then.

Last trip to the UP we covered 500 miles in 3 days. Lots of times hitting 70 MPH on Can Am X3's. Mostly fire roads and 2 tracks. You can go fast and not break shit, just gotta slow down for the obstacles.

The frames are weak. .050 with holes in them. Nothing thick on the hard hit areas. I raced a Stock Rock and Trail rzr, at the end the right WB was 2” shorter than the left WB.

you need to tear down and brace/gusset the frame if you want to go hard a lot. Medium speed trail riders should have minimal issues.

FB tech is non existent

The frames are weak. .050 with holes in them. Nothing thick on the hard hit areas. I raced a Stock Rock and Trail rzr, at the end the right WB was 2” shorter than the left WB.

you need to tear down and brace/gusset the frame if you want to go hard a lot. Medium speed trail riders should have minimal issues.

FB tech is non existent

The new Speed SxS seems to be the hot ticket for one that is purpose built for racing and can take the abuse. If i were going to desert race or compete at KOH with one i would have went with the Speed. I couldn't justify the price and wait time just to race at the local short course so I went with the Honda.

Boats are popular. Maybe we should have a subforum?

Bicycles are everywhere! Forum?

Airplanes are cool. ?

Everyone likes girls eating dicks...maybe we need a forum for that. It would cover sxs owners, too!

I'd be up for a SxS forum. Several of us have RZR's and do quite a bit of rock crawling. They are surprisingly capable machines.

I don't see a need for a sxs forum but maybe a power sports forum under general tech just group them all together sxs's, atv's, motorcycles, dirt bikes , jet ski, boats, sleds etc

Boats are popular. Maybe we should have a subforum?

Bicycles are everywhere! Forum?

Airplanes are cool. ?

Everyone likes girls eating dicks...maybe we need a forum for that. It would cover sxs owners, too!

Since when are boats, bicycles, and airplanes 4x4? The website literally has 4x4 in its fucking name man!

The new Speed SxS seems to be the hot ticket for one that is purpose built for racing and can take the abuse. If i were going to desert race or compete at KOH with one i would have went with the Speed. I couldn't justify the price and wait time just to race at the local short course so I went with the Honda.

Who built the Honda? I just had a convo with the Factory team last week about it.

Who built the Honda? I just had a convo with the Factory team last week about it.

I built my Honda.

I got to check out one of the Honda Factory cars after KOH. It was much more "stock" than I expected. About the only trick parts I spotted on it besides the turbo setup was a set of double shear knuckles F & R. The rest of the car was meh and even had a crappy bolt on cage....

You want to see bad ass Honda Talons? Look up Raceco-usa and Hans Ada Racing on FB.

Raceco is starting to make some seriously bad ass suspension parts for the Talons and is going to field a 4 seater in this years Baja 1000. :smokin:

Hans Ada races a Talon in the LOORRS series and had Geiser Performance build his car. The chassis work on his car is awesome.

Here is my junk. Its still not done yet but getting there slowly....

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200704_210234.jpg Views:	0 Size:	485.6 KB ID:	75402

There is a build thread in the "Other builds" section.

Last edited:
Some of us swing both ways :flipoff2:

I’m part owner of an U4 car, raced KOH in it. I’ve got a Jeep crawler, a Tracker trail rig. And I’m just wrapping up a build on a turbo rzr that even the haters would probably like.

Ive seen the stereotypical SXS owner we all despise. Inexperienced idiot that doesn’t know trail etiquette shows with a stock machine he thinks is a race car. Drives off trail, smokes a belt. Unprepared and in the way, obnoxious and entitled. I agree - fuck those guys.

Half those tool bags have buyers remorse to begin with and insurance will total them for a scratch. I bought an IBB dream! Instead of buying a new one, I bought a salvage 2018 turbo XP, tons of good shit done to it. I have a built to to hilt rzr for less than you can buy a brand new one for. Some might even want to see a build thread on it. A powersports forum would be a good place to do one of those.

Some of us swing both ways :flipoff2:

I bought an IBB dream! Instead of buying a new one, I bought a salvage 2018 turbo XP, tons of good shit done to it. I have a built to to hilt rzr for less than you can buy a brand new one for. Some might even want to see a build thread on it. A powersports forum would be a good place to do one of those.

You have been dropping hints here and at the old place for a while. Spill the beans already! I wanna see what you have going on with it. :smokin:

You have been dropping hints here and at the old place for a while. Spill the beans already! I wanna see what you have going on with it. :smokin:

See above. Bought a wrecked machine sight unseen from a salvage auction, thought I was getting a stock low mileage machine. The front suspension was broken and cracked plastics from doing a front flip at the sand dunes. Odo showed 680 miles.

what I got delivered to me was someone’s money pit with a ton of aftermarket stuff on it. The biggest one being the dynamite turbo package from evolution power sports that makes it 260 hp from 168 hp. Which is over $4,000 dollars alone. B&M gated shifter, S&B filter, and some dress up stuff inside.

The suspension (A-arms axles tie rods etc) was destroyed. But the frame was fine. So I put a high clearance boxed arms long travel suspension in it with huge 300M CV’s. Stretched the wheel base a bit and made it 79 inches wide. I pulled the transmission and put lower gears in it to correct the ratio for up to 35’s. Put 34” Patagonia’s on raceline 15’s under it. Caged, skid plate, winch bumper, prp seats and bases, full doors, window nets. It’s almost ready to tech into ultra4 to race it.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh