What's new

"super singles" in 17.5 -19.5 for gooseneck retofit

those look good 6005lbs 18 ply . they are a little high but you will be pleased with the performance and lack of flats.
check tire pressure daily before operating . they will haul whatever you want . 6005lbs 24,020lbs
i have a small loader i put on mine it is a tag along trailer 20+5 the loader weights 20k the tires dont really even squat

Ordered 4 of these. Now I need to figger out something heavy to haul.

Let me know what you think when you get them and actual measurements. I need some new tires for my trailer and have been considering buying those for the weight rating

It's kinda funny to me that you think a single axle will distribute load on your frame better than a tandem axle set. You need to look at how you're loading the trailer, and assess the frame strength for the load you're carrying, rather than put all the load on a single axle.

That being said, post pictures when you convert to a single axle, then a new thread to figure out the real problem once your frame cracks again :lmao:
There’s a few reasons for the single axle. I’m copying a way a manufacturer makes a similar trailer but with my own add ons where I want them. It’s partially my fault for not specifying but you’ve made a lot of assumptions. Partner is a mechanical engineer so I’ll be good with his over sight. I’m looking for an increased frame height. Dual 17.5/19.5 may be a better fit for me in case of blow out. Trailer will never leave a close radius. Building an entire new frame around a specific implement where torsional load on the tube frame through cycles is the issue. He was asking about 19.5 super singles and I’m just sharing something I found. If it works for him great if not also great. These type of responses are why I don’t post things and why Ive just lurked for 15 years mostly.

There’s a few reasons for the single axle. I’m copying a way a manufacturer makes a similar trailer but with my own add ons where I want them. It’s partially my fault for not specifying but you’ve made a lot of assumptions. Partner is a mechanical engineer so I’ll be good with his over sight. I’m looking for an increased frame height. Dual 17.5/19.5 may be a better fit for me in case of blow out. Trailer will never leave a close radius. Building an entire new frame around a specific implement where torsional load on the tube frame through cycles is the issue. He was asking about 19.5 super singles and I’m just sharing something I found. If it works for him great if not also great. These type of responses are why I don’t post things and why Ive just lurked for 15 years mostly.
So you're building a custom trailer for a particular load, copying what a manufacturer is doing and having a ME check the design to make sure you're not getting into any components area where it will flex too much and wear out due to load cycles.
That's a whole different ball of wax than what you initially said which is converting a existing trailer from dual 8K torsion axles to a single 16k axle:
I’m trying to convert a trailer from tandem 8k dexter torsion axles into one 16k lippert axle with leaf springs and that’s all I can find. Trying to ditch the torsion axles because they keep cracking my trailers frame right after the mounting brackets where it flexes.
Now we all need pictures :grinpimp:

Aaron Z

Tires came in yesterday. Look nice, killer wheels. Tires are Diamond Back branded. Seems Taskmaster is three brands of tires and wheels. China made. Dot stuff on tires and wheels. Potato cam pics.
20231017_172704.jpg
20231017_172614.jpg
20231017_172604.jpg

Attachments

• 20231017_172554.jpg
    20231017_172554.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 20231017_172552.jpg
    20231017_172552.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
  • 20231017_172525.jpg
    20231017_172525.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 7
  • 20231017_172446.jpg
    20231017_172446.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
hubs look like the axles are only 8k
just going massive overkill on tires?
7k axles, they rate trailer 16k, gonna haul a 20k dozer short distances. Might slide down and get some bins of melons ever now and then.Just hate having flat on trailers.

this
do not ever run them low
steel sidewalls love to blow out when they get to flexing
He ain’t exaggerating,

This inner was at 120psi when I left, I was rolling light didn’t notice it had gone flat, didn't flop around, barely squished at the contact patch. Aired it up for the chance it wasn’t ruined.

IMG_5845.jpeg

let the air out before taking it off
that shit will kill you dead and it'll hurt the entire time you're dying

they make these dingliedanglies that connect both valve stems together with hoses so you only gotta fill one stem, bolts to the hub all nice and accessable
and they got an indicator that goes red if one of the tires goes low
one way valves too so one doesn't empty the other

I’ve been looking at those extensions as the inners aren’t easy to get to, the shop that mounted 3 of the tires doesn’t carry them saying they cause more problems than they solve. The prices range from $20-$150. Likely just get new angled longer stems.

Pulled it off flat, had to wrestle it for the bead to seat. Used a clip on chuck so I could hide behind stuff as it was airing up.

Top Back Refresh