What's new

Sumo Springs on my tow rig

Tumbleweed13

Hacker Extraordinaire
Member Number
Loc
Southern California
Last time I went wheelin/camping. I noticed the truck,2014 Ram 2500, was sagging quite a bit. Also, my old drop hitch, only rated for 6k lbs, looked to be flexing. Upgrades were needed. After some YouTube research, I decided to try some SumoSprings and a Gen-Y Boss torsion hitch. I installed the Sumo’s yesterday. Can’t wait to try it all out. I’ll do an update post as soon as I can.
IMG_6047.jpeg
IMG_7348.jpeg
IMG_7341.jpeg
IMG_7344.jpeg
IMG_7349.jpeg

I put sumos on my F150 the other day since it sinks right to the stops with a bed full of firewood. Being dropped 2" in the rear already I'm right on them all the time but it rides much better loaded now. Stiffer but not bouncy.

I have sumo and Trimbren on different trucks, I liked them because you didn't have to do anything but really Air bags were the best for me.
The adjustability you get from air bags just could not be beat.

Adjustability is nice but the extra bullshit and cost associated with bags wasn't worth it for me. Took longer to get tools out than it did to install them on my application.

All the other stuff does suck, but also all the other stuff gets you a little air compressor on board to air up trailer tires.

Top Back Refresh