What's new

Stripping and strippers.

air blow gun then a rag drenched in mineral spirits or something similar? by rag, i mean a shower towel
It's an option, but it's a ton of work. Lots of little spots with packed in stripper paint debris in vent holes and around tanks.

Going to feed gasoline through the pressure washer first and report back.

🔥
Joking. I'd only do that if I could reclaim the fuel. :flipoff2:

Now I really need to see that. Surely some dumbass on youtube has tried it? :lmao:

The potential for fiery death is... exciting. :lmao:

Electric pressure washer and diesel seems to be the way to do it and not die.:homer:

Kroil's Floway used to (like back in the 80's when I first encountered it) have a testimonial that read "Works better than boiling gasoline!"

And I was like...

Wut.png

20230901_182400.jpg

20230901_181952.jpg

This sucks.

The bulk of it is stripped, but I've got to go back and hit the parts the guy missed, the edges, under bumpers and behind fender stuff. Still ain't heard from the guy who works for me, I guess this made him quit.

Did he get his paycheck? He could be locked up, I've had to put 4 or 5 last paychecks on dumbasses commissary!

Did he get his paycheck? He could be locked up, I've had to put 4 or 5 last paychecks on dumbasses commissary!
Na, he ain't the type to get locked up.

I did have a guy get locked up at the start of a job. No show, calls at 10 tells me story and he will be out by noon. Calls at 12, judge won't be in until 2. Calls at 4 has to go get his car, i tell him I don't need the help anymore.

My one friend used to pick up his guys at prison on a work release program. He liked that they were always ready and sober. Some fucking characters they were though.

My problem is I need part time help, I pay well but it's not a consistent thing.

20230913_164547.jpg

Pretty much ready, have a few more spots to sand and a little welding to do. Painter coming Friday night to prime it. Going to wash it tomorrow, dry and rub it down with acetone soaked towel right away, might pull the moisture out with it when evaporating. I'm already fighting surface rust and will need to do a once over to clean it up morning of the paint job.

Epoxy primer says do not use. Can cause it to pop and flake off from what I read.

FWIW, the epoxy primer I used on my truck is sticking fine in the areas I used ospho, which was pretty much every panel due to humidity in my area. Ospho applied, scuffed/sanded lightly again, then tack and spray.

The paint is popping off in some areas really wrinkled up by rocks, but the primer is still sticking.

Yep... you can overcoat with it... if it is 'dry' and still tacky you put on too much. That usually happens with higher humidities...

I wipe it on with a SLIGHTLY damp cloth... not enough to be drippy or leave puddles behind.

As GLTHF said, scuff with a greenie before painting and continue with prep and you will be good.

20230916_083629.jpg

Took another pic this morning. Looks good and I'm happy with it. But now everything else needs to be nicer.

Next I'm going to clean up wheel wells, hubs, and rims for paint. Not sure if I'll use some sort of undercoat on wheel wells or just roll on some rust inhibit paint.

Next I'm going to clean up wheel wells, hubs, and rims for paint. Not sure if I'll use some sort of undercoat on wheel wells or just roll on some rust inhibit paint.
fibered roof patch asphalt, thinned with whatever solvent you like the smell of, applied with a brush
get the 8 dollar PVC gloves

fibered roof patch asphalt, thinned with whatever solvent you like the smell of, applied with a brush
get the 8 dollar PVC gloves
I got some 3m 08883 undercoat spray. Seems decent, 4 cans covered it. It's not going to be driving around the salt unless it's on a trailer so it's probably good.

Waiting on my powder coat stuff, should be done tward the end of this coming week. Really want to get this back together soon.

Top Back Refresh