What's new

Stimulus Bill Math

I thought the cash for individuals was just an advance on your income tax returrn?

Nope, tax free money. I dont qualify as an individual but I do as a family because my wife didnt work all of 2018. I was between the reduced and cap amounts. My wife didn't work at all last year so when I filed my taxes this year they gave me the difference in the stimulus I didn't initially qualify for. So my return ended up like $1500 more that I should have got for just a plain tax return.

Schools. Unemployment. Rent. You’d know these things if you went pst the headline on Fox News

Plus bailing out asl the large cities/states that were lead by corrupt democrats who bankrupted most of the systems. The same people who committed voter fraud to get the dems in there in the first place. They said they were going to give our tax money to those liberal shitholes once they got in so they are now making good on their promises.
Between the stimulus and the unemployment bonuses to encourage bums to not work until August, and a small amount for chosen businesses, 21% goes to Covid-related causes.
Shit, there is even money in there for China and a subway system for silicon valley.

Plus bailing out asl the large cities/states that were lead by corrupt democrats who bankrupted most of the systems. The same people who committed voter fraud to get the dems in there in the first place. They said they were going to give our tax money to those liberal shitholes once they got in so they are now making good on their promises.
Between the stimulus and the unemployment bonuses to encourage bums to not work until August, and a small amount for chosen businesses, 21% goes to Covid-related causes.
Shit, there is even money in there for China and a subway system for silicon valley.

No. There isn’t money for a subway system read the fucking bill. Don’t just repeat shit you heard. You sound like one of those ‘uneducated liberals’ this place bitches about.

Voter fraud happened. Also Obama’s birth certificate was fake and Covid 19 was made in a Chinese lab with support from the Democrats.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/exper...dium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-03-07-5

Experts Criticize ‘Reckless’ Obamacare Expansion in $1.9 Trillion Stimulus Bill

BY BOWEN XIAO

March 7, 2021 Updated: March 7, 2021

Health care experts are criticizing an Obamacare expansion quietly added to the latest CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus stimulus bill, arguing that it mostly benefits richer households and insurance companies. They say most of the bill is going toward things other than ending the pandemic as soon as possible.

While the $1.9 trillion relief bill has been scrutinized over its funding a range of industries not directly related to the pandemic, such as five transit projects that collectively would cost more than $175 million, coverage on the expansion of Obamacare—also called the Affordable Care Act—has been scarce.

Doug Badger, visiting fellow in domestic policy studies at the Heritage Foundation and a former policy adviser to the White House, the U.S. Senate, and the Department of Health and Human Services, noted that most of the new spending in the Obamacare expansion will benefit people who are already heavily subsidized.

“It’s a solution in search of a problem,” Badger told The Epoch Times. “Insurance company regulatory filings show no spike in the number of uninsured people. Nor does the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) believe that the expansion will materially change the number of uninsured.”

“Instead, insurance companies will benefit most by receiving even larger government subsidies on behalf of people who already have coverage,” he added. “The administration is misleading people to believe that the legislation is needed to combat the pandemic.”

The stimulus bill expands the Affordable Care Act subsidies for two years at a cost of $34 billion. The expanded subsidies are set to expire at the end of 2022, less than two months after the next congressional elections, Badger said, adding that the country can expect the administration and its allies to call for extending the expanded subsidies rather than “cutting benefits” to millions of people with Obamacare coverage.

Senate Democrats pushed the bill through to a debate on March 4 with the help of Vice President Kamala Harris to break the 50-50 tie. On March 6, the Senate passed the $1.9 trillion relief plan in a party-line vote. Republicans tried to add around three dozen amendments, albeit unsuccessfully.

Brian Blase, who served as special assistant to President Donald Trump at the White House’s National Economic Council, said the subsidy expansion largely replaces private spending with government spending. The stimulus provides substantial new health-insurance subsidies to upper-income households, describing in a recent op-ed an example of how a 60-year-old couple with two children making $200,000 would receive a subsidy of $12,000.

Blase, a key architect of Trump’s health policy agenda, said he believes the latest legislation is “reckless.”

“It is not intended to provide Americans relief from the coronavirus, and is immoral for our nation’s youth and future generations of Americans who will have to pay all this back,” Blase told The Epoch Times.

“In some parts of the country where premiums are high, families with incomes exceeding half a million dollars will qualify for thousands of dollars in subsidies to buy an ObamaCare plan,” Blase notes. “In contrast, a family of four making $40,000 receives an added benefit of just $1,600.”

The CBO estimates that the expanded subsidies will cut the average number of uninsured by one million at a cost of $34 billion over the two years, he notes.

Blase told The Epoch Times that 75 percent of the Obamacare subsidy expansion represents crowd-out, meaning the government is just replacing what households would have spent with their own resources, citing CBO estimates. The COBRA subsidy expansion, which is now the federal government paying 100 percent of premiums, will represent a lot of crowd-out as well, he added.

He noted that for this year and the next year, the Democrats are proposing to make these subsidies “more generous for everyone who is already eligible and to remove the cap so even rich people can qualify.” The current proposal benefits upper-income households far more than lower-income households.

The 10-year cost if the temporary expansions are made permanent “could easily be $500 billion,” Blase told The Epoch Times.

“The new subsidies will be much larger than the value of the tax exclusion for employer-sponsored coverage. I believe it will be foolish for most employers with fewer than 50 workers to offer coverage,” he said. “They can raise wages and their workers can qualify for large subsidies.”

Aside from the monetary aspect, the bill has also been criticized for being pushed through without bipartisan support or much discussion. Harris had to break the tie in the 50-50 divided chamber with her vote.

As Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss.) highlighted in a graphic posted on her Twitter account, the five previous pandemic relief packages had passed with near-unanimous bipartisan support. Hyde-Smith notes she would have “easily supported a new, targeted package where it’s needed.”

“We should be moving forward together, not like this,” Hyde-Smith wrote on Twitter on March 5.

David Schein, a professor and Associate Dean for Graduate Programs at the University of St. Thomas, said the stimulus bill as it is now “would only pass with one-party support.”

“The sneaky proposal to revive Obamacare by taking $44 billion plus $16 billion from hard-working taxpayers through a provision in the fake COVID Stimulus Bill is unconscionable on its face,” Schein told The Epoch Times. “That does not sound like Biden’s ‘unity’ pledge.”

The stimulus bill creates work disincentives by making everyone who is receiving unemployment benefits eligible for free Obamacare, said Doug Badger.

“When coupled with the additional $400 per week unemployment bonus proposal, the prospect of free health insurance would make many individuals financially better off unemployed than working,” Badger told The Epoch Times. “This added work disincentive in the American Recovery Act could impede economic recovery and hurt unemployed workers in the long run by reducing their employment and income prospects.”

As soon as the Senate began considering the bill, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) forced the chamber’s clerks to begin reading the entire 628-page measure aloud. He was the only senator at his desk for most of the night, appearing to follow along silently, one sheet at a time.

As the night dragged on, he stood every so often and paced the perimeter of the chamber, reading as he walked. He said earlier that he was doing it to “shine the light on this abusive and obscene amount of money.”

“After listening to the entire 11 hours of the reading of this bill, it’s clear this is not a COVID relief bill,” Johnson said in a March 5 Twitter post. “It’s amazing how much spending is for 2022-2028. This is just a Democrat wish list.”

No. There isn’t money for a subway system read the fucking bill. Don’t just repeat shit you heard. You sound like one of those ‘uneducated liberals’ this place bitches about.

Voter fraud happened. Also Obama’s birth certificate was fake and Covid 19 was made in a Chinese lab with support from the Democrats.

You are correct, it was a pulled after the house passed it but was a part of the original package. BART train for Pelosi and bridge to Canada. I didn't know the senate got rid of it after being deemed not part of reconciliation, who'd have thunk

You are correct, it was a pulled after the house passed it but was a part of the original package. BART train for Pelosi and bridge to Canada. I didn't know the senate got rid of it after being deemed not part of reconciliation, who'd have thunk

well hot damn. So the bill DOESNT contain that shit you said it does. Next you’ll explain to the OP how the math works.

Oh, I got one wrong. Fuck off.
All the other shit is happening.
The subway was the least corrupt thing I mentioned.
Fuck off again.

• $54.3 billion for K-12 schools, largely delivered through Title I funding. That's about four times what schools received in the CARES Act approved in March.
  • $22.7 billion for higher education with $1.7 billion set aside for minority-serving institutions and close to $1 billion for for-profit colleges
  • $4 billion for governors to spend at their discretion, with $2.7 billion of that for private schools.
number 3 is just dumb and the school funds don't even kick in till the trillion we haven't spent is used. No sugar coating this one, same if you like your plan you can keep it bs

• $54.3 billion for K-12 schools, largely delivered through Title I funding. That's about four times what schools received in the CARES Act approved in March.
  • $22.7 billion for higher education with $1.7 billion set aside for minority-serving institutions and close to $1 billion for for-profit colleges
  • $4 billion for governors to spend at their discretion, with $2.7 billion of that for private schools.
number 3 is just dumb and the school funds don't even kick in till the trillion we haven't spent is used. No sugar coating this one, same if you like your plan you can keep it bs

Why do schools need money? We never quit paying for them during the “shutdown”

well hot damn. So the bill DOESNT contain that shit you said it does. Next you’ll explain to the OP how the math works.

To requote a comment I read earlier 'Liberal Math: How does $1400 = the $2000 Democrats promised to Georgia Voters to vote for both Democrat Senators. You have to carry the lie to get to the $2000."

I wonder If I'll get this one? didn't get any of the others.

holy fucking shit! :eek: think about all the soups and honey buns jails will sell.

Stuck in prison? Here’s how to claim your coronavirus stimulus check - syracuse.com

Syracuse, N.Y. — Being incarcerated, it turns out, doesn’t disqualify you from receiving a coronavirus stimulus check. You just have to know how to claim it.

Nothing in the two stimulus packages Congress approved last year bars prisoners from receiving stimulus payments, which for most people amounted to $1,200 for the first payment and $600 for the second one.

That did not stop the IRS in June from trying to deny the first stimulus payments to people behind bars. But a federal judge in October ruled the agency had no authority to deny prisoners the payments.

The same holds true for the second stimulus payments, which the IRS began issuing in early January 2021.

“Individuals will not be denied Economic Impact Payments solely because they are incarcerated,” the IRS says on its website. “An incarcerated individual may be issued a payment if all eligibility requirements are met and the individual filed a 2019 tax return that was processed by the IRS.”

Prisoners who are eligible for either of the payments but did not receive them may claim them under the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit on line 30 of Form 1040 on their 2020 tax return (the one that’s due April 15, 2021). Line 30 includes a worksheet for calculating how much of the stimulus payments a person is eligible for.

Last edited:
And just like that, the republicans are worried about national debt again...

The way a friend of mine put it
Think of the country as a ship when the Dems are in charge they are dancing around shooting cannons down through the bottom, when the Repubs are in charge they stop the Dems from trying to sink the ship, but do nothing to patch the holes the Dems shot into the bottom :laughing:

Even Mitt Romney disagreed with it! Cali is getting shitloads of money when they are going to have a 30,000,000,00 surplus!:eek: Utah doesn’t need the billions they are gonna give the state. We have a balanced budget amendment. They are giving us a $100,000,000 tax cut and still balanced the budget. Our great grandkids will still be paying on this bullshit!:mad3:

Debt is the best legal current option the government has towards continuing enslavement of the people.

The way a friend of mine put it
Think of the country as a ship when the Dems are in charge they are dancing around shooting cannons down through the bottom, when the Repubs are in charge they stop the Dems from trying to sink the ship, but do nothing to patch the holes the Dems shot into the bottom :laughing:

Normally yes, but during the trump years they were shooting even bigger holes and claiming that it was a good thing.

No.
The fact that you found one thing they removed before approval and tried to make it sound like the entire statement was incorrect needed to be addressed.
Typical liberal crybaby screaming at the sky.
Fuck off again.

Hey I’m not the one telling lies about what is in the bill. Next time you should read it before saying what’s in there. Maybe you learned that one from Nancy. Gotta pass it to find out what is in it

oh yeah, they removed money for a project in New York too. :flipoff2:

https://www.gopusa.com/?p=107343?omhide=true

Such A Deal: For Just $5,929, Biden’s Giving You $1,400

Nolan Finley, Detroit News | Mar 9, 2021 | Commentary | 2

capitol_money_congress.jpg

President Joe Biden and the Democratic Congress are giving many Americans a check for $1,400, and it will only cost them $5,929 each.

That’s the share for every man, woman and child in the country of the $1.9 trillion partisan COVID-19 relief package passed by Congress over the weekend.

The price tag amounts to half the $3.8 trillion the federal Treasury expects to take in this year in tax revenue. And it comes on top of the $3.4 trillion in pandemic spending approved last year under President Donald Trump, for a total cost per American of $10,269.

Democrats pushed through this bill so they can take credit for rescuing an economy that is already in recovery. Notice how they trash-talked the February jobs report, which indicated 379,000 jobs were created in February, more than twice the new jobs in the adjusted January report.

Even before the reckless COVID package passed, economists were projecting first quarter growth would come in at a robust 3.2% rate.

Flooding the economy with nearly $2 trillion in deficit spending at a time when it is poised to boom coming out of the pandemic is unnecessary and, worse, potentially inflationary.

The economy doesn’t need artificial stimulation, and most Americans don’t need a gratuitous check from the government. Despite the pandemic, household incomes grew 6.8% in 2020, and savings grew by an extra $1.3 trillion, money that will presumably be unleased as the shutdowns go away.

But many Americans are suffering and need help. Instead of targeting relief to them, Biden and the Democratic Congress printed an extra $1.9 trillion and shot it out of a confetti cannon.

Democrats seized the opportunity to spread the money to as many of their constituent groups as possible.

The Wall Street Journal said just $825 billion will go to actual COVID-19 relief, while $1 trillion will fund a variety of progressive programs and pure pork.

Examples include more than $1 billion for various museums and art programs; $350 billion to state governments, allocated based on unemployment, which are higher in Democratic states where shutdowns were tighter; another $122 billion for schools, most of which will be spent after the pandemic is over; $1.5 billion for Amtrak, four times the amount the train system lost last year, and $86 billion to bail-out pension plans.

Perhaps the most curious on a list of baffling appropriations is $5 billion to forgive the federal loans of all minority farmers, plus a 20% premium on the loan for their pockets. Struggling white farmers got no such relief, which calls the constitutionality of the allocation into question.

Is this really the kind of spending Americans want to take on nearly $6,000 each in extra debt to support?

The national debt has surged by more than 200% since 2008, to $28 trillion. Before this latest stimulus/relief package, the individual share for every American was more than $84,000.

When the debt numbers reach the point where paying them off is an incomprehensible concept, the tendency is to just shrug and keep spending. What’s another $2 trillion piled on a mountain already out of reach?

Or even $2 trillion more? That’s what’s up next to pay for Biden’s infrastructure plan, which he hopes to have signed by July 4.

With the nation’s roads and bridges crumbling and sewers and water lines rotting, that expenditure could be swallowed as a worthy investment, and one that might pay off in increased commerce.

But just like the COVID-19 package, the infrastructure proposal is being twisted by Democrats to please special interests. So instead of repaving roads, rebuilding bridges and replacing water lines, much of the money will go to social justice experiments and renewable energy boondoggles.

Who cares, right? Since we’ve already passed the debt doomsday mark, we may as well keep partying while we wait for the implosion.

Top Back Refresh