What's new

Stihl MS211

I assume your Caulk is bigger than mine from your superior attitude.

If we’re sharpening our own chainsaw chains at a fire, things have gone way south.

Uh, if your someplace you have someone else there to touch up your chains............wow, guess your a WLFF in downtown LA.

I am humbled in such greatness.

Wait for it, here come the BULLSHIT "WLFF" response..........

Fuckin' really ? A hardware store to sharpen your chain ? Lord help you if your ever someplace where you can't get someone else to sharpen your chain. Holy shit.

That POS "anti-kickback: shit is for posers.

Do you even own a pair of Caulks ? Do you even have a clue what they are ?

'nuff said

The only caulks I’ve ever heard of are the heavy, lugged shoes on draft horses. I’m not a lumberjack, don’t want to be one. I’m a fireman and want this saw to work and be safe for anyone who runs it.

Yeah, whatever.....................

Wow

Trust me, any response is just going to put you deeper into the pit of ignorance.....................

Flame away stud. You have obviously been so deep into the WLFF realm that you are the expert.

Wow.......

Wow

Trust me, any response is just going to put you deeper into the pit of ignorance.....................

Flame away stud. You have obviously been so deep into the WLFF realm that you are the expert.

Wow.......
check out this hard core logger
what's that, at least 10" long?
gonna take two flushes

Wow

Wow.......

MwlpKw.gif

Ok sparky,

You are such a bunch of STUDS that you know so much more than I do......................................interesting considering how may years I have done it.

Ever wonder why Calif burns so bad every year ?

Oh wait, HERE COME THE EXPERTS TO TELL YOU WHY I AM WRONG..............

I think I’ve made it pretty clear I don’t know shit about logging or chainsaws. I’m not a forest service guy either. I live in ND, for God’s sake, there’s about 12 trees in the whole state.

I’m on a volunteer, rural FD. This saw gets used almost never. It needs to work when we need it, and it will be operated by untrained people wearing no protective gear when it’s used.

I don’t give a fuck why California burns. I am enjoying you being Billy big caulk, so by all means, carry on.

I hear good things about those carbide chains
I've been using a concrete saw with a carbide tooth blade in it (one of them chopsaw ones where it lost a few teeth) to cut up an old barn and it's gone through a shitton of nails and still cuts
doesn't really have a lot of carbide left on the teeth but it still cuts, though it doesn't make a wide enough kerf to cut very deep without rubbing bad

Ok sparky,

You are such a bunch of STUDS that you know so much more than I do......................................interesting considering how may years I have done it.

pretty sure you came here to tell us how youre right. Its friday dude, crack a beer and relax. Or does alcohol make you more of a loud mouth?:lmao:

I hope the carbide will be good. My carbide circular saw blade has cut through lots of nails. Way more used lumber than new.

Ok sparky,

Yeh I will bite,
you are not wrong, just an arrogant idiot.
if you truly are so good with a saw, I know damn well you would be helping advise others on best practices, not belittling.
you have proven you don't know shit.

if you have something positive to add to the conversation, please do.
I will wait

I hope the carbide will be good. My carbide circular saw blade has cut through lots of nails. Way more used lumber than new.

carbide is great for dirty and frozen wood. it will last a long time but can only be sharpened with a diamond wheel. it doesn't dull easily, but is prone to chipping.
also cost a lot more than regular chain.

Fuckin' really ? A hardware store to sharpen your chain ? Lord help you if your ever someplace where you can't get someone else to sharpen your chain. Holy shit.

That POS "anti-kickback: shit is for posers.

Do you even own a pair of Caulks ? Do you even have a clue what they are ?

'nuff said

giphy.gif

Tested out the carbide toothed chain, absolutely great. Saw is all ready to go. I even flipped the bar when I replaced the chain. Took the old chains to get sharpened, the girl at the store called me a pussy and said she bet I didn’t know what a caulk was for... weird

Tested out the carbide toothed chain, absolutely great. Saw is all ready to go. I even flipped the bar when I replaced the chain. Took the old chains to get sharpened, the girl at the store called me a pussy and said she bet I didn’t know what a caulk was for... weird

:lmao:

See if you have a burr on the old bottom of your bar. If you do knock it off with whatever file you have kicking around. While you have it back apart scrape all the schmoo out of the bar groove, the oiling ports and passages, and the sprocket. Good bar hygiene is important

Also teach everyone that the chain never touches the dirt while running or even dirty wood if it can be avoided. See if the owner of the hardware store/ saw shop will come give your guys some basic pointers and at least teach you how to give your chains a touch up between dropping them off. 5 min of instruction on sharpening and you would only make them better.

Will do. Great ideas, thanks guys.

For a fire department I’d suggest keeping a half dozen chains in a cabinet and replace it every time the saw gets used. If I needed a saw that I didn’t own in an emergency I’d hate to count on the last guy to have filed it.

A 12v cordless sharpener is a pretty good expedient for field sharpening. Or for totally ruining a chain.

YouTube actually has almost all of the BC faller cert videos, check em out. Good info for professionals, that is valuable for amateurs like us. Except big caulk guy, he don't need no eddication.

My caulks are Daytons, if that lends me any credence.:rolleyes:

I don't get what that's got to do with chainsaws but okay, neat. Look like they'd do good on ice and terrible on everything else, lol
Mostly urethanes and silicones but there's a few butyls, rubbers and asphalts on the shelf if you need one
asphalt cock
sounds messy, probably causes californian cancer

[486 said:
;n239916]I don't get what that's got to do with chainsaws but okay, neat. Look like they'd do good on ice and terrible on everything else, lol

asphalt cock
sounds messy, probably causes californian cancer

They're for not falling on your ass. Example of a time for caulks:
Screenshot_20201219-183425_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20201219-182858_Instagram.jpg

In steep, wet, nasty bush they're absolutely amazing. Game changing to be able to step on a log and not worry about your feet going out from under you.

also they're pronounced "corks" not "cocks."

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh