What's new

Sterling 10.5 Differences?

Buy from a different yard. They're not all the same. We used to sell with everything complete.

Buy from a different yard. They're not all the same. We used to sell with everything complete.
Used to is the key part here. Any yard with an insurance policy will not sell the brakes.

Same practice - unchanged. Brakes are not 'sold' with the diff. They are included as a convenience, as-is. Like-for-like is returned with the core.

Maybe you want to order out of Canada where things aren't so litigious. :flipoff2:

It’s a liability for them to leave the brakes.:flipoff:
The fuck are you talking about? You can get loaded axles at most yards. A lot of yards will sell complete subframe takeouts

A lot of yards sell core stuff by the ton so when a vehicle comes in they strip all that shit and toss it in a particular bin. They're not gonna go looking through that bin for you. Sounds like some yard made up some bullshit excuse and your dumb ass bought it.

Im sure its different depending on where you live.

Ive bought entire axles out of junkyards. 100% complete. Ive also stripped housings bare and bought all sorts of weird parts like hubs, caliper brackets, etc. The u-pull-it around here that i usually go to will sell you calipers & rotors too, if you want them. In case youre wondering, calipers, rotors & drums are $10-15 each. I bought a hydroboost unit with master cylinder on it for $50, so i know theyll sell master cylinders too.

I'd check craiglist or market place before I buy from a boneyard.

As far as brakes for these trucks I've used Brakemotive in Chiraq for rotors and some pads, the rotors are G300 iron, zinc plated,drilled and slotted, they are the best bang for the buck, I've used plenty, my UPS driver hates me.

On 2011+ rear axles the backing plates are only available from the steeler @ $450 a side, with a little work you can make the Dorman plates work and save a lot of cash.

I just bought a complete disk to disk 2010 Sterling with calipers and pads even. Different yards have different rules.

So I just got a 2011+ sterling with the locker. The plan is to run 2 short side shafts. Can you also use 99-04 hubs and bring it in even more?

72" is what all 2005+ should be IIRC

For fucks sake :homer:

This is what everyone has been saying for years. For one, that's the front axle, rears are typically narrower. Plus I wasn't sure if there was any changes in 2011+

This is why I asked someone that has the axle out of the truck :flipoff2:

This is what everyone has been saying for years. For one, that's the front axle, rears are typically narrower. Plus I wasn't sure if there was any changes in 2011+

I will check when i get a change with straight edges :flipoff2:

This is what everyone has been saying for years.

Since you asked so nicely 70.5” +.25 rotor per side= 71”:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Attachments

• 2D3A8D1E-F27F-4343-BAE9-A78CA0301018.jpeg
    2D3A8D1E-F27F-4343-BAE9-A78CA0301018.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
  • 419205ED-0A5A-4E79-BE8D-89F8E9E332A2.jpeg
    419205ED-0A5A-4E79-BE8D-89F8E9E332A2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • 5195E867-716C-4D4F-B28F-B388367E8A45.jpeg
    5195E867-716C-4D4F-B28F-B388367E8A45.jpeg
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 34
Top Back Refresh