What's new

spin off discussion.. who are the best comedians ever?

In no real order
Pryor
Carlin
Burr
Chappelle
Ron White
Segura
Patrice O'neil
Attell
Brian Regan
Bill Hicks

Carlin, he’s the only one I saw live in person. It was a New Year’s Eve show in Honolulu. For some reason a bunch of people brought their little kids with them. Carlin walks out on stage and the first thing he says is, “Do you know what nobody talks about anymore? Pussy farts”. At that point at least half of the parents probably regret bringing their children. :laughing:

Doug Stanhope

Yes! I had to pull off the road the first time I heard the story of he and his brother letting their mom attempt suicide.

I’ll add Patrice O’Neal to the list also. Back in the day before Hart and Burr were famous. Those guys at the cellar could cut people apart.

I dont think I've seen Chris Farley or John Belushi mentioned

Robin Williams.. is at the top of my list.. of actors that are funny

but George Carlin (who I saw in Vegas) is the best non actor

When I saw George in Vegas, it was a HUGE disappointment.

He flat out SUCKED and his opener was way better.

His material was stale, and he just wasn't that funny. You could definitely tell he was just there for the check and that was it. It ruined him for me, and I wish I had just stuck to his records.

I think Mitch Hedberg was hilarious.
Also:
Old Eddie Murphy
Richard Pryor

Last edited:
Rodney Carrington

Not funny anymore. He was once, OK, but after his divorce he just became bitter and un-funny.

And you should be banned for bad taste, suggesting he is the best comedian EVER. He isn't even the best comedian of the year on his best day

I want to hear jokes. Give me Rodney Dangerfield. It is a sure thing. He isn't going to make you mad, he's just gonna make you laugh.

I forgot about that. That is definitely one of the best stand up bits of all time.

I just watched this based on your note. I'd be interested in what others think but I didn't even laugh or smirk at it. I didn't find it funny at all. The teen moms bit above was hilarious.

Carlin #1, Rodney D #2 maybe?

Wow. That’s a helluva knee sleeper. You come up with that all by yourself while eating your crayons??? :flipoff2:
Jokes on you. The red ones taste like cherry. And hell ya I’m by myself. I ain’t sharing.

Robin Williams.. is at the top of my list.. of actors that are funny

Jesus, you have some shit tastes. Robin williams and Chevy Chase? Really?
I hope the real reason Williams hung him self is how far out on a limb he went to defend Lance Armstrong, only to find out he was selling a lie. Fuck that coked out hyper active fuck wit.

Bill Hicks! Guy was way ahead of the times.

Greg Geraldo would have been up there except for his OD.

Kinnison Pryor
Pre-show Chapelle
Bill Burr
Gottfried
Foxworthy
Patrice O'neal

Some of you guys need to get the comedy/documentary "The Aristocrats". They have some real comedians.

For the record, Bert Kricher isn't funny at all.

When I saw George in Vegas, it was a HUGE disappointment.

He flat out SUCKED and his opener was way better.

His material was stale, and he just wasn't that funny. You could definitely tell he was just there for the check and that was it. It ruined him for me, and I wish I had just stuck to his records.

I saw Carlin in Vegas 2 weeks before he died. I thought it was a good show even though he had to sit down and take a break halfway through.

Maybe the funniest thing was he had a long joke about when you hear somebody has died and say, "He can't be dead, I just saw him" As if that makes any difference. When I heard he had died I said almost exactly that and started busting up laughing.

I just watched this based on your note. I'd be interested in what others think but I didn't even laugh or smirk at it. I didn't find it funny at all. The teen moms bit above was hilarious.

Carlin #1, Rodney D #2 maybe?

Maybe what made it funnier for us is we know a guy that loves to sync into the online jukeboxes at bars and play random obscure songs just to drive everyone crazy.

Maybe what made it funnier for us is we know a guy that loves to sync into the online jukeboxes at bars and play random obscure songs just to drive everyone crazy.

Well someone else in this thread thought it was the best also so maybe its that, or just me. dunno

Name does not come up often but I also like Brian Regan. Retarded facial expressions is part of his schtick which alot of people don't get into but IMO he makes it work.

Gaffigan, Pryer, Murphy, Cosby, White. No particular order, I will laugh with all of them. I can listen to Clower on repeat the same story all day and laugh every time.

Jerry Clower
Smothers Brothers
Jeanne Robertson

More sketch work than stand-up, but Tim Conway and Harvey Korman were amazing.

Top Back Refresh