What's new

Social Security... yay, or nay? Also the msm is completely full of shit.

Social Security... yay, or nay? Also the msm is completely full of shit.

• Social Security is an awesome program~ I love getting taxed that 6.2%! (more if self employed)

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Fawk Social Security~ I can be responsible for my own success or demise with that money!

Votes: 56 71.8%
  • Bacon~ lovely, crispy, juicy bacon... mmmmmmmmm

Votes: 17 21.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
you do realize, you pay 6.2% and your employer also has to pay 6.2%
12.4%

Imagine what the average person could do being able to save another 12.4% of their income...

I remember having this argument with screwy. First do you REALLY know what inflation actually is? Would you want something that loses value over time or gains value over time? Now apply that to money and stop looking at number of dollars you get vs what you can actually get with those dollars.

​​​​

I would love something that gains value. I will be happy if I could just buy something that holds value. But I would like it to have something that is somewhat fluid and not taxed when I sell it.

Just like the gas tax in California. Stated it would only be used for highway improvement, and it was complete bullshit

Absolutely. Bunch of fucking lying thieves. They did similar with the "green sticker" $$$$$$$. Supposed to be used only for improvements to OHVAs. They "borrowed " tons of $$$$$$$ and have never repaid a dime.

This got me doing some rough math. I'm sure I'm wrong.

$ 50,000.00 per year x.063 = $ 3,150 per year S.S. theft.

Invest $ 3150 per year at a safe 5% return compounding for 40 years = $ 381,575

$ 1,500 per month S.S. benefit check.

You would have to collect S.S. for 21 years to break even.

I get a bit over $2400/month SS gross. Then they take federal income tax out and $$$ out for the Medicare Advantage Plan.

Imagine what the average person could do being able to save another 12.4% of their income...

Um, 6.2% is the employers and 6.2% is the employees. Are you suggesting that the employer still keep soaking the additional 6.2% if they do away with ss? Just curious, if course unless you are being sarcastic, in that case:flipoff2:

88 posts before someone pointed this out? That just blows my mind.
I am 59. I will be 60 in two months. I have worked since I was 16, at jobs that required taxes. In that time, I estimate i have paid nearly $400,000 in social security. I recently got a notice that if I retire at 67, or basically 7 years, I will get a $2500 payout, per month. If I live until I am 81, which is a strong possibility, I will break even. If the money had been invested at 8%, I would have a basis of $1.7 million. If that was invested at 8%, which is very possible, my monthly living allowance would be about $13,000, and would easily last until I was 90. Math says Social Security was poorly managed,
being at 60, and realizing that horse has left the barn. Give it to me. Give it all to me.

At this point I only want social security because I have been paying into it for so long. Gotta be up to 200 grand by now

This. As originally designed it was a decent system, but as we all know the greedy politicians looked at SS as a slush fund and raided it for pork barrel shit.

Good design???? That’s like giving your methed out gf hundred dollar bills to hold for a few days!!!!
Please tell me more about other great social programs of government!!!!!

Good design???? That’s like giving your methed out gf hundred dollar bills to hold for a few days!!!!

Oh for fawks sake.... you know shit is bad up in here when this dumbass starts making sense. :laughing:

:flipoff2:

Not how it was designed, but you wouldn't know that because you're an idiot.

Top Back Refresh