What's new

snlc

jeeptj19992001

land of corruption and control of the people
Member Number
Loc
Living in hell
starting a little early.
making sweet corn from my field, pork loin and fried tarters . all on the grill.
then going trap shooting. bought a automatic thrower, setting up in the back, couple of friends are stopping by. got a few cases of birds.
should be a fun evening. the beers by the fire pit with cigars.

In.

Kid and I just walked down to the roadside food place for dinner. Might light the brush I cut this spring after he goes to bed.

Surprisingly not in, headed out with the Mrs. to grab a bite and possibly meet up with some friends I haven't seen since last year.

In early. Plotted out where we want our new fire pit just before the rain came and now helping my GF set up her new lap top and unboxing the rest of the Amazon stuff that showed up. Got the OG Coors flowing but gonna run out so after that I'll set to polishing off the rest of the tequila in the cabinet. Might have a look at the new Death Wish on Netflix later if I stay sober enough.

Was doing storm clean up, but GF called and asked me to look at her Grand Fathers car. Its leaking PS fluid. Get it over here and garage cleaned out to pull it in, high pressure line is leaking. Should be nbd, but it is in there good. Should make for a fun evening. Gonna be a dirty one, as its been leaking for a while. Hopefully everything cooperates. Just wish my lift did not have a project on it now, would be nicer to work on it than on the floor.

In. A neighbors son is a tugboat captain and had a fishing boat and well. He got a retail fish license a couple months ago and shows up at his parents house every couple weeks with fresh fish. Today was Halibut he caught last night. $10/lb for the whole fish and he even filed it for us. I bought a 19 pound fish to split with may parents and sister.

On the way to drop off fish I stopped at a couple bike shops. I need to start exercising to get my blood pressure down. Everything under 2 grand sold out. They may be able to get some by November:eek:

Heading to the garage to do bronco stuff so I can hopefully get it running tomorrow. Then grilling halibut and some of our fresh garden veggies:smokin:

In, didn't amount to much today. Wife has chicken on the grill basted with zesty Italian dressing and home made mac salad .

In. A neighbors son is a tugboat captain and had a fishing boat and well. He got a retail fish license a couple months ago and shows up at his parents house every couple weeks with fresh fish. Today was Halibut he caught last night. $10/lb for the whole fish and he even filed it for us. I bought a 19 pound fish to split with may parents and sister.

On the way to drop off fish I stopped at a couple bike shops. I need to start exercising to get my blood pressure down. Everything under 2 grand sold out. They may be able to get some by November:eek:

Heading to the garage to do bronco stuff so I can hopefully get it running tomorrow. Then grilling halibut and some of our fresh garden veggies:smokin:

I bought the 2020 model of this. It's a great bike.

https://www.commencalusa.com/meta-ht...in-c2x30728122

Looks like they added a lower climbing gear for 2021. One of my 2 issues. That and the brakes.

Disclaimer: I'm used to downhill brakes on my specialized demo. So in reality the brakes on the meta aren't terrible. They just aren't DH brakes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200808_184112788.jpg Views:	0 Size:	703.9 KB ID:	96584

Last edited:
In...

Sorting scrap (alum, copper & electric motors) outside, didn't realize it was hot today after showering & nap time. Will take a walk on property & water shrubs w/dawg later-

Getting ready to fire up the weber and make some steak tacos and play fetch with the pooch. Going to park my ass on the deck for the rest of the evening.

In. Rolled around in the driveway under my pickup a bit this afternoon, dinner from the asian place up the highway and TV with the woman now.

starting a little early.
making sweet corn from my field, pork loin and fried tarters . all on the grill.
then going trap shooting. bought a automatic thrower, setting up in the back, couple of friends are stopping by. got a few cases of birds.
should be a fun evening. the beers by the fire pit with cigars.

This sounds like a northeast meet and greet in the making!

Been drinking beer with the neighbor chick for a couple hours so far gluing her kids favorite Lego monster truck together so he can beat the shit out of it. So far I haven't managed to glue myself to it yet. :lmao:

Been drinking beer with the neighbor chick for a couple hours so far gluing her kids favorite Lego monster truck together so he can beat the shit out of it. So far I haven't managed to glue myself to it yet. :lmao:

Keep the glue away from your hootus.

In, getting ready to burn some dinner on the grill. I was gifted a crashed '07 avalanche by a friend trying to figure out what to do with it.

I'm in , worked a 12 hour shift today and the wifey and my boys went to a friends graduation party , so basically I'm currently unsupervised and left to my own devices.

But I'm old and will probably pass out before I get into any real trouble.:lmao:

In.

Spent the day chasing parts for the spring over on my camper that were supposed to be here last week.

Done with that and cooking elk tenderloins and potatoes for dinner then a cigar on the porch with the pup.

In. Started out the day trying to be productive. Got an unexpected message I knew I'd get at some point. Productivity dropped. Got back to doing shit to keep my mind busy. Fuck today and fuck cancer.

In.
Had pretty decent turnout at my local Cars and Coffee.
Came home and cut the grass after.
We just got back home from Costco run, likely going for a top down cruise soon.

In.

Doc14 dropped off a shit load of pears and apples yesterday, so I've been processing those all day. The house smells like Christmas now and I am drinking Ginger Beer and Bourbon while the pears cook down to pear butter. Waiting for the water bath to boil to seal the jars we already filled.

In. Started out the day trying to be productive. Got an unexpected message I knew I'd get at some point. Productivity dropped. Got back to doing shit to keep my mind busy. Fuck today and fuck cancer.

You have had a rough go lately. Hang in there man

I bought the 2020 model of this. It's a great bike.

https://www.commencalusa.com/meta-ht...in-c2x30728122

Looks like they added a lower climbing gear for 2021. One of my 2 issues. That and the brakes.

Disclaimer: I'm used to downhill brakes on my specialized demo. So in reality the brakes on the meta aren't terrible. They just aren't DH brakes.

Thanks, I'll look into it. I grew up in Fairfax, my friends and their parents rode with a few of the people in the below article.(My parents didnt ride) I rode ALOT when younger, but have never been on a bike with suspension. I'm thinking about just dropping the coin on a 2k bike and not telling the wife:lmao: Apparently there is a blue book for bikes now because you can spend damn near as much as for a car. Crazy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_biking_on_Mount_Tamalpais

Met up with some guys and road the mountain bikes for a bit today, I did just under 5 miles and 800' elevation. Fuck I'm out of shape! The other boys did double what I did, I got dropped after the second switchback:laughing:. Now I'm waiting for everyone else to meet me at the brewery, the walk over was interesting. :eek:

Screenshot_20200808-180048~2.png

In bed. I didn’t get much done today. Went to work on my moms Corvette first thing this morning and she said oh its too hot why dont you wait till it cools off. I said ok, so around November?

I went and fixed my cousins Saturn the mechanic told him it needed a new transmission and come take the car tonthe junkyard. I looked at it an the crack was not a crack I put s new spin on filter on it and it stopped leaking.

Then I went and worked on my Sportsman and put a new needle and seat and rear brake pads on it. Then cruised the Southwest Southwest side and found where the neighbors were hanging out that night then got handed beer so who was I to say no.

Now Im in bed I plan on waking up at about 3 am to go out and work on the crawler while its not so hot.

Top Back Refresh