What's new

Snlc

In, my brother in law wanted me to change the belt, idler and tensioner on his '08 Chrysler Sebring. After pulling the belt it was apparent that the alternator shaft was bent :homer:.
Got the new alternator installed and all is well.
Chicken legs, chili beans and Mexican rice for dinner.

Checking in.

Pup woke me up at a decent hour. We did breakfast, then I started re-packaging the meat I got Friday. After I got the meat in the freezer, I started on re-packaging some long term storage stuff (rice, pasta, dry beans). I lost interest before I got to the pasta, maybe tomorrow before Mrs gets home.

I’m going to run the clippers around my head, then I’m going to do a burger and potato salad for dinner :homer:

Time for rum :grinpimp:

Finished converting the CNC router from parallel port to USB and got all the inputs working. Met with our state representative about some local airport issues, then prepped a pork belly for making burnt ends tomorrow. Now watching Roczen stay out front, I’m sure he’ll let it go before the checkers, and waiting on my son in law to pick up some new axles for the XJ we are putting together.

In for the moment. Whole fucking 3 day weekend mostly blown by the wife voluntolding me for shit. :flipoff:
Now get to get up early and deliver couches to the kids new apartment on my way to the estate sale that I have to babysit since I have an empty trailer going that way.
Thanks babe! :beer:

Congratulations!
Thanks. Her 2 year old bro is her biggest fan. My wife is so type A that their birthdays are two days apart :laughing:

33770C43-758F-4207-9388-923AB1916407.jpeg

Just ordered stuff from here for my Kimber and Beretta, and the wife and daughters Sigs. I think the wife got a belt too. Lot of stuff out of stock.

Will report back with review once we get them all.

In. Took the kids to World of Wheels it was a mad house . It’s like after covid everyone is dying to get out . Every plane I’ve been on is packed to the brim , etc .

Had a little family drama per se . My 86 year old grandma ( my only grandparent for a very long time ) still works “full time “ and has cooked for the same place for 42 years . She is the toughest person man or woman I’ve ever met and where my entire family got their work ethic , stubbornness and strength . We found out recently they were paying her 13 dollars an hour . My Dad came unglued and asked me to step in . 5-10 years ago I probably would have stomped someone for such disrespect but I’m older and wiser and have way too much to lose . Around the time my Dad found out they were still paying her this she was deathly sick and all she cared about was getting back to work because she wasn’t being paid to be off work and disappointing them . My Dad reached out to them with a lengthy letter and let them know how disgusting it was they didn’t give her any sort of paid time off , 13 an hour and treated her like a slave after 42 years ( the kitchen is named after her ) …. Fast forward to tonight … she went in to work this morning before 7 … at 7pm after my Dad went to make sure she was home and feeling okay he came to her place of work … line out the door people waiting for food … she was the only one in the kitchen sweating her ass off … Dad walked into the office and told the owner to do something about it and that he thought they had an understanding and that she was going home . He waited where he couldn’t be seen 20-30 minutes the owner never moved . Dad went back into the office and said I don’t think you fucking understand figure it out because my mother is going home she’s 86 years old and cannot physically do this … owners response was “ she enjoys it “ …. He said it doesn’t matter if she likes it or if she thinks she can do it , it’s going to kill her … he walked into the kitchen and waited behind her for them to take over … not a single person knew how to take orders , fill plates , make change or shut the kitchen down and clean up the grills etc …. He brought her home and asked if she she ate …. She had not ate a single thing all day … was light headed from the lack of food…. He got her food and got her laid down and left but anyways ….. some people are absolute pieces of shit . I hope karma bites them so hard in the ass it isn’t even funny . People fucking suck .

End rant .

Took the family for a walk, took the boy for a ride around the yard in the samurai, got a couple of hours in on the mountain bike, then the rain set in.

Finished up a radiator swap in an LS swapped FJ60, took the boy to the grocery for margarita materials, made fajitas and drank margs

Now watching pulp fiction with my 6 day old daughter.
Congrats!! We are debating on a 4th. There is nothing better!

Got up about 0600 this morning when the boy first started making noise. He played in his crib for a bit then about 0645 it was 'Momma, Dadda! Wake up time!'. So went and got him and let him have his tablet for a while in bed. Then we got up and walked into town and had coffee and snacks, walked all around and back home. Played outside for a while then had some lunch and put him down for a nap. I took a nap too!
Boy got up and we played upstairs for a bit and I thought about going and getting burgers from the food truck at the brewery but then decided against it as I'm going bike riding tomorrow and will be eating out.
Momma went to see a play with a friend and we played around the house and watched YouTube truck videos until bedtime. Having a few beers tonight, and more YouTube. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh