What's new

Snlc

In. I let GF do the Costco / groceries run all by her lonesome, she only forgot one thing so I am a happy guy. I dindunuffin all day except eat and drink and nap a bit, this week has been pretty sleepless for me so I owed myself that. GF did her usual cookin' so now we got a nice spiral ham, baked potatoes, perogies, chicken and rice soup and sushi for the coming week. I don't really feel like any of that though so I'll be making up a pizza here when this beer is done. I figure ham, onion. mushroom and fresh cold tomato should hit the spot.

Finally got around to taking down Christmas lights. Wife and I are having discussions about starting a junk haul away side hustle.. not sure if I want to do that yet or not.
Oddly enough GF and I have been thinking the same only a little bigger, Dump runs, lawn care, snow removal, pressure washing and the like. There are already a couple of outfits doing this but not for Jack and Jill homeowner they only do corporate.

I see a bit of a nightmare with the HR aspect and trying to get paid but once I figure that out I may just jump us in with both feet.

Finally got around to taking down Christmas lights. Wife and I are having discussions about starting a junk haul away side hustle.. not sure if I want to do that yet or not.
I took mine down last weekend, but just got around to putting them away today. Spent lots of time organizing and putting it in totes/ boxes, hanging the wreathes etc so hopefully next year is easier. So many trips up into the garage attic. I need to organize the window frames I mounted the lights to in the back shed, but that may be a warm weather project- as of now they are not bothering anything back in there.

Now about to cook some steaks and drink some adult beverages - well continue drinking adult beverages! :beer: Waiting on a FB Market place dude to get back to me on a trailer I want to buy from him. Never understood the list something and then just not check follow up???

Attachments

• IMG-2020.jpg
    IMG-2020.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG-2019.jpg
    IMG-2019.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 8
Checking in.

Yesterday on my way home from errands I noticed a tree leaning a little more than I remember over the highway. Sure enough, it came down this morning partially blocking the road. I didn’t have anything important to do to the west of the property, so I wasn’t too concerned. Mrs said the HOA people on Facebook were loosing their minds over it :laughing:.

I took my empty propane bottles up to the airport near the HOA for a refill. I mentioned what Santa had said about his propane vendor only doing exchanges. He said the guy was either lazy, or the bottles had the old valves. He told me, “It’s cheaper for you to get them refilled, and I want you to keep coming back to get refills” :laughing:.

After the highway was cleared, we went in to Folsom to look at “Old people friendly” cars. Our folks are hitting the age where they need more medical attention, and we are going to be their transportation for the near future. We’ re looking at cars easy on oldsters with bum knees 😉

Sipping on a rum&coke. Mrs has chili on the stove :smokin:

Tomorrow is Monday.

Oddly enough GF and I have been thinking the same only a little bigger, Dump runs, lawn care, snow removal, pressure washing and the like. There are already a couple of outfits doing this but not for Jack and Jill homeowner they only do corporate.

I see a bit of a nightmare with the HR aspect and trying to get paid but once I figure that out I may just jump us in with both feet.
You will find some YouTube content on people providing this service - some good customers mixed in with scumbags who let them do the work and refuse to pay afterwards (made up reasons)...

After the highway was cleared, we went in to Folsom to look at “Old people friendly” cars. Our folks are hitting the age where they need more medical attention, and we are going to be their transportation for the near future. We’ re looking at cars easy on oldsters with bum knees 😉

Sipping on a rum&coke. Mrs has chili on the stove :smokin:

Tomorrow is Monday.
Minivan /thread

You will find some YouTube content on people providing this service - some good customers mixed in with scumbags who let them do the work and refuse to pay afterwards (made up reasons)...
Yea, I found that content a while ago. I am looking at ways to minimize scumbags and round up the good ones. I've been thinking of a good customer referral thing or some kind of points system to reward the good ones for referring more good ones.

In later than normal, I went to dinner at the local diner, typically they are not open for dinner but once a month they do a themed dinner, tonight's theme was Elvis.
They served 114 dinners which is great. I had the meatloaf wrapped in bacon and fries with coleslaw and it was fantastic.
Now watching the tube, hidden treasure part whatever.....

In.

Dragged home a pallet of concrete blocks to build a new fire pit, and have absolutely zero ambition to unload 'em off my trailer. :laughing:

Pot of gutter runners soup on the stove, thinking I should go start organizing the shop while it cooks. Need to clear a path to get a new workbench moved in, and need to find a permanent home for my press.

Figured out if I move the entire beer supply to the shop fridge, I'm far more motivated to wander out there and actually get shit done.:homer::laughing:

Will be in shortly
Picked up an overtime shift that has half and hour left. When I get home I see myself on the couch with my feet up having several adult tasty beverages watching football.
Got home and am doing all the things I wanted to except my wife bitching about shoveling snow, and our dogs. I'll shovel tomorrow when it's light and my dog pissed in the kitchen instead of outside. The heater is also out but she is afraid I'll blow up if I fuck with it, so blankets and space heaters it is.

Top Back Refresh