What's new

snlc

Nothing like having your kid vomit a milk/food slurry all over you to turn your Friday night up to 11. It’s good I have a iron stomach.

Wheeled into Fordyce a bit with a good group of friends, glad the dam release was delayed. Got a call to go work tomorrow and fuel generators for PGE so they can shut the goddam power off again from tomorrow afternoon until Wednesday.

Assholes.

I got to work at 0300. I made coffee, chatted with a coworker for a little while, then checked the Sportsman's Warehouse website.

By 0345 I had the shotgun I've been looking for on order :smokin:

Now I need to track down a S&W Model 66 for Mrs :grinpimp:

91 square body, tbi 350. If I put the pedal to the boards it will fire and die. Check engine light cant decide if it wants to be on or off and I dont know anyone with an obd1 code reader.

I don't think that the code reader is going to do you any good anyways. I have a book at work to troubleshoot it I can take some pictures and send them to you.
You will need a test light and multimeter to perform some of the tests though.
EDIT: as 45acp said probably the ignition module.

I got to work at 0300. I made coffee, chatted with a coworker for a little while, then checked the Sportsman's Warehouse website.

By 0345 I had the shotgun I've been looking for on order :smokin:

Now I need to track down a S&W Model 66 for Mrs :grinpimp:

You're gonna spend retarded $ on a 66 I bet. All of a sudden S&W revolvers have had a huge jump in prices. A friend of mine just spent a pile of cash on a Model 10 I think it was because he couldn't find a Colt Trooper.

You're gonna spend retarded $ on a 66 I bet. All of a sudden S&W revolvers have had a huge jump in prices. A friend of mine just spent a pile of cash on a Model 10 I think it was because he couldn't find a Colt Trooper.

The Colt Python is back if you want an overpriced wheel gun. :rolleyes:

I don't think that the code reader is going to do you any good anyways. I have a book at work to troubleshoot it I can take some pictures and send them to you.
You will need a test light and multimeter to perform some of the tests though.
EDIT: as 45acp said probably the ignition module.

Checked the coil while listening to geese fly over, tested fine. Figured what the crap let's try her, fired right up. Died after a minute, 3 attempts and it was running fine again. Let it run, moved it, after idling for 20 minutes or so it did what it did 2 weeks ago, idle started to climb and it died, back to no start.

Checked the coil while listening to geese fly over, tested fine. Figured what the crap let's try her, fired right up. Died after a minute, 3 attempts and it was running fine again. Let it run, moved it, after idling for 20 minutes or so it did what it did 2 weeks ago, idle started to climb and it died, back to no start.
Did you Check fuel pressure?
It's probably a distributor related issue though.

Did you Check fuel pressure?
It's probably a distributor related issue though.

Dont have anything to test it, coworker may. Cant remember if I ever change the fuel filter, have to crawl under and check. I know it sat for a while before I bought it 2 years ago. Kept dumping ethanol free in it to dilute the garbage gas. Smells like it's getting fuel when it wont start though. Last time I had problems with a ignition control module I had to take it to the store to be tested.

Half a fullsize can of ether should get her hittin on all 8.

Also, a new ignition module. Unless cranking it, letting it die, figuring out it won't restart, then coming back later to find out it will in fact restart and run perfectly oops now its dead again is the best way to "fix it". :flipoff2:

You're gonna spend retarded $ on a 66 I bet. All of a sudden S&W revolvers have had a huge jump in prices.

I figure I’ll probably spend double what I paid for the shotgun. Mrs can’t cycle any of the semiautos, maybe I’ll see how she handles the shotgun before I drop any money on another revolver

( Mrs really likes the look of the stainless, and wants “Her gun”, I’m not going to argue much :grinpimp: )

Top Back Refresh