What's new

Smudge Pot

Mine's been a big hit at our cold weather wheeling/camping runs. Other than taking up a little too much room in the tow rig, it's pretty awesome.
1673316388608.png

I guess these are the new youtube fad
(1 post and everyone else has to do it)
First one I've seen was next door ?Monday?
Then saw 2 others on a stroll thru the camp...
Eta dunno why I put this here, had the smudge pot thread open...:homer:

20230331_093042.jpg

:lmao: ^^^
Looks like this is supposed to be a smokeless sorta thing I'm told....

:lmao: ^^^
Looks like this is supposed to be a smokeless sorta thing I'm told....
if by smokeless you mean moves the smoke to 6 feet above the fire pit, sure.

will say that the legit solo smokeless fire pits work and are cool, just terribly expensive.

it's neat to see the flames from the secondary air burning the smoke at the top.

Idea time: How well would a smudge pot scale down to a mini size? I want a little tiny one on a piece of rebar, tiki torch style. Fully dumb?

Well I've been enjoying the smudge pot,but it's been a year or two? And the cover has failed. Never put on hot, just went to put back on tonight and it had a big rip and feels fragile now. Anything better out there?
1000020537.jpg

Well I've been enjoying the smudge pot,but it's been a year or two? And the cover has failed. Never put on hot, just went to put back on tonight and it had a big rip and feels fragile now. Anything better out there?
1000020537.jpg
TF is that? OG lid on the OG pot.

1704856730172.png

1000020537.jpg

TF is that? OG lid on the OG pot.

1704856730172.png
Cover. Not lid.

Fabric in the outdoors sucks. Maybe find something vinyl that'll either work, or can be modified?

1000020537.jpg
Joking not joking...
Masking tape on inside and flex seal on the outside.

1000020537.jpg

A customer has a custom cover made by this company, it's holding up well.

The cover helps keep water out of the pot.... I had a couple boil overs due to water getting in even with the lid. Not real fun.

We had our pot boil over this weekend. Pretty sure from water. How much water does it take to boil it over?
If there it water, is there anyway to keep burning it without boiling over, or does it have to be drained?

Top Back Refresh