What's new

Shipping Vehicles

If you do a fly and drive you should pick up my Cincinnati milling machine and drop it at bgaidan's house so he can sell it. :flipoff2:

Someone covering some fuel money for shipping sure would help tilt the scale in the fly & drive direction!

Id think about asking you to make a pkg deal on a trailer, but based on your reputation i should know better than to think about driving a trailer you owned 700 mi. :flipoff2::laughing:

Bumping this- Anyone got central dispatch access or highly familiar with u-ship?

Needing to ship a running driving suburban from ~ Boston to just south of Rocky Mount, NC. its a straight shot just under 700 miles down I 95 door to door.

I have a standing offer from a broker referred by an irate member in this or another thread at $1/mi plus 10% fee, which isnt outrageous, but I want a deal. That's right on the borderline of fly & drive for me, with $50 flights available so looking to get it down 150-200 to make it an easy decision to ship.

I have it listed on U ship and in the first 12 hrs its 2 brokers undercutting eachother $20 at a time from $1.75/mi heading down towards $1/mi.

Cheap is more important to me than good in a transporter- Not on a particularly tight timeframe and don't care much how its treated on the trailer as long as it arrives with major components in tact, so I feel like someone should pack it onto a load for under a buck a mile/ help cover fuel to gtfo of the NE. U ship does show a rate range as low as 390ish from past auctions.

is there a hack where i can pick it up from a central hub type location somewhere within 100 mi or so like say Rocky mount which is half way from Miami to NY, or similar and save a bunch?
That's the issue. It takes 1.5 vehicle spaces to fit.

yeah, but I'm looking for stupid cheap. :grinpimp:

You won't find it cheaper unless someone is desperate for a back haul to pay fuel.

There's no hub for cars that I'm aware of. Then you're paying for fees and such for storage.

You won't find it cheaper unless someone is desperate for a back haul to pay fuel.

There's no hub for cars that I'm aware of. Then you're paying for fees and such for storage.
someone offered me a rate $50 less than your broker who was my low bid, but that's not enough savings for me to justify the risk of going direct to someone speaking broken english.

Port of Baltimore ceasing to exist for a little bit might throw a wrench into things. Or it might help, IDK, haven't thought much about it. :laughing:

someone offered me a rate $50 less than your broker who was my low bid, but that's not enough savings for me to justify the risk of going direct to someone speaking broken english.
well to update this: I spent a week shopping quotes and babysitting a u-ship listing and the above was the best price i got, So i ended up going with the broker TRINDU referred me to who was my first quote, and somehow this guy had it loaded on a 4 car wedge within 12 hrs at the exact price he committed to which is almost exactly $1/mi including his fee. Apparently he found a guy with 1 spot to fill on friday at closing time who wanted to gtfo of the NE for Easter weekend.

It's not landed here for delivery yet but So far, so good; the price was just under $200 lower than any official all-in price offer I got on u-ship ( the $50 cheaper guy was a DM offer who spoke broken english when I got in contact with them and i'm pretty sure was going to bait and switch/upsell me along the way.)

I have learned that transport brokers are shady mofo's and yesterday morning i was alerted by a local broker i called for a quote as a last ditch effort looking for someone trying to get home for easter that that someone had listed my load on central dispatch without any contact/contract from me. I decided it was probably best to get it on a truck before any impact of the baltimore bridge detours are fully realized

Well it made it to me with no issue aside from it showing up at quarter to 11 at night.

I kept waiting for an upcharge/price dispute that never happened. These 2 broken english speaking foreigners and a 4 car wedge hauled a 3/4 ton 8.1 suburban for 85 cents a mile and whatever the broker did to make them accept that was well worth his fee on top of that.
They apparently either dropped it 30 miles past my house somewhere near their business address or it rode 250 miles past me :eek: to pick up 2 high top sprinter vans that i guess they had to pickup before closing time and then back.

Glad it worked out.

Why I recommend Derek. I've dealt with some shady transport guys, but he always made it happen and stayed true to price.

Top Back Refresh