What's new

Shipping Vehicles

I thought we have a hauling forum? Support each other's backs?
Meet & Greet or a fistfight?
Profit..? or be dissatisfied?

At least let's make our  poor drivers more sustainable- :flipoff2:
I’d drive it home if I had a sofa to crash everywhere I went :flipoff2: Be nice to meet some IBBs. Sorta like the guy that just drove his ford to AZ. :smokin:

Why? The pricing is not the issue. The issue is finding a reliable source to complete the transport.
PM your email address, I've got contacts for you.

They're not cheap, but most of their trucks have fancy vehicles inside when they show up.

I saw a Chiron once tucked in there.

Reliable just left the building 1h ago. Not my favorite choice, but they're pretty good.

I ended up going thru Uship. $1870 from NH to Houston TX. I still need to bring it home the 5 hours but at least it’s in Texas now. I was assigned a heavily Russian accented driver and pickup and route communication was pretty poor. But the thing arrived in tact. Thanks to everyone that chipped in. :usa::smokin:

8E31001F-6480-4CFA-99D2-F281D455B0F0.jpeg

Might be able to just hire someone to drive it for a few hundred and a cheap plane ticket home for a lot cheaper.
I've made this offer many times to people.

I'll drive anything, anywhere as long as you're paying my expenses there and back. I pick my route, stay where I want to stay (I'm not talking five star resorts, I just want to go out of my way for good bbq or a national park), and I need a plane ticket home in advance.

And if your shit breaks down and you suddenly become non-responsive about repairs I can't handle, I'll maybe text you the coordinates of where I walked away from it.

I ended up going thru Uship. $1870 from NH to Houston TX. I still need to bring it home the 5 hours but at least it’s in Texas now. I was assigned a heavily Russian accented driver and pickup and route communication was pretty poor. But the thing arrived in tact. Thanks to everyone that chipped in. :usa::smokin:

So, you bought the Blazer you said you were not buying when I asked if you were buying it? 🤔

Fuck ya man, I'm happy for you! :smokin:

I think I covered this in a way:
Usually I get a Russian kid with a 40' low bed gooseneck or a wedge trailer behind a 3500. Something about that setup...

I had a buggy shipped from MO to ID. That driver had a heavy Russian accent. His name was Vlad, I think.

Screen name checks out. Is the the one Grendel built?

I'll play. I have a '76 IH Scout Traveler (5500ish pounds) in CO. Needs to be in northern AZ in about month or so. Not trusting it for a 14hr drive. What's the best way to ship?

TIA

I'll play. I have a '76 IH Scout Traveler (5500ish pounds) in CO. Needs to be in northern AZ in about month or so. Not trusting it for a 14hr drive. What's the best way to ship?

TIA

If I wasn't scrambling with side jobs before vacation I'd haul it for you if you paid for expenses plus hotel/food. I've never been to AZ.

TIA
I'm in CO all the time.

I'll putter around on the back roads taking five days to get it down to Prescott. It'll never get above 45 mph. (Not that it could anyway. :flipoff2: )

And my wife will be so fucking happy to have to drive up the hill from the east valley to come get me and then listen while I tell her the story about me driving farm equipment over Wolf Creek Pass and singing C.W. McCall songs while on the downhill to Pagosa Springs.

I had a buggy shipped from MO to ID. That driver had a heavy Russian accent. His name was Vlad, I think.
They are all Vlad. Or Ivan.

Bought logs from a Vlad. He about punched me when I asked if he was from Russia. "NO, UKRAINE"

Meh, same place.

🤣

They are all Vlad. Or Ivan.

Bought logs from a Vlad. He about punched me when I asked if he was from Russia. "NO, UKRAINE"

Meh, same place.

🤣

Kid named Egor from Ukraine as a driver at auction. I just treat it like Ramathorn, he's from a different lowbrow country every time he fucks up.

"Is that how they do it in Turkey?"

Bumping this- Anyone got central dispatch access or highly familiar with u-ship?

Needing to ship a running driving suburban from ~ Boston to just south of Rocky Mount, NC. its a straight shot just under 700 miles down I 95 door to door.

I have a standing offer from a broker referred by an irate member in this or another thread at $1/mi plus 10% fee, which isnt outrageous, but I want a deal. That's right on the borderline of fly & drive for me, with $50 flights available so looking to get it down 150-200 to make it an easy decision to ship.

I have it listed on U ship and in the first 12 hrs its 2 brokers undercutting eachother $20 at a time from $1.75/mi heading down towards $1/mi.

Cheap is more important to me than good in a transporter- Not on a particularly tight timeframe and don't care much how its treated on the trailer as long as it arrives with major components in tact, so I feel like someone should pack it onto a load for under a buck a mile/ help cover fuel to gtfo of the NE. U ship does show a rate range as low as 390ish from past auctions.

is there a hack where i can pick it up from a central hub type location somewhere within 100 mi or so like say Rocky mount which is half way from Miami to NY, or similar and save a bunch?

Last edited:
If you do a fly and drive you should pick up my Cincinnati milling machine and drop it at bgaidan's house so he can sell it. :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh