What's new
Jul

SE irate July monthly ride - AOP

sadly my plans have been majorly changed. I was supposed to go to Illinois this weekend but now looks like i'm going next. I am out on this ride. I might can make it for the saturday night ride but not 100% it will depend when we get to leave up there.

sadly my plans have been majorly changed. I was supposed to go to Illinois this weekend but now looks like i'm going next. I am out on this ride. I might can make it for the saturday night ride but not 100% it will depend when we get to leave up there.
If you make it back for a night ride, you can "tag in for shenanigans" and I'll "tag out".

Last edited:
night rides are fun though and it helps beat the heat of the day.
Truth. I enjoy night riding, but don't want to go do the "death and death like symptons" trails that usually occur at night. As if I've wheeled much during the daytime in the last 2.5 years anyway.

Night rides are the best.
One day when my shit is back together I'll show up for night rides only lol
Sounds like a mighty good plan!

Truth. I enjoy night riding, but don't want to go do the "death and death like symptons" trails that usually occur at night. As if I've wheeled much during the daytime in the last 2.5 years anyway.

I try to stay off the death trails at night, don't worry about lol

I try to stay off the death trails at night, don't worry about lol
Don't blame ya there one bit!

Story time, on like the second outing in our juggy (now owned by slveryotabuggy), our group went out night riding on the "new side" of AOP. Went up a trail that required some spotting and lots of throttle. Next day, I asked to go take a look at that same trail during the day time. Was informed that "we don't look at that trail during the daytime or we won't run it at night.":shaking:

not wheeling that much in the day means you gotta make up for it everytime you go so why not ride all night

Story time, on like the second outing in our juggy (now owned by slveryotabuggy), our group went out night riding on the "new side" of AOP. Went up a trail that required some spotting and lots of throttle. Next day, I asked to go take a look at that same trail during the day time. Was informed that "we don't look at that trail during the daytime or we won't run it at night.":shaking:

you'd be amazed at what that buggy has done since it came to my house :lmao:

That my policy always.
I've made it up some sketchy shit at night !

Truth be told, I've also been stuck on a pebble and couldn't see that there was a whole trail to go around it :lmao:

That my policy always.
I've made it up some sketchy shit at night !

Truth be told, I've also been stuck on a pebble and couldn't see that there was a whole trail to go around it :lmao:

I mean I did roll on flat ground at night. BUT in my defense Crown Royal was driving at that point cause I sure as shit couldnt see straight. Then one night I was joking with Broady and said we should hit Little Caesars and his drunk ass took off up, got in the first ledge and lost oil pressure. I was like dude i was kidding it's 3 am lets go to camp lmfao.

I mean I did roll on flat ground at night. BUT in my defense Crown Royal was driving at that point cause I sure as shit couldnt see straight. Then one night I was joking with Broady and said we should hit Little Caesars and his drunk ass took off up, got in the first ledge and lost oil pressure. I was like dude i was kidding it's 3 am lets go to camp lmfao.
poor 6.oh wasn't ready

Attached is a map showing the race courses used by Ultra4 in the past. It doesn’t show the trails over on the far right “new side/buggy side” though but I know they’ve dropped down trails like Uncle Steve and the ledges next to Riot Hill.

We ran it one night and took about 35 minutes start to finish. Next day, fastest lap was 17 minutes…

IMG_2565.jpeg

Attached is a highlighted map showing the loop of trails I referenced earlier in this thread plus some corrections.
IMG_2567.jpeg

IMG_2568.jpeg

So apparently Mike Honcho will melt at even the chance of rain so he bailed:flipoff2:. I'm changing my plans a bit, I got stuck at work late tonight and one of the guys I wheel with needs to wrench on his shit after work so we are changing up schedules and planning on meeting at the park around lunch on Friday. So if anyone else is planning on coming, that's the new plan!

Yeah I'm a big pussy. Just too far to drive for us to most likely sit inside. I'm sure the weather will turn and be beautiful now for you guys:flipoff2: We have a credit at the park so will be back later in the year.

1000005755.jpg

So apparently Mike Honcho will melt at even the chance of rain so he bailed:flipoff2:. I'm changing my plans a bit, I got stuck at work late tonight and one of the guys I wheel with needs to wrench on his shit after work so we are changing up schedules and planning on meeting at the park around lunch on Friday. So if anyone else is planning on coming, that's the new plan!
I can relate to being a fair weather wheeler. I get to go so infrequently that wheeling in the rain doesn’t sound all that much fun so will play it by ear a bit.

I’ve also been there enough to watch storms stay on the ridge closest to the park (on the other side of I24) without it ever coming over to the park. However, if the storm is coming down from Manchester, better batton down the hatches cause it’ll be gnarly.

well that sucks. my plans got changed and i'm not going to the land of the liberal this weekend. I just got the ok to go tomorrow. who all is going?

Looking unlikely for me to make this ride ☹️ Little dude woke up this morning with a possible stomach bug, so I'm going to see how things go before deciding one way or the other.

Thanks!! Always!! We basically have the park to ourselves.
According to the AOP FaceSpace group, there was a group of 6ish Toyotas that were supposed to be there sometime this weekend.

How’s the weather so far?

Top Back Refresh