What's new
Jul

SE irate July monthly ride - AOP

Goforth Tire in Kodak, just east of Knoxville.

He shipped mine to me for cheap. I think it was like 100 or 125 for 4 43's and wheels

If you can find someone to get them from knox to cleveland i can get them from cleveland to aop. not sure if that helps.

I went ahead and shipped em, $190. Hoping to have them on for this trip.

I had mine shipped and them stupid fast. If I remember right I ordered on Monday and picked them up at my buddy's loading dock on Wed afternoon. Goforth is quick.

Planning on arriving Thursday morning and leaving Monday. Can't wait!:dustin:
1000005700.jpg

I'll head out there Thursday, may change depending on when others are arriving

Planning on arriving Thursday morning and leaving Monday. Can't wait!:dustin:
1000005700.jpg
Cool deal on both accounts. I’ll be in our buggy (on 39” Reds now not the 42’s) but don’t have to go do buggy stuffs. Will be glad to just be out in the woods for the day.
IMG_5490.jpeg

Its 6hrs roughly from my house to AOP. Trying a new way that takes me around Chattanooga, so hopefully that shaves an hour off my drive:laughing:. There should be a 1st gen 4runner on 37s showing up for at least one day, and an XJ on 37s showing up for maybe a day as well. I'll go wherever and watch you guys get stupid on the buggy side of the park, I believe I can make it to every other hard obstacle in the main part of the park, so I'm good either way. I'm also in the "I'm happy as long as I'm in the woods" camp of wheelers lol

My junk:
PXL_20240419_150654640.jpg

This is a cool loop that I threw together on the fly a few years ago for a mixed group trail ride (tons and 43’s to stock Jeep axles and 35’s). Took about three hours for a group of 12ish and covered the majority of the middle of the park, minus Trail 41.

Didn’t hit anything hard, like on the far left (50’s) or far right and didn’t hit Trail 41 at all (had too many shenanigans there the evening before).

It’s been just over 2 years since my last AOP trip, so no idea the status of these particular trails anymore though.

Not saying these are the “must hit trails” by any means but just showing a cool loop of lots of trails or that with a little planning, loops can be done linking lots of trails together.

Last edited:
GWT is way nastier than 41, BUT there's a bypass for the ugly stuff, but that loop almost mimics what our group usually hits when we do the annual trip there. I'm excited, should be fun no matter what we hit!

GWT is way nastier than 41, BUT there's a bypass for the ugly stuff, but that loop almost mimics what our group usually hits when we do the annual trip there. I'm excited, should be fun no matter what we hit!
I’d heard GWT up the big slab rock was nearly impassable but hadn’t laid eyes on it.

I’m looking forward to it as well regardless of what trails etc, within reason of course. :lmao:

Never been so we will be following you guys around:flipoff2: I would like to see what the park has to offer and definitely would like to hit atleast a couple hard trails, we like to party :grinpimp:

Never been so we will be following you guys around:flipoff2: I would like to see what the park has to offer and definitely would like to hit atleast a couple hard trails, we like to party :grinpimp:
Cool deal all around. The loop I posted and Slander mentioned shows the majority of the main portions of the park.

From there, harder stuff could be dealers choice between the far left side (50’s) which are mostly gnarly rocks, with some steep climbs, or the far right side (“new property”) which has things like Riot Hill, Uncle Steve, Little Ceasars, Creampie, etc.

pvkj454 wanna bring the WOD buggy out to meet some fellow fake internet friends?

Thanks for the invite but July is a rough month for me to do any riding because of things already scheduled. I can't go to the GMP event either. It should be a fun ride though. The new section of the park is my favorite.

Thanks for the invite but July is a rough month for me to do any riding because of things already scheduled. I can't go to the GMP event either. It should be a fun ride though. The new section of the park is my favorite.
Understandable there on July being a tough schedule. That’s usually how it is for us too but somehow had two free weekends in a row at the end of the month.

I’d heard GWT up the big slab rock was nearly impassable but hadn’t laid eyes on it.

I’m looking forward to it as well regardless of what trails etc, within reason of course. :lmao:

i didnt have a problem with it a couple weeks ago.....

if yall need a guide i can show you. Keep in mind 2.0 isnt a access trail anymore though. there's sections of it that are harder than some of the named trails. throw a little water on it and you're in for a rough time especially dropping down it.

if yall need a guide i can show you. Keep in mind 2.0 isnt a access trail anymore though. there's sections of it that are harder than some of the named trails. throw a little water on it and you're in for a rough time especially dropping down it.

More the merrier :grinpimp:

What? Maybe if you take all the bypasses but I'm not so sure. I also hate 41 sooo...

Lee and Bart went up it a few weeks ago. Totally do-able still.
Different rigs man, 41 is fun in my Tacoma, GWT I have to basically bypass or winch most of the fun stuff now.
This was as of last spring, for all I know the rock gardens on 41 could look like it was carpet bombed right now, guess we will find out!

Last edited:
What? Maybe if you take all the bypasses but I'm not so sure. I also hate 41 sooo...

Lee and Bart went up it a few weeks ago. Totally do-able still.
You've always had such great luck with Trail 41 so I can't imagine why you'd hate it :lmao:

Good to know on GWT though.

Different rigs man, 41 is fun in my Tacoma, GWT I have to basically bypass or winch most of the fun stuff now.
This was as of last spring, for all I know the rock gardens on 41 could look like it was carpet bombed right now, guess we will find out!

as a couple weeks ago, 41 has a few challenges now. there's a big tree down across the bypass at the rock garden below the bounty hill so you are forced up the left side. once you get the the area right below the bounty hill it's gotten dug out and i actually got crossed up and ended up somehow facing back down the trail. it was the first night first trail so i just went around it. is it doable, yes; has it gotten harder, also yes.

the storms a month or so ago knocked a lot of trees down at aop. some have been cleared some havent and there's still a bunch of logs and stuff laying around.

Here’s gwt ledge a couple weeks ago. I’m the second one. first one was Josh Ross in his Cajun fab buggy.

as a couple weeks ago, 41 has a few challenges now. there's a big tree down across the bypass at the rock garden below the bounty hill so you are forced up the left side. once you get the the area right below the bounty hill it's gotten dug out and i actually got crossed up and ended up somehow facing back down the trail. it was the first night first trail so i just went around it. is it doable, yes; has it gotten harder, also yes.

the storms a month or so ago knocked a lot of trees down at aop. some have been cleared some havent and there's still a bunch of logs and stuff laying around.

Here’s gwt ledge a couple weeks ago. I’m the second one. first one was Josh Ross in his Cajun fab buggy.

Sweet good info! Should be a good time!!

Is this shaping up to be a guys trip or is anyone bringing their lady friend or kiddos along too?

Riding solo here, obviously bring whomever you want!!

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh