What's new

Scooby doo (heavy on the doo)

Cowboy63b

Rusty garbage hoarder.
Member Number
Loc
Deep East Texas
So, I picked this little jewel up recently, what do the great minds of Irate think….
IMG_1387.jpeg
IMG_1389.jpeg
IMG_1388.jpeg

I love those things. And awesome 80’s brown to boot.
FI and a tc with 4 low… small (1-3”) lift?
31s

They were before their time, the story behind them is really intriguing. Between that and the XJ, AMC got the ball rolling on all the gay shit(unibody/crossover) on the road today.

They were before their time, the story behind them is really intriguing. Between that and the XJ, AMC got the ball rolling on all the gay shit(unibody/crossover) on the road today.
I wanna hear that story. When you have time.

I don’t have any interior pictures yet, but, let’s just say that it wreaks of frugal old man and mouse piss.

Could have been the dog that rode with him all the time. The hair is everywhere!

Needs a stinger up front. And some boggers.

And a shot of NOS to keep the build cheap

Awesome ride man. An eagle is something I might own one of these years, that one looks like a great score.

I need to double check but I'm pretty sure I have one of those wheels sitting around with an old random tire on it. If you're keeping them, you can have it for the cost of shipping if it makes sense price wise.

I wanna hear that story. When you have time.

By all means, dive down that rabbit hole.

Eagle:

XJ:

Majority of 4x4s prior to these where trucks and rugged/utility. AMC gave birth to the whole crossover breed you see today. Most notable about the eagle was car like drive and the 4x4(tcase) development.

They were before their time, the story behind them is really intriguing. .
In a sort of "the tech wasn't quite there yet so they were kind of garbage" way same as those 1970s V-drive AWD vans. :laughing:

I'm sure it's a cool vehicle to have as a conversation piece but not the kind of thing I'd want to put a lot of miles on or wrench on.

Majority of 4x4s prior to these where trucks and rugged/utility. AMC gave birth to the whole crossover breed you see today. Most notable about the eagle was car like drive and the 4x4(tcase) development.
Fanboy revisionist history. :flipoff2:

Crossovers came from the imports poofing up compact cars (CRV, RAV4, Tracker, Sportage, etc. etc).

Ford and Jeep popularizing the midsize SUV with the XJ and 'sploder lead to the death of the minivan in favor of bloated useless garbage like the Journey, Highlander, Pilot, etc.

I bought one for $300 a few months ago. funnily enough it also reeks of mouse piss. Yours looks cleaner though. How many miles?

I want a rust free one to build.

One of these days.

Top Back Refresh