What's new

School me on leaf springs

Member Number
Springs in the tacoma are way past done, and were finished off today:laughing: Never bought anything besides spring packs off craigslist.

Not doing anything special, but want springs that will flex a lil and not ride like ass.

Looks like a 8 leaf setup from deaver is $850. That worth the extra squeeze over the OME or trail gear stuff?

Where does Alcan rate on the list?

I'm a cheap fuck. But this rig gets rode hard, I'll spend the money if its worth it

I turned a set of 8leaf deavers into an S pretty quickly after buying them doing some light wheeling and DD the truck. They also have shit for weight capacity. Chevy 63s FTW. Deavers are a performance spring that's why they are so expensive. I would get OMEs or just do some 63s.

There’s a place called Kansas City Spring that semi local to me but ships around the country. There’s probably one closer to you too, and it’s probably within your Parts network. Spring shops like that can build you whatever you’d like, and it’s typically about the same price as mail order stuff. You might look into going that direction.

I dont date fatties so really only need to haul 500lbs max:flipoff2:

Our local spring guy shut down, or I would be calling him tomorrow

the problem with the stock tacoma leaves is they are inverted from the factory and all the 'lift' spring ride like garbage.

id just toss a stock set in there or going spring under with a set of deaver f67's and 12" shackle if you care about ride quality.

This is just a gocart on 33's....12" shackle?

To take advantage of the 18" of travel of those springs.

63s do seem like the best bang for the buck. Get a 3 or 4 leaf pack and remove to leafs to your liking.

Also, fwiw. I ran 4" all pro leafs with Frenched hangers and shackle mounts on my 4runner that ended up being about 0" of lift. They worked and rode well but were overpriced imo.

Last edited:
This is just a gocart on 33's....12" shackle?

goes on the top

1709532493489.jpeg

mine was too … the truck was perfect in a lot of ways.
1709532554895.jpeg

An alternative to the 63" Chevy springs would be the ford 57" springs from a late 80s/earl 90s F1-Fiddy. They have an offset center pin but dont have the overhang out the rear like a 63" spring would have. Make sure to get the 2.5" wide ones.

I have the OME HD springs with add-a-leaf and the appropriate amount of taco lean. The OME springs didn't differentiate L and R and I wonder if I got them wrong? 200 gallons of water in the tank.

20231020_091350.jpg

I really like my OME expo springs on the doublecab. Thought one was shot so replaced both when Wheeler’s had a massive sale. Turns out I just had a frozen shackle bushing.

They are in the classifieds.. but shipping may kill any savings

My plan is to go deavers when my current 63's quit

But i plan on really dialing in the suspension to match the deaver springs

Top Back Refresh