What's new

Saturday night losers club!!!!1

In

Taking it easy while installing drywall in the cabin. This will be taped and then some sort of T@G installed over it.

Only have one 12 foot sheet left sitting on the flatbed, then it's :beer:

Attachments

• 20220924_145945.jpg
    20220924_145945.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
In. Fucked with my track bar. Realized it’s going to fuck with the wheel wells I customized. Said ‘fuck it’ and walked inside to make myself a sammich. Oldest kid is apparently being an asshole and is on his way home.

Found one of them propane griddles on clearance today so might try cooking up something different tonight. Or going to go back to tractor supply and return some pants. You'd think that if two pairs in the same size fit then the other three pairs would too, but you'd be wrong

In. Last weekend at my hotel and drinking and debating on whether a drive to Colorado for a 70 f250 is worth it. The more I drink the more I lean towards YES
DO EET!!

On that note, I am in, in my jammies already and have no intentions of doing squat tonight. I have busted my hump all day to get the dumpbed transferred over to the new to me 09 F250 ....I R POOPED!

In. Last weekend at my hotel and drinking and debating on whether a drive to Colorado for a 70 f250 is worth it. The more I drink the more I lean towards YES
I ran across a unicorn today: '72 C10 shortbed fleetside 4x4 with straight sheet metal and a divorced NP doubler. I almost offered the guy cash set aside to buy my uncle out of the cabin. I'm kicking myself right now.

In.
Verified that I do indeed have a broken rear window regulator on my XJ. :mad3: The next task for the XJ was to take out the crappy Kicker 5 1/4" rear coax speakers and replace them with some Skar Audio 6.5" mid + 1" tweeter components. I've never used Skar before but they sound a LOT better than what I removed. I still need to replace the 6.5" Kicker coax in the doors with the same Skar setup but I ran out of enthusiasm and will save that for another day which will give me time to figure out where I'm going to mount the tweeters. A-pillar would be my first choice but the roll cage is in the way,

Just going to chill the rest of the evening.

Last edited:
Round 2 of subwoofer refoaming.

Was a little nervous to cut the cone cover off with the utility knives I had on hand, so I swung by the craft store for something more precise and got some cheap brushes to apply the glue.

Cutting went great. Have the voice coil shimmed now, just waiting for the glue to set up to fix the cone side to the foam. Basket side will then be glued in a few hours.
20220924_173526.jpg

Round 2 of subwoofer refoaming.

Was a little nervous to cut the cone cover off with the utility knives I had on hand, so I swung by the craft store for something more precise and got some cheap brushes to apply the glue.

Cutting went great. Have the voice coil shimmed now, just waiting for the glue to set up to fix the cone side to the foam. Basket side will then be glued in a few hours.
20220924_173526.jpg

Seems like more effort than replacing them with a set of new $35-50 speakers

Edit: Just realized you said subwoofer. Nevermind me.

Just came back in from outside with the bow. Had two cubs 10' away from me on the ground. One sized me up then turned and just laid on the log for 15m. That was neat.

NY Sirloin on the grill.

Cleaned the old grease out of a winch today. Pretty sure it was more mud than grease. Really should just get a new fully sealed unit. Gonna go make some box mac and cheese because I can't be bothered to walk 5 minutes to the store. Planning video games or a movie tonight.

In south Florida went grocery shopping couldn’t figure out why there was no water apparently we are on hurricane watch. Here me out south Florida by Lauderdale it is expected to reach Tampa on Thursday…. But yet everyone is running around trying to buy all the water and batteries and toilet paper by the cart load I did find my jarritos and trying to make dinner

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
Contractor did a great job, swept and everything:laughing: Got home a bit ago, just tore out the remnants of two of the last three garden beds that had anything still growing. Wife is doing dishes, then going to pickle the last of the cucumbers and green beans from those beds.

Now drinking a beer with tunes on.

In.
Got up, decided on attending my local cars and coffee. Jumped in the fun car / twisted the key - nothing. Had battery on charger yesterday and drove it for close to 3hrs.

Off to get a new battery, lucky me:). To its credit it has been 7years or more since I bought current battery at Napa.

Scored a decent discount thanks to my friends auto shop biz account. After I picked up my mom, took her for a fall cruise in the mountains, and we ate brunch while outside.

Came home, swapped new battery in. Too hot to wash the car now - perhaps later on.

Now surfing couch and interwebz.

Just took the bronco up to the store with the wife. Had one guy walk past the door to come over and talk to me about it while the wife was inside. Then the lady parked next to me in the Mercedes SUV came out of the store and give me the my panties are wet look and coy smile:laughing:

In
Didn't get anything done in the morning, mouse gnawing on something hard kept waking me up during the night. After breakfast I dozed off woke up about 13:00, mom was worried because the last she had heard I was going out side to work on the walkway and she couldn't see me.
Fixed lunch (hamburger fried inside a small tortilla and frys, almost ruined them with to much garlic salt) went out and smoked a cigar. Waiting to see which Baseball game we watch tonight

In.

Like Santa we finished off the garden and prepped for another round of canning tomorrow or the next day. We have beans, peas and carrots, beets, 100lbs or so of tomatoes and cucumber, oh and enough apples we traded for to put up another 20 quarts or so of apple sauce.:grinpimp:

Did the groceries and Costco run and go to pick up my fresh tuna and oysters, the fuckin' guy either forgot them or sold them to someone else so I made him pay me back in cash which he wasn't very happy about.

Since I got fucked out of my seafood dinner GF made me a homemade pizza and while the oven was hot she cranked out a couple batches of PB cookies too. I guess I'll live.:laughing:

Top Back Refresh