What's new

RZR guys, please step in.

Thumping

Member Number
I'm not real familiar with RZR's but sxs's in general. A friend of mine has a 2012 RZR 800s. The drivers side front tire lays in pretty bad...negative camber. I've looked it over and can't really determine what's causing it. Ball joints are new. Wheel bearings are tight. No obvious damage to the A-arms or mounting points. Bushings seem tight. Shocks are adjusted fairly the same from side to side. I'm just not grasping where the fucked part is at. I've not taking them off but the A-arms seem to be the same length from side to side with a tape measure.

Is this a common issue with the RZRs and is there a fix besides adjustable A-arms?

I thought I'd ask you guys before I really start tearing it apart. Apparently it's been like this ever since he's owned it.

Bad bushings or egged-out mounting holes on the frame tabs?
I've not pulled the A-arms yet but pushing/pulling and lifting, everything seems tight and no movement.

He stopped by a Polaris dealer this morning and they said it was normal for one of the fronts to have negative camber but this is ridiculous. Personally I couldn't live with it. If he wants we'll tear it apart and I'll either weld on new mounts or go with adjustable A-arms....if I can't find worn holes or bushings.

I'll try to snap a pic when I get a chance.

I'd bet you've got an a-arm that's slightly tweaked somewhere or you've got a mount thats eggshaped but torqued past it being an issue.

I'd bet you've got an a-arm that's slightly tweaked somewhere or you've got a mount thats eggshaped but torqued past it being an issue.
That's certainly a possibility. I guess if we tear it down I'll find out. According to some research alot of people have ran into this issue with Polaris claiming it's in spec and just went with adjustable arms.

At least it hasn't burnt....:laughing:

Most of the Polaris stuff comes with a little bit of negative camber from the factory, they claim it's to help with handling on uneven surfaces.

Most of the Polaris stuff comes with a little bit of negative camber from the factory, they claim it's to help with handling on uneven surfaces.
Okay.........that's just odd. I own a Polaris and they have beyond weak ball joints. I installed the super whiz-bang 2 piece stupid high $$$ ones. Granted, I have not blown a ball joint since. Just seems odd that a company would build it into the design. FWIW, my particular model came with the tinfoil upper and lower A arms also. Those got 86'd before they actually incurred damage.

If nothing is moving when you give it the 'ol kick and pull test, I'm guessing a bent A arm, but that is just me. I know very little about golf carts. Everyone in here is more versed, just relaying what I have learned for my machine.

Okay.........that's just odd. I own a Polaris and they have beyond weak ball joints. I installed the super whiz-bang 2 piece stupid high $$$ ones. Granted, I have not blown a ball joint since. Just seems odd that a company would build it into the design. FWIW, my particular model came with the tinfoil upper and lower A arms also. Those got 86'd before they actually incurred damage.

If nothing is moving when you give it the 'ol kick and pull test, I'm guessing a bent A arm, but that is just me. I know very little about golf carts. Everyone in here is more versed, just relaying what I have learned for my machine.
My first thought was someone had changed the upper arm and if it was shorter...like a standard 800 arm...it would pull it in. However it's the same length on the other side and I don't see any visual damage to the arms or mounts.

I'll get a pic tomorrow to show how bad it leans.

If you want my old ones, you can have them. I was just going to pith them in the scrap bin, just haven't done it yet.
Are they for the 800s or standard 800?

He maybe planning on selling it. If he does, well, it'll be someone else's problem. Crossing fingers :laughing:

800's are hot garbage. Granted they don't have enough power to hurt themselves but the engines are inherently flawed. No valve guide seal on the exhaust means they consume oil from new and they only hold 2 quarts so it doesn't take long to ruin one if you don't pay attention.

I've argued with Polaris till I'm blue in the face, but even Ranger's have a little bit. If you run any of them on the pavement, the wear the insides of the tires on the front badly. If you replace the rounded profile tires with flatter truck style ones it improves but they still wear to the inside.

Top Back Refresh