What's new

Russia / Ukraine thread

I think Russia is going full takeover. Harris will be the one who pushes the button and starts WWIII when CIC starts talking about big bird and oscar the grouch at his next real press conference.
Agree.

Russia took Crimea under Obummer's watch.

This is just step 2 in said takeover.

Damn I need to drag out Kearny's book and see if were in the path of fall out if they drop a nuke on ALB!
Check on Springs while you're at it. I've heard numerous times now that we're a target. 15 minutes from Schriever and downwind of everything. Quick and painless.

Check on Springs while you're at it. I've heard numerous times now that we're a target. 15 minutes from Schriever and downwind of everything. Quick and painless.
Back in 87 I moved to Denver, I worked swing shift I had an old tube type short wave radio. When I came home I would turn it on to warm up while I took a shower, and made a cup of herb tea.
One night while tuning through the bands I came upon a European English speaking station reporting that IIRC the Swedes had caught a Russian sub in one of their fiords and were threatening to bomb it is they didn't leave, the Russians were warning if you do we'll attack and of course the US government said if you do we we'll retailiate! :nuke:
What? Nothing on the mainstream news!
So I checked the book the whole front range was a 3rd strike zone, I then looked at my check book to see how far could I run, not far enough! :bawling:

I bet Ukraine regrets joining the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty and giving up all the warheads they inherited when the Soviet Union fractured. :grinpimp:

In any event, this is happening in Europe's backyard. Let them deal with it.

I bet Ukraine regrets joining the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty and giving up all the warheads they inherited when the Soviet Union fractured. :grinpimp:

In any event, this is happening in Europe's backyard. Let them deal with it.
Agree, until it gets outta control and they lob shit at us. I'm concerned the current admin is way over their heads in dealing with putin.

I received my letter stating I was no longer eligible for the selective service during “mail call” while standing in formation. My E-7 Nam Vet platoon sergeant thought it was funny as fuck 😂
My dad got his draft letter while in country... he treied to talk his CO into letting him go to basic because he didnt want to get arrested for not showing up. CO said he’d take care of it. 😂

I have read a little about Russia's point of view. They look at it like a it was lost to a separatist movement years ago and they want it back from the rebels. Is that accruate?

Another thing to remember is turkey has been stepping on Russia’s toes for quite a while now. The Turkish invasion of Syria (to slaughter the Kurds) and the Turkish backed assault to retake that border region in Armenia are two recent events that come to mind.

A nato member is trying to assert its dominance over areas that have historically been under the Russian sphere of influence. Russia can rightfully see that as provocation on the part of nato. There were no condemnations, strongly worded warnings, or sanctions issued by any of nato over these acts of aggression, which clearly means the rest of them approve of turkey’s actions.

So maybe Putin is looking to seize a little more territory from the Ukraine in retaliation for this. Call it a demilitarized safe zone or some shit like that, to protect their people from unwarranted attacks by the evil Ukrainians. But in reality he and everyone involved in nato know that it was his way of pushing back against the incursions into his sphere of influence without engaging in a large scale conflict or directly attack a nato member. Just to let us know he’s still there, and he’s not to be fucked with.
Or; in short,

Russia just simply waited/waits for a Democrat (weak) president to be elected and proceeded with step 2 of reacquiring Ukraine.

Another thing to remember is turkey has been stepping on Russia’s toes for quite a while now. The Turkish invasion of Syria (to slaughter the Kurds) and the Turkish backed assault to retake that border region in Armenia are two recent events that come to mind.
youve been paying attention. Turkey is an issue. Nato doesnt give two fucks. Thats creates a problem.

I think Russia is going full takeover. Harris will be the one who pushes the button and starts WWIII when CIC starts talking about big bird and oscar the grouch at his next real press conference.
lol, no.

Keep drinking the media kool-aid.

A nato member is trying to assert its dominance over areas that have historically been under the Russian sphere of influence. Russia can rightfully see that as provocation on the part of nato. There were no condemnations, strongly worded warnings, or sanctions issued by any of nato over these acts of aggression, which clearly means the rest of them approve of turkey’s actions.

So maybe Putin is looking to seize a little more territory from the Ukraine in retaliation for this. Call it a demilitarized safe zone or some shit like that, to protect their people from unwarranted attacks by the evil Ukrainians. But in reality he and everyone involved in nato know that it was his way of pushing back against the incursions into his sphere of influence without engaging in a large scale conflict or directly attack a nato member. Just to let us know he’s still there, and he’s not to be fucked with.
I highly doubt Putin is stupid enough to take obvious bait. He's flexing just to show that if Ukraine (proxy government) tries anything to provoke that they're ready.

Top Back Refresh