What's new

Rumors of Atlanta police walking off job

Small town whiteyville cops are the top of the asshole heap for cops. Those are the fucking pricks that pull you over for no front plate, going 2mph over or cite you for bullshit ass parking violations. I have never been harassed by cops in shitty cities or "the hood", it's always by pricks in small or yuppie towns in white areas. I'm a pasty white dude btw.

Eh, not the case where I am. I mean, you give them a hard time, ARE YOU DETAINING ME, asking for supervisors, holding your phone in their face, etc sure you may have a rough day. Otherwise, oh, I had no idea the front plate was missing or my apologies for going a bit fast, just lost track of my speed is all and you're on your way just a warning. /shrug

So, if you defend yourself and are otherwise legally justified, you would only be looking at a misd. for violating the concealed carry laws, which isn't that big of a deal and certainly better than dying.

Wish it were so but sadly you are mistaken. Simply "brandishing", a charge which can be made and prosecuted without any proof carries at least 6 months in jail, and a felony rap for life. Be very fucking careful pointing a gun, even showing one on your own property when being threatened in California. Ask me how I know ?

Fuck some people need killing . .. . . (not the OP)

Small town whiteyville cops are the top of the asshole heap for cops. Those are the fucking pricks that pull you over for no front plate, going 2mph over or cite you for bullshit ass parking violations. I have never been harassed by cops in shitty cities or "the hood", it's always by pricks in small or yuppie towns in white areas. I'm a pasty white dude btw.

Same here. That's why I live in a shitty city now.

Wish it were so but sadly you are mistaken. Simply "brandishing", a charge which can be made and prosecuted without any proof carries at least 6 months in jail, and a felony rap for life. Be very fucking careful pointing a gun, even showing one on your own property when being threatened in California. Ask me how I know ?

this is why it would need to be fully justified, no brandishing, but justified discharge in self defense.

this is why it would need to be fully justified, no brandishing, but justified discharge in self defense.

that doesnt make any sense. In other states, if you pull a gun on a person for justified reasons, and you dont pull the trigger because the threat of deadly force you showed neutralized the immediate threat of bodily harm/death they showed towards you, that not brandishing. No where does the law say you have to shoot someone if you pull a gun on them.

if that person stops advancing, is neutralized, and is no longer an immediate threat, how can you be charged with brandishing if you used your rights within the law to stop that threat?

that doesnt make any sense. In other states, if you pull a gun on a person for justified reasons, and you dont pull the trigger because the threat of deadly force you showed neutralized the immediate threat of bodily harm/death they showed towards you, that not brandishing. No where does the law say you have to shoot someone if you pull a gun on them.

if that person stops advancing, is neutralized, and is no longer an immediate threat, how can you be charged with brandishing if you used your rights within the law to stop that threat?

CA is odd, if you aren't pulling the trigger, then there is likely enough space for you to retreat and the BS 'brandishing' claims can fly, depending on where you live.

of course, this is why somebody with legal carry would be more likely to use a firearm as a deterrent. somebody who isn't an outright criminal, because they wouldn't care at all, but does want to carry illegally and not commit other crimes should NOT consider a firearm a deterrent, only a lifesaving measure.

yes, i know there are places in CA that aren't SF or LA and no i'm not actively encouraging people to break the law :rasta:

Ok, how do you know?

I have been with 2 people that were illegally carrying in ca when they got caught. One told the officer that he had it on him and the other was seen inside the door pouch. Both were written tickets and allowed to leave with the firearms properly secured. Both ended up with court dates and small fines but that was it.

One of them works for the county and took it to thier lawer and he said not to worry about it if your not planning on commiting any crimes, that it's just a slap on the wrist.

Ok, how do you know?

I have been with 2 people that were illegally carrying in ca when they got caught. One told the officer that he had it on him and the other was seen inside the door pouch. Both were written tickets and allowed to leave with the firearms properly secured. Both ended up with court dates and small fines but that was it.

One of them works for the county and took it to thier lawer and he said not to worry about it if your not planning on commiting any crimes, that it's just a slap on the wrist.

and they need to figure out how to get their name added to a list for a lawsuit against the state.

to the point of the gizzum, if you are illegally carrying and somebody "sees" they can get spooked, call the police and report that you are brandishing. then it is simply he said/she said and you can lose that nonsense easily.

no front plate is pretty cut and dry... but 2mph over is a bit dick-ish.

We don't get 2 plates in Kansas. Most trucks run the plate on the front as you can't see it when towing. Explaining that to a CHP was fun.

Ok, how do you know?

What you described is vastly different than a brandishing charge. CA is a big place. Placer County, City of Roseville. I had to post the bail for the violater. I know trust me. Shitty deal, sounds so stupid until you cant shell out $50K to sue the fuck out of the police Dept. Where you live may be different obviously. In Roseville CA, like a lot of places in the USA, he who calls in the threat gets the last laugh. Original charge was assault with a deadly weapon, intent to blah blah blah. Reduced to brandishing. Weapon was never pointed at anyone, only threatened as such. If the Po Po get the call, gun pulled, they show up SWAT, amped, with cute black booties and throw people (white people) to the curb, cuffs, have a nice night, ask questions later. Shittty deal. Eye opener for the former Lil Uzi. I have met other Roseville LEO under different circumstances and they are entirely fair and professional. They get gizzy when they hear gun pulled. Dont try it is my advice unless you have to pull the trigger and finish, to save a life. And be ready to take at least a significant fraction of your life to straighten it out. "Hope that helps"

Back to the cops in Atlanta. Any new events ? Riots, shootings, Klan gatherings anything ???

What you described is vastly different than a brandishing charge. CA is a big place. Placer County, City of Roseville. I had to post the bail for the violater. I know trust me. Shitty deal, sounds so stupid until you cant shell out $50K to sue the fuck out of the police Dept. Where you live may be different obviously. In Roseville CA, like a lot of places in the USA, he who calls in the threat gets the last laugh. Original charge was assault with a deadly weapon, intent to blah blah blah. Reduced to brandishing. Weapon was never pointed at anyone, only threatened as such. If the Po Po get the call, gun pulled, they show up SWAT, amped, with cute black booties and throw people (white people) to the curb, cuffs, have a nice night, ask questions later. Shittty deal. Eye opener for the former Lil Uzi. I have met other Roseville LEO under different circumstances and they are entirely fair and professional. They get gizzy when they hear gun pulled. Dont try it is my advice unless you have to pull the trigger and finish, to save a life. And be ready to take at least a significant fraction of your life to straighten it out. "Hope that helps"

Hmm, wonder if one of the SWAT officers was my ex wifes uncle. His sister and sister in law are/were meth addicts and his brother was growing dope at their parents house in placerville when we were married ~15 years ago...he was a roseville SWAT captain at the time I believe.

Tried to PM you. LMAO Stay out of the cell with metal doors amigo. I was furious at the effort the LEO displayed over basically a drunken argument. The law is easily, easily twisted and perverted. I am sure it happens a lot more than I ever imagined and with far deadlier consequences. Cant imagine being negro and on the receiving end of this shit. Fucking sunt or ass at the Station that called this hit in needs to be burned alive and fed to street rodents. Back to Atlanta....

This is the most significant post in this thread.

The idea of relying on the Government to stop this is incorrect, I think Tuck has it wrong.

We should go down there and block their place of business so no one gets in, and start a social media campaign to bankrupt their business. If that campaign is stopped by Social Media, then we blockade Social Media companies and prevent their workers form gettting into their Palo Alto offices.

This could all change overnight. Only 1 in 1000 people that hear about it need show up. No guns, bring your camping supplies, and if we get 1,000 people around the Mortgage and FAcebook campus with no ruckus, the Police can do nothing to stop it.

We should do this, and we are bad if we do not do this.

We are bad. We don't even operate our own Democracy. We don't deserve to win this conflict because we don't even fight.

Trump and the Government will not save us from the Bolsheviks.

This is the most significant post in this thread.

The idea of relying on the Government to stop this is incorrect, I think Tuck has it wrong.

We should go down there and block their place of business so no one gets in, and start a social media campaign to bankrupt their business. If that campaign is stopped by Social Media, then we blockade Social Media companies and prevent their workers form gettting into their Palo Alto offices.

This could all change overnight. Only 1 in 1000 people that hear about it need show up. No guns, bring your camping supplies, and if we get 1,000 people around the Mortgage and FAcebook campus with no ruckus, the Police can do nothing to stop it.

We should do this, and we are bad if we do not do this.

We are bad. We don't even operate our own Democracy. We don't deserve to win this conflict because we don't even fight.

Trump and the Government will not save us from the Bolsheviks.

https://twitter.com/Equity_Prime/sta...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

this should make you feel a little better, is a national company to, so if doing anything morgage related atm double check it is not Equity Prime

Have there been any updates to this?

Unconfirmed but heard from multiple people that the 911 response time was in excess of 5 hours last night. I'm watching a press conference now from the intern police chief. Guess it happened about 5 hours ago.

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...gXGbKLc19XfTP/

saturday
According to police, a 35-year-old man was shot during a drive-by at University Avenue and Pryor Road about 6 p.m. He was conscious at the scene, Atlanta police spokesman Officer Anthony Grant said.

On Friday night, a 24-year-old woman was shot in the leg outside the restaurant after gunfire erupted during an otherwise-peaceful protest.

so, stay away from wendy's

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...D7XYsLxrTCIJI/

“It is factual that over the past few days we’ve seen a higher than average number of officers call in sick, which caused us to shift resources to ensure proper coverage,” Bryant said. He declined to say how many officers have called out, saying it fluctuates by day.”

“The explanation for calling out sick vary, and include officers questioning their training, officers being challenged and attacked and unease about officers seeing their colleagues criminally charged so quickly,” Bryant said. “Neither APD leadership nor the administration is dismissive of these notions. I want each of you to know that we are in this together and we support you.”

Top Back Refresh