What's new

Rumors of Atlanta police walking off job

I cant open carry in CA. Nor can I carry concealed without local LE approval (which usually means it wont be approved due to some "administrative" reason). In CA if I carry anything that is not approved by the pollitbureau and blessed by the state with my name attached to it by serial number, I'm the criminal. If I defend myself, even if I meet all the requirements, I'm in just as much legal trouble as the person I'm defending myself against., even with video proof.

Seems fair, righ?

that dude that killed the federal building guard, wounded another, killed a sheriff and wounded several more did all that in CA with an illegal gun.

point is, the fine for concealed carry in CA, when not in commission of any other crime, is a Misd. of the exact same level as not wearing a mask during the stay at home order. except, it is less obvious.

also, felons don't use holsters, so if somebody accidently sees something and it is in a decent holster, it is unlikely they will assume you are carrying without a permit.

So, if you defend yourself and are otherwise legally justified, you would only be looking at a misd. for violating the concealed carry laws, which isn't that big of a deal and certainly better than dying.

I cant open carry in CA. Nor can I carry concealed without local LE approval (which usually means it wont be approved due to some "administrative" reason). In CA if I carry anything that is not approved by the pollitbureau and blessed by the state with my name attached to it by serial number, I'm the criminal. If I defend myself, even if I meet all the requirements, I'm in just as much legal trouble as the person I'm defending myself against., even with video proof.

Seems fair, righ?

Yeah, but, you can surf and ski in the same day :flipoff2:

that dude that killed the federal building guard, wounded another, killed a sheriff and wounded several more did all that in CA with an illegal gun.

point is, the fine for concealed carry in CA, when not in commission of any other crime, is a Misd. of the exact same level as not wearing a mask during the stay at home order. except, it is less obvious.

also, felons don't use holsters, so if somebody accidently sees something and it is in a decent holster, it is unlikely they will assume you are carrying without a permit.

So, if you defend yourself and are otherwise legally justified, you would only be looking at a misd. for violating the concealed carry laws, which isn't that big of a deal and certainly better than dying.

Sure, you go out and get a "petty" gun crime conviction and see how easy it is to pass the already ridiculously stringent background check (unless you're in Jefferson). I've seen Sheriff's approvals overturned in Kings, Fresno, Kern, and Merced counties without any criminal record to support the decision and these have been pretty red counties in my experience. I grew up with a currently elected sheriff and my CCW wouldn't transfer, even with the "shall issue" ruling. The "boogalo" guy was off the charts for this state, but given the mass and universal PPE restriction??? I feel like they give people two choices: 1) be an actual criminal, 2) accept underground criminality as the only way to defend yourself and/or pray you don't have to.

I've got plenty of rounds, so I hope it becomes a national thing. Norm is right - 30 days with minimal staff would open some eyes in a big hurry

I don't think they can 'minimal staff' because it would be dangerous for the cops. That's already an issue in some areas and why Chicago is a shooting gallery every weekend.

Chicago Mayor declared war on CPD while the riots were still happening for no specified reason. Cops believe she is trying to bait them into some sort of blue flu or work disruption because if they do that she can decertify the union and tear up the existing contract. Word is Chicago cops would be totally screwed if that happened. I wonder if Atlanta cops are caught in a similar situation.

That's very interesting, where have you read this? I think most of this board seems to be in consensus about something needing to be done with Police Unions.

I want the Unions to protect the Cops and provide security for them: it's an important job and they should have no excuse for corruption. But they're too powerful IMO, look at Brailsford.

I think people need to spend some time listening to their local police scanner. I bet lots of minds would change the second they realize how much shit goes on they dont know about because a bunch of good cops do their jobs.

If this keeps up I fear lots of people are going to have a rude awakening and sadly it will be to late.

Even my podunk town is encrypted. I quite bothering to use Broadcastify during happenings because most it seems are nowadays. Chicago being an exception but they still have encrypted tactical channels, just the general Dispatch is in the clear.

Sounds like it would be a good time for.

purge.jpg

I am NO fan of cops, but you are part of the problem.

If you seriously believe the bullshit you are spouting, there are BLM riots everywhere to join.

Riiiight. I absolutely believe police have been running wild for a long time. I believe that the non-lethal stuff that they’ve been given actually encourages their abuse of the citizenry. I believe that they’re trained that everyone they meet is trying to kill them, regardless of the fact that their job is statistically not that dangerous. I believe all of this encourages them to escalate most encounters into a far more stressed situation than it would have been a couple decades ago.

None of this means I want to go hang out with the race baiters and wail about white privilege, while ignoring the fact that the last few victims were scum in every sense of the word.

Let’s not do the media thing of allowing no discussion. My last sentence is enough for them to brand me an unapologetic racist. My statements above that are enough for the right wing to label me Antifa. Let’s allow some gray area in the grayest debate we’ve had in some time.

I want the Unions to protect the Cops and provide security for them:

That's the job of the court system, to hold bad cops accountable. With the existence of state legislated pay structures and work conditions, the only job of the union is to keep bad cops employed. If cops want more money, they should petition the voters of their community.

https://twitter.com/atlpoliceradio/s...83903391666176

See new TweetsConversation

ATL Police Scanner
@atlpoliceradio
Hearing reports of people listening to the Zone 6 scanner hearing that police are being told to remove all personal items from the precinct - can't confirm but we just pulled it up and will keep y'all posted.

@atlpoliceradio
I heard it. Also “grabbing weapons out of the precinct” “wearing antifa garb“ and ”we don’t know where they’re coming from.”

curious how valid these are, but probably.

3leawc.jpg

uh any update on this?? :confused:

I feel like were in some fucked up animal farm knock off movie...… Where the cops are criminals for shooting bad guys! Floyd was a bad deal, but these cops in Atlanta are getting shafted. FUCK.... You don't have to be very smart to know that if you fight with the cops and grab one of their weapons your probably going to find your self with lead poisoning! Fuck that guy and fuck all the cop haters.....

I support the walk offs.... I know it's going to suck for the people that legitimately need help, but fuck... where is this going to end up for the men and women in blue.... life guard policy, you cant save anyone if you need saving!.. If they don't make a stand their going to end up on the streets dealing with real criminals and no way to defend/ protect themselves nor will they be able to do their job... Criminal sympathisers can suck my left nut!

I support the police database, community outreach programs, more involvement from youth/police programs that get kids involved with cops at a young age especially in inner city areas.

That's very interesting, where have you read this? I think most of this board seems to be in consensus about something needing to be done with Police Unions.

I want the Unions to protect the Cops and provide security for them: it's an important job and they should have no excuse for corruption. But they're too powerful IMO, look at Brailsford.

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2020/06/groots-end-game.html

This touches on it but as was posted earlier there is supposed to be something in writing that if cops walk off the job that all pensions would be in jeopardy. Chicago cops have actually bee working without a contract for something like 3 years but are still bound by the expired one., In my youth I was a coin flip from being a chicago cop, many of my friends joined the force. The CPD has been a total mess every which way for over 10 years for many of the same reasons Chicago itself is a clusterfuck. IMO the biggest problem with the chicago police union, the FOP is that their leadership was lame and let the mayor stomp all over them for decades, The Chicago FOP rolled over on their back and sold out their members but the new preisident is the exact opposite, he is a pitbull for cops rights, I just hope he has good legal consul and listens to it.

I’m assuming this is due to the charges against the cop that shot the POS that pointed the taser at him? Is that what you mean by self defense? Because you have zero legal recourse if a cop points a taser at you, and pretty much none if a cop uses it on you. So why is it self defense for him if there’s a threat that he might get tased?

i might be making a big jump to conclusions about what you were referring to on self defense.

Well first it was the second officers taser so we dont know that the officer doing the shooting knew what it was or how many times it had been fired.

All he knew was a very combative individual was fighting with him got away and suddenly turned pointing a gun shaped object at him.

im sure youre some Rambo badass that couldve taken him out with your belt buckle but every cop in America seeing a violent combative shitbag turn and point something gun shaped at them is going to shoot.

Its even taught that way in every academy or use of force training across the country. When your carrying a firearm anytime a shitbag has any kind of weapon that could incapacitate you and allow him to take your gun it becomes a deadly force situation.

Reactions: GMC
Riiiight. I absolutely believe police have been running wild for a long time. I believe that the non-lethal stuff that they’ve been given actually encourages their abuse of the citizenry. I believe that they’re trained that everyone they meet is trying to kill them, regardless of the fact that their job is statistically not that dangerous. I believe all of this encourages them to escalate most encounters into a far more stressed situation than it would have been a couple decades ago.

None of this means I want to go hang out with the race baiters and wail about white privilege, while ignoring the fact that the last few victims were scum in every sense of the word.

Let’s not do the media thing of allowing no discussion. My last sentence is enough for them to brand me an unapologetic racist. My statements above that are enough for the right wing to label me Antifa. Let’s allow some gray area in the grayest debate we’ve had in some time.

You've gotta look at it from the cops side. His job is to deal with the scum of society. That's ALL he generally deals with. When he runs into mr. going5over, his perceptions have been engrained into his interaction.

I firmly believe every police district should put up some money to host events in every neighborhood. Ice crème social, summer grilling, meet and greet, etc. Every officer should be required to attend so many of these events every month or two. They need to interact with the good of society in order to break that cycle. It would go a long way to giving them a better image through their interactions with JohnQPublic.

Last edited:
Not so cut and simple. The DA also took an office, and is making it clear he's out to get cops. Would you stay on the job knowing they're out to get you, and you can not longer do your job right for fear of being on trial for murder and getting tossed under the bus at the first chance?

I don't blame them one bit. Go police a town that appreciates you, or at least lets you keep your basic right of self defense.
The DA is also reportedly in the middle of a close runoff primary election and would probbaly indict his grandmother if it would get him a couple percentage points...

You've gotta look at it from the cops side. His job is to deal with the scum of society. That's ALL he generally deals with. When he runs into mr. going5over, his perceptions have been engrained into his interaction.

I firmly believe every police district should put up some money to host events in every neighborhood. Ice crème social, summer grilling, meet and greet, etc. Every officer should be required to attend so many of these events every month or two. They need to interact with the good of society in order to break that cycle. It would go a long way to giving them a better image through their interactions with JohnQPublic.
Would probbaly help. How many people never see a police officer unless they are going to get a ticket or get arrested?

Aaron Z

You're talking about community policing.... You know, bobbies on the beat, that kinda thing.

That doesn't bring in revenue, so it's not gonna happen.

The DA is also reportedly in the middle of a close runoff primary election and would probbaly indict his grandmother if it would get him a couple percentage points...

Would probbaly help. How many people never see a police officer unless they are going to get a ticket or get arrested?

Aaron Z

I believe the DA is also under investigation for embezzling a couple hundred gra d from his office. Nice chance for him to endear himself to his community and say that its all about retribution for him charging the cop.
Like the police he is trying to hang he should have been removed as soon as the investigation started until hes cleared.

Aaron Z

We use Police for security on the majority of film locations. I try to chat with with them when I can, it seems like less than half are interested in giving you the time of day.

30 days of no cops would certainly sort some shit out in this country. Most of the people wanting to defund police are only breathing because of the police.
Exactly. The main reason I am in favor of (temporarily) defunding the police.

I see cops on a regular basis with my job. All are decent. Not an issue with any of them. I also live in Whiteyville where the biggest crime is parking too far from the curb. :laughing:

Let the shaming begin
https://www.dailywire.com/news/tuck...utm_content=non_insiders&utm_source=housefile

Tucker Carlson: Stepmother Of Police Officer Charged In Rayshard Brooks Shooting Fired From Her Job. Company Releases Statement.

By Daily Wire News

Fox News host Tucker Carlson reported on Thursday evening that the stepmother of Atlanta police officer Garrett Rolfe, the officer who allegedly shot and killed Rayshard Brooks, has been fired from her job at a mortgage company in the area.

“Until today, his stepmother, her name is Melissa Rolfe, was the HR director at a place called Equity Prime Mortgage in Atlanta, Georgia,” Carlson said. “But today, she was let go. She’s no longer in that role, apparently she was fired and her only crime was being officer Rolfe’s stepmother.”

“According to a source familiar with the matter who spoke to this program, Rolfe was promised that her job was safe, but today she was told, ‘We have to terminate our relationship with you,'” Carlson continued. “No other explanation was offered and honestly no other explanation was needed. It was obvious what happened.”

“Rolfe has already been scrubbed from the company’s website, wiped away as the Bolshevik’s did with those who lost favor with Joseph Stalin,” Carlson added. “That will keep happening until lawmakers decided to resist the mob and protect ordinary people from its predations. This is where the country is going, it’s becoming a place where you can be punished for the supposed misdeeds of your relatives. You don’t want to be that country. All of us should put on the breaks immediately.”

Later in the program, Carlson said that the company reached out and claimed that Rolfe was fired for social media posts, but did not elaborate on what the posts were or what they said.

Carlson concluded, “The bottom line is, it seems pretty clear they fired this woman because of who her step son was, and just to restate the obvious, that shouldn’t happen in this country because it’s wrong and people should say it’s wrong, or it will continue to keep happening.”

And so it starts who will they hunt next :mad3:

I see cops on a regular basis with my job. All are decent. Not an issue with any of them. I also live in Whiteyville where the biggest crime is parking too far from the curb. :laughing:

Small town whiteyville cops are the top of the asshole heap for cops. Those are the fucking pricks that pull you over for no front plate, going 2mph over or cite you for bullshit ass parking violations. I have never been harassed by cops in shitty cities or "the hood", it's always by pricks in small or yuppie towns in white areas. I'm a pasty white dude btw.

Small town whiteyville cops are the top of the asshole heap for cops. Those are the fucking pricks that pull you over for no front plate, going 2mph over or cite you for bullshit ass parking violations. I have never been harassed by cops in shitty cities or "the hood", it's always by pricks in small or yuppie towns in white areas. I'm a pasty white dude btw.

no front plate is pretty cut and dry... but 2mph over is a bit dick-ish.

Top Back Refresh