What's new

Rising Corona Numbers Did the US Give Up the Fight?

What pisses me off in the commie bay area is that they are not reporting the number of people recovered. Just shows they are intentionally trying to keep everyone scared.

yep and there only testing people that most likely have it... so 10 people with fevers come in and 9 test positive for covid... cool thanks

how about more available testing if this is truly going to kill us all?

if anything, this has proven how absurd the state and federal anti-mask laws are. oh wait, they were put in place because "racism" :shaking:

very few places are reviewing their anti-mask laws though :homer:

were they overwhelmed in NY? I don't think so. the emergency quick up hospitals weren't used and the emergency medical ship was unused, a 1% rate doesn't count.

edit: the "exercise" did have very real consequence and very real death and destruction attached to it, so no that justification is invalid.

i totally believed NY was overwhelmed until i saw whichever news reel that spliced in footage from an italian ER

now i have -10 faith in what the media is telling me:laughing:

Hang on, let me go door to door and check for you.

I know of six people who are currently or have gotten sick and managed to not have to go to the ICU. One of them probably should have gone but she's stubborn.

You don't just walk up and admit yourself to the ICU, dipshit.

A family member is a doctor at the Berlin Charite hospital. I'll take her word that she isn't in any conspiracy, and believe it when she says: "It was a war zone. Beautifully quiet outside on the streets, but not in the hospital.

My wife and father work in a local 7 hospital system. According to them, it is everything but a war zone. Quite the opposite with low patient volume, extremely low surgical volume, and employees getting LOWed. Been that way for months, surgical volume is increasing now because elective cases have been authorized to resume.

Last edited:
Go back and notice how we were talking about people self-isolating and riding it out at home.

I notice you refer to your friend, who rode it out at home. The friend who should have gone to the ICU but didn't because she was stubborn.

My point, that I am sure you are incapable of comprehending, is that a person cannot go to a hospital and request ICU care as you describe. That decision is not made by the patient.

Are more people sick than the statistics show? 100%. But that is a good thing. That means that it is less deadly than perceived, less of a strain on the healthcare system than predicted, and that we all need to be getting the fuck on with our lives.

Those numbers would be pretty difficult to get. There's a lot of people suffering through it at home and I really doubt they're going to take the time to call up the local hospital to report that they got better.

If they know people got sick, and they know how many died from it, how come they can't tell us how many recovered from it?

If you got it, and didn't die, you've recovered

How about: we just don't know.
That doesn't work in your little head, now does it?

I bet you also believe in God - the end no questions ever asked? Then I understand your longing for answers from things like teachers / schools or governments. You cannot ever accept that nobody knows what is going on. That is why you see CT. You NEED an explaination.
There is no fucking conspiracy here. There wasn't one in 1800whatever the fuck either.

I will agree that a full lockdown with "stay at home" was a stupid choice. They should have let people go outside alone, for sports or fresh air.
I would stand with you and protest.

Then again - the hospitals weren't overwhelmed, except in NY... maybe the plan worked?
Any cloth covering will prevent SOME transmission. And THAT is the entire point of the exercise.

what are your thoughts on the WHO saying that asymptomatic people really can't transfer the disease? Were they lying before or are they lying now?

If they know people got sick, and they know how many died from it, how come they can't tell us how many recovered from it?

Because science people. If you can't confirm, you don't write down the number since creating hard numbers from assumptions is bad.

It's like Schrodinger's cat. Until they know, they both recovered and died :laughing:.

what are your thoughts on the WHO saying that asymptomatic people really can't transfer the disease? Were they lying before or are they lying now?

I heard they walked that statement back shortly after the lady said it. One thing's for sure: flip-flopping like that definitely doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in their statements.

Something my wife is having a hard time understanding... OMG there are new cases!!! Yeah, but are the hospitalization and death numbers going up at the same rate. BUT NEW CASES!!!:laughing:

I heard they walked that statement back shortly after the lady said it. One thing's for sure: flip-flopping like that definitely doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in their statements.

So you're saying I should doubt what they tell us because they themselves have admitted what they've told is is wrong on several occasions? But now I should trust them this time?

I don't believe a damn thing the cdc, who, health dept or the media says. Every damn one of them having proven numerous times in the past few months they are full of shit and will straight up lie to pad the numbers.

They've also proven just how naive and gullible the population is.

Increased testing can lead to increased cases. The real indicator is hospitalizations and those are going up from what I am reading.

Life is back to normal where I live and the number of cases are going up but I haven't seen data on the number of hospitalizations in my community. It's a conscious decision that our leaders have made and there will be consequences. We either ruin the economy or we choose to let more people die that normally would. I can't say which is more important as it's easy to be an armchair quarterback and say, saving lives is the only option, when at the sime time people are losing everything they own due to the shit economy.

I'm glad I'm not in charge of making those decisions and I'm thankful that I can work from home and survive, if needed. Many people don't have that luxury.

what she said was that there were only 4 or 5 studies completed that have shown little risk associated for asymptomatic transfer and that there isn't enough information done yet to be conclusive.

she didn't counter with "there were 4 or 5 studies that said 'low' and 1 or even 10 studies that said 'moderate to high'"

bit of a difference, but the WHO also says travel bans are stupid and so are masks for people not currently showing symptoms, so low to no risk for transfer from asymptomatic persons is well in line with what they have been pitching this whole time.

Increased testing can lead to increased cases. The real indicator is hospitalizations and those are going up from what I am reading.

i can't access from work, but 1point3acres coronavirus page tracks hospitalizations, bed capacity and the like. please pull up their charts and take a look and share with the class, or else i'll do it in several hours.

edit: according to JohnsHopkins numbers, CA is leading the way for driving up national numbers, they have maintained their slow and steady report of growth. about every other state has leveled off, a few have leveled and then risen and leveled, as to be expected.

edit2: shutting down the economy has a real life lost cost measurably far greater than covid loss of life. it was and continues to be, a shit solution.

Last edited:

Those that recovered = those that got sick - those that died :flipoff2:

Hang on, let me go door to door and check for you.

I know of six people who are currently or have gotten sick and managed to not have to go to the ICU. One of them probably should have gone but she's stubborn.

so... you don't know... But it's "a lot."

The media is looking at the stats wrong. They report an increase of covid infections as a bad thing. However, if cases were increasing and deaths are decreasing, then that is the right path to herd immunity. Increased number of cases combined with declining deaths should be heralded.

Keeping the language at least semi clean during the new site sign up, server signup , trial period is what Austin asked for.
If big brothers management gets skeert of our words snow will melt.

But we get to keep:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

The WHO is as influence by politics and funding as it is anything. So they have to tow the right line.

It's unfortunate, but it seems they are not the "experts" that they claim.

The WHO is as influence by politics and funding as it is anything. So they have to tow the right line.

It's unfortunate, but it seems they are not the "experts" that they claim.

And that's why I agree with Trump defunding WHO. WHO is "supposed to be" apolitical and to just provide factual data. If they don't do that, fuck them.

Mine hasn't either. If anything, the commute is nicer. Oh, I need to wear a mask when shopping. Yay big fucking deal.
I do know several people that had it and people that died. A family member is a doctor at the Berlin Charite hospital. I'll take her word that she isn't in any conspiracy, and believe it when she says: "It was a war zone. Beautifully quiet outside on the streets, but not in the hospital.

So you are saying, since you don't know anyone personally - it's just a bad joke. That really doesn't compute. Did you not see NY and ice trucks? Was that just CGI to manipulate everyone?

No, I am saying that this disease has crushed our nation's economy, when its got a .01% death rate. That's the joke part. Those of you that think you're actually doing any good by following the direction of W.H.O or CDC, I hope you're enjoying the government experiment you are participating in.

How do these “hospitalizations” compare to years past? I have an issue with the data because there is no standard of reporting or collecting and it’s been proven the tests aren’t accurate.

No, I am saying that this disease has crushed our nation's economy, when its got a .01% death rate. That's the joke part. Those of you that think you're actually doing any good by following the direction of W.H.O or CDC, I hope you're enjoying the government experiment you are participating in.

The death rate you're using is incorrect. You're basing that on deaths divided by the total population. That is incorrect because you are assuming the entire population has been infected. A more correct calculation would be total deaths vs total infections. In that case, the US has 116,726 deaths from 2,130,569 cases for a "death rate" of 5.47%. That number is likely quite high as a significant amount of people are asymptomatic carriers. We won't have an accurate death rate for at least a few years though. Anyone who claims their numbers are accurate right now are lying. They could be lying out of ignorance or malice. We likely will never know the real number as both sides have politicized this. Kind of like the Iraqi war casualties. :usa:

Top Back Refresh