What's new

Riots tonight? NC edition

Johann

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Triangle area NC
We just got a warning at work to GTFO of Raleigh before the beginning of "Demonstrations" tonight over the Philly knife wielder shooting. All the downtown stores that were smashed the last 3 times we have had trouble are boarding up once again. That combined with the Full moon and Halloween I think it could get messy.

We are all out of Confederate statues downtown. I wonder what will get it this time...

Getting tired of this. Glad I live out in the sticks and not in town.

When someone really gets tired of the shit there will be packages awaiting for them....

Those cops are screwed. They were backing away, he had a knife, they had been there earlier in the week, and according to one article the phone call was for ambulance not cops. Oh and they didn’t have stun guns. What are you so afraid of? Dude has a knife and is walking towards TWO cops. 14 rounds shot at a dude with a knife? Excessive.

Those cops are screwed. They were backing away, he had a knife, they had been there earlier in the week, and according to one article the phone call was for ambulance not cops. Oh and they didn’t have stun guns. What are you so afraid of? Dude has a knife and is walking towards TWO cops. 14 rounds shot at a dude with a knife? Excessive.

eh, shoot him until he stops. two cops should have just wrestled him? they might have ended up with one of them illegal choke holds that way

edit: how many hits with 14 shots?

I mean 14 shots is a bit much, but what would you suggest they do? I wonder why they didnt have tasers.

They had been there several times THAT DAY.

Call 911 for an ambulance and tell the operator there is a mental guy with a knife... guess who they are going to send?

Not only that but even if the ambulance got there first there is no way they will make contact with a knife wielding person without the cops securing the scene/person, first.

It will be very interesting to see how well the efforts to send social workers to deal with these kinds of cases. Hope they give them tasers.

I mean 14 shots is a bit much, but what would you suggest they do? I wonder why they didnt have tasers.

maybe try hand to hand combat since they’re trained for that stuff and there are TWO OF THEM. Maybe wait until the guy is running at them and within 21 feet or whatever the local CCW laws are before they pull a gun out. Maybe listen to their surroundings and the people saying not to shoot and he is on medication. I’m not sure. Never been in their shoes. I just armchair quarterback possible outcomes OTHER than ‘empty the magazine on the guy with the knife.’

eh, shoot him until he stops. two cops should have just wrestled him? they might have ended up with one of them illegal choke holds that way

edit: how many hits with 14 shots?

His father said 10. No mention of him running at them and even if he was they should really be aware of ‘white cop/black kid/election year’ and everything else about ‘cops are bad’ before they pull a trigger. Four times. Each.

Then that just begs the question, why 14 shots instead of 1 clean shot to the head:stirthepot:

Center mass training. I think only a couple of them struck home. That is why he kept coming. And really it probably works out to a half magazine a piece unlike the usual shoot to slide lock. So they are already showing improvement. :grinpimp:

They had been there several times THAT DAY.

Call 911 for an ambulance and tell the operator there is a mental guy with a knife... guess who they are going to send?

Not only that but even if the ambulance got there first there is no way they will make contact with a knife wielding person without the cops securing the scene/person, first.

It will be very interesting to see how well the efforts to send social workers to deal with these kinds of cases. Hope they give them tasers.

Social workers aren’t using tasers or even carrying them. You got a better chance making teachers carry guns.
cops will walk
parents will sue the city and get paid an undisclosed amount
news won’t care about them in two months

maybe try hand to hand combat since they’re trained for that stuff and there are TWO OF THEM. Maybe wait until the guy is running at them and within 21 feet or whatever the local CCW laws are before they pull a gun out. Maybe listen to their surroundings and the people saying not to shoot and he is on medication. I’m not sure. Never been in their shoes. I just armchair quarterback possible outcomes OTHER than ‘empty the magazine on the guy with the knife.’

like point the gun at the guy while backing away and shouting repeatedly "drop the knife"?

cops didn't show up and start shooting right out the gate.

You have clearly not seen the video. He was closing. Was within 21 feet and running at them.

His father said 10. No mention of him running at them and even if he was they should really be aware of ‘white cop/black kid/election year’ and everything else about ‘cops are bad’ before they pull a trigger. Four times. Each.

the "white cop, black guy" is a real phenomenon and is part of why black people are less likely to be killed than white people during cop/people engagements. Also, it leads to hesitancy on the part of the police which is demonstrably dangerous to everybody

I’d pay good money to watch you up against a drugged out crackhead with a knife armed only with a taser. Hint- one of you would die of knife wounds. :homer:

Yeah that's not my job. People are paid to do that. They are called Peace Officers (woops. POLICE officers)

You are saying this precint has been defunded already and that is why they don't have tasers? I'd love to see supporting evidence.

no, they weren't "defunded" this year, they were "never fully funded" previously 🤣
https://www.inquirer.com/news/walter-wallace-taser-philadelphia-ramsey-ross-outlaw-20201029.html

Philadelphia police had launched a plan years ago to equip all patrol officers with Tasers. It never happened.

The answer is simple: The officers who opened fire on Wallace — firing a total of 14 bullets — were not equipped with Tasers.

But they should have been, along with every other patrol officer on the force, according to former Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey.

The process apparently stalled after Ramsey’s departure and fell far short of the original target. Today, about 2,300 Philadelphia officers now carry Tasers, leaving thousands of officers on the street without one.

“They didn’t stick to the four-year plan for whatever reason,” Ramsey said, adding that it might have been due to a lack of funding.

In the aftermath of Wallace’s death, city officials are scrambling to address the Taser shortage, with Council President Darrell Clarke telling reporters Wednesday that Council is prepared to fund the department’s current five-year $14 million plan to equip all officers with Tasers, which are designed to incapacitate someone with electrified barbs.

“If they want to accelerate that plan, then they just simply have to ask for additional revenue,” Clarke said.

Yeah that's not my job. People are paid to do that. They are called Peace Officers (woops. POLICE officers)

well, hopefully we won't have to worry about the police once people realize how quality life can be with defund :)

https://defundthepolice.org/

Abolishing the police doesnot mean the abolishing ofcommunity safety.

(just in case you want to say "defund doesn't mean abolish")

Ridiculous. I was just downtown a day or two ago for the first time in a long time, didn't realize how many businesses were still boarded up and/or closed from the shit that's already happened. Pretty sad state of affairs.

The last few warnings/curfews have seemed overly cautious, maybe this won't be so bad? fingers crossed

Top Back Refresh