What's new

RECORD NUMBER OF FREIGHTERS AWAIT OFF CALIFORNIA COAST

So it's suddenly news???

There has been a backlog of them rotating out there for 8 months. The local news shows a beach shot as their background and the number has been steadily increasing.

The normal view is Zero, but since the panic there has been a standing backlog.

They may be reaching record numbers, but its been a steady increase.
I never said it was sudden news. I’ve heard about it going on this whole year and watched videos from charter captions showing all the freighters anchored for miles.

All the Q people have being running wild with this on social media. Has anyone found map data by date for comparison sale?
if you upgrade to premium it appears you can roll back the date with the playback mode on the left.

I read that in New York container ships are arriving with 800 containers and are only taking as many as 50 empties back.

Ita too much of a headache/work for DOT. Why pull over junk, when you could write several tickets for bullshit on a clean company truck?

It's not about safety, its about revenue.
It's always about revenue. Nothing can get done today without paying out and the amount of hands in the pot is overwhelming.
The amount of shit truck drivers deal with is terrible. Seen a truck driver sitting on the side of the road, 2 miles from his destination parked. He ran out of time and was stuck with the load.

This has been going on for a lot longer than a week, more like a year and a half. Not enough drivers, crane ops, fork ops, etc.. Too many no rent paying, extended unemployment sucking, kid money spending fuckwads, not enough workers.
Yup. It's greatly affected the delivery time on the furniture we ordered. We've been waiting 4 months for some items because there's no one to unload the ships they're on.

American backlog doesn’t have shit on China apparently.

The number of container ships anchored off Shanghai and Ningbo has surged over recent weeks. There are now 242 container ships waiting for berths countrywide.

The number of cargo ships here off of Oakland has been pretty consistent, with about 12 just sitting in the middle of the bay right now.

Meh.

Are there any truckers to move the goods once they hit land?
Not a lot that want to deal with the super**** dock workers. They're the lowest of the low scum sucking lazy fucktards and it doesn't pay enough to deal with them or their fucktarded rules on the dock.

On other news..... I'm a winner. I outdid all my neighbors.
20211001_112513.jpg
I had to write those fuckwits a letter over that bullshit. Fuck off, none of my neighbors are home during the day, they all eat out, and they have tiny little shitboxes. Quit bothering me.

It's always about revenue. Nothing can get done today without paying out and the amount of hands in the pot is overwhelming.
The amount of shit truck drivers deal with is terrible. Seen a truck driver sitting on the side of the road, 2 miles from his destination parked. He ran out of time and was stuck with the load.
I thought American truck drivers had it tough till I watched this guy

This has been going on for a lot longer than a week, more like a year and a half. Not enough drivers, crane ops, fork ops, etc.. Too many no rent paying, extended unemployment sucking, kid money spending fuckwads, not enough workers.
maybe the rich guy that has 3 houses 6 mercedes and a private jet should start paying his employees more than the absolute bare minimum he can(or in this case cant) get away with?

:flipoff2:

i havent met a trucker in years that wasnt either foreign or some young thug that just got out of prison
I wrote a rebuttal to your BS statement, but then realized you were from CA and just maybe all the truck drivers you meet are all foreigner or thugs. So y'll just go along and have another tofu burger and light up another bowl while contemplating your navel
See how it works?

Yes, the amount of shit we deal with is astronomical. But that stupid motherfucker sitting on the side of the road is nothing but a stupid motherfucker. You don't just drive till you run out of clock and pull your brakes wherever. He had several options to make it to his delivery.

I had to write those fuckwits a letter over that bullshit. Fuck off, none of my neighbors are home during the day, they all eat out, and they have tiny little shitboxes. Quit bothering me.
I'm in a mix of houses, mostly 50's tract homes, 1200 Sq', Mine is 115 years old and pretty much original, down to the wavy glass leaky like shit windows and doors. 1700Sq' Wife works out of the house, So home all day, and a 1500Sq' Garage. AC runs more than most, and I'm always doing something in the garage. So I laugh my ass of every time I get this.
upgrading to energy efficiency and still looking original is not in the budget yet.

Thats surprising. They are still handing out CDL's to any swinging dick or labia around here.

Have started to see some real shitboxes on the road, too. Trucks that make our farm semis look mint. Pretty unnerving being by some company steering wheel holder, watching him slam on the brakes, and hearing the brake shoe backing pads on the trailer grinding away on the drum.

I don't know how in the hell these things are passing DOT inspections. I've started staying off the interstates if I'm not in a semi myself.
With pre pass you see a lot of trucks running the coops because 9 out of 10 times no one comes out and chases you.

If you have pre pass + easy pass you'll see it attached to the windshield , I see a lot that do it that don't have it.

Some companies will literally make you run till you’re out of hours, doesn’t mean sit on the shoulder but it sometimes means sitting in a Home Depot parking lot sleeping in a day cab till another driver comes and gets you or an Uber brings you to your hotel. Company just wants one more delivery off the truck

The only drivers that happens to are the ones that are too stupid to stand up for themselves. I had a shady as fuck ex boss I run a truck for. That pig fucker would constantly try to get me to run way over my hours (paper) until I told him no. Then I got him to atleast bribe me with extra cash :laughing:. But once I told him no, Im taking my 10 he knew he couldn't push me around.

Its amazing the amount of drivers who don't know how to do their HOS. They even fuck up elogs somehow.

Top Back Refresh