What's new

Real house slippers?

Wife got me some Uggs shoes from Ross and those were the best made shoes I ever owned. The soles are bald and I still wear them around the house. I need to retread them. :flipoff2:

Flip flops, all the time, all seasons. 90% of the time I'me working in the shop or in the yard I'm in flip flops, the other 10% is when toe danger is imminent like weed whacking, then I run boots. Even shovel paths to the grills in the snow in flip flops. Crocs are for fags.

:lmao:

"Your shoes are ghey!"
"No, YOUR shoes are ghey!"
"I know you are, but what am I!"
"Shut up!"

(I've got some green Crocs. 4x4 is repaired with zipties by my daughter.)

Been using Olukai flip flops because I couldn't find the right slip on shoe/slipper that actually lasts....but last year my wife got me some Sloggers garden clogs and these are now my go-to for this type of use. Made in USA too

For the mailbox/get stuff from the car duty, I use my old worn out boots-before-last. No laces turns them into slip-ons, a little tread left, and tall enough for snow.

And if I forget and wear them in public, I'm just mistaken for homeless, not a Croc-wearer.

Click image for larger version Name:	61A2HJewFXL._AC_UL1500_.jpg Views:	6 Size:	64.5 KB ID:	160759
At camp, the old man had a pair of green rubber boots with removable felt liner. The boots had a hole or something, so he cut them off to make off-road slippers with felt liners cut down to match. Now that the old man is too old to go to camp, we use the shit out of his slipper-boots. Best slippers ever, nearly a fistfight when some other cocksucker took them to go outside.

Last edited:
Olukai are expensive but I live in my sandals anytime I’m wearing shoes that don’t have to be boots and they last several years.

I'll second or third the vote for Olukai. Wearing a pair now. Only downside is that the flip flops are leather and here in Texas my feet sweat... and these damn things get RIPE! I just spray them with some Lysol and set them out on the patio in the sun for a day or two. I cycle through 2 pair at a time. But they are super comfy and they do last, only time I ever get a new pair is the old pair is just too.. well too stinky.

At camp, the old man had a pair of green rubber boots with removable felt liner. The boots had a hole or something, so he cut them off to make off-road slippers with felt liners cut down to match. Now that the old man is too old to go to camp, we use the shit out of his slipper-boots. Best slippers ever, nearly a fistfight when some other cocksucker took them to go outside.

Was gonna post this. Dad made a pair out of leaky hip boots probably 15 years ago, still used daily.

I wear walmart brand camo crocs like every good southerner. :flipoff2: And $1 flip flops from the gas station.

I did recently get a pair of Olukai sandals that my dad "found". :laughing:

Damn they are nice. $70 though.

$70 is cheap. But if I'm not in work boots I'm wearing flip flops or Crocs. Hell I wheel all summer in flip flops. :D

[ATTA5 KB ID:\t160759","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"160759","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH] At camp, the old man had a pair of green rubber boots with removable felt liner. The boots had a hole or something, so he cut them off to make off-road slippers with felt liners cut down to match. Now that the old man is too old to go to camp, we use the shit out of his slipper-boots. Best slippers ever, nearly a fistfight when some other cocksucker took them to go outside.

Are you my brother? My dad did the exact same thing. He's been doing it since the 1970s, his first pair was a ruined pair of Mickey Mouse boots. Then the felt lined muck boots for the next 35 years.

Top Back Refresh