What's new

Real house slippers?

Willc

Drunken Hobbit
Member Number
Loc
NC
Yes it is completely gay. But sometimes I like a quick shoe to slip on to go to the grill or run to the shop. I am poor and have a gravel driveway and tear through the bottom of most of them in a few months.Are there any that have a real sole on them? And if you say crocs I will cut a sunroof in your car and proceed to shit in it.

At the risk of having my new sunroof being shat in, get some Crocs. They're great for everything except wearing in public. Seriously. There's a reason they are continually suggested whenever someone wants some slippers.

I got some Minnetonka sheepskin lined moccasin house slippers that seem like they'll hold up. Still brand new though, waiting for winter to break them in. My old Cabelas ones lasted 4 or 5 years with shoe goo repairs several times.

At the risk of having my new sunroof being shat in, get some Crocs. They're great for everything except wearing in public. Seriously. There's a reason they are continually suggested whenever someone wants some slippers.

I may end up getting a pair for this reason.

I have a decent set of LL Bean slippers, but the fur stuff inside is saturated with foot sweat. Feels so gross when I put them on.

I am anti croc too. My wife bought me a pair last year for Christmas. I dont get it. They arent comfortable at all. They arent warm. They are about the worst footwear ive ever had.

I've always wore Nike or Under Armour slides around the house. They have a real sole and are easy to slip on and off. Plus they don't look too bad with what I'm usually wearing around the house.

Crocs for summer. Can be worn with or without socks depending on weather. 2hi mode obviously. :flipoff2:

20201012_084152.jpg

20201012_084203.jpg

Uggs for winter. :grinpimp:

20201012_084045.jpg

20201012_084054.jpg

Man card violation I am sure but the wife got me Ugs for xmas a few years back, excellant house slippers.

I've been wearing Clark's since the whole pandemic bullshit. The house is all hardwood and tile other than the bedrooms and going barefoot in the house was causing my toes to go numb from pressure on the nerves in the balls of my feet. The Clark's are super comfy. Yeah, I know... first world problems here.

Leather flippy flops in the summer, rubber soled mocs in the winter. My brother bought a pair of Crocs and loves them, I put them on for about half a second and was instantly skeeved. Whatever that material is is just instantly clammy and feels disgusting

Sole brand flip flops. Same arch support as their insoles and last way way longer than reefs or anything else my 300lb ass has stomped flat. Year round thing here in south FL, so others can fill in the cold weather options.

Birkenstocks, colorful toe socks optional, and crocs cause my arch supports fit them.

Last edited:
They aren't cheap but I was anti slipper until I bought a pair of Glerups. Mine have a leather sole but rubber is also available.

Buy thin sheet of rubber and shoo glue. Cut rubber to fit bottom of slipper and glue on. Sipe bottom using thornbird tread design. :smokin:

I have a pair of budweiser flip flops that I got probably 15 years ago from wal-mart that I slip on for walking around the garage and sometimes outside. That's as close as I let any budweiser products get to me unless it's free. :laughing:

I love my fake crocs. Paid 5 bucks for them. Made from a foam like mystery material.

For the record flip flops are the worst foot wear ever invented unless you like:

-the feeling of stuff between your toes
-cool sounds from your shoes smacking your feet as you walk.
-random things from ground like sand, dirt, shit particles that get catapulted off the flippers all over the back of your legs

if you like that stuff flip flops are awesome.

Standard base model Crocs for summer, fleece lined for winter. I hated them until the old lady bought me a pair, thought they were the dumbest things ever.

I’ll leave the Sawzall out for ya. :flipoff2:

I just wear flip flops like a normal man...don't need no damn slipper to run to the garage or grill.

I have Minnetonka moccasins for around the house, sole holds up well and they're warm but the "fur" liner sure holds the foot stink/sweat in.

Top Back Refresh