What's new

Re-purposing axle shafts

I measured out the distance of a traditional bar setup and stood on a platform to make it true height.

Not that I'd know, I'm not 'do you even lifting' you, I'm a fat potato that hasn't deadlifted in literally 25 years.

[486 said:
;n96919]

sent a flatrate of lead to brocko2 on here a while back
I could not get 70lbs in a large flat rate box
hand sorted to get all the steel and zinc out, just clip on wheel weights, packed in there with a sledgehammer, it was like 65lbs

they may as well say "90000lbs weight limit" on those flat rate boxes

Which size flat rate? Hard to believe the large one couldn't make 70 lbs, I sent 2 wheel hubs and 2 caliper brackets in the none flate rate box at the post office. It's the same foot print but taller. 14x14x5.5 vs 14x14x8 iirc. It was like 40 lbs, not lead, and not even that packed.

Edit: because I'm a nerd, I looked it up. 12.25x12.25x6 = a bit over 900 cubic inches. Google says lead is 0.409 lbs per cubic inch. So 368 lbs? :laughing:

Obviously I know that you didn't cast a block of lead the size of a flat rate box, but I don't see how you couldn't hit 70 lbs.

Last edited:
Used a few old fucked up d44 front shafts that spread and spit out the ujoint caps to build my "axle man" gate keeper. He sits down next to the gate at the end of my driveway with a no trespassing, trespassers will be shot sign on him. 2 long side shafts for legs welded to t-post to keep him standing upright, muffler for a body,d44 stub shafts for arms, np233 output shaft for a neck, d44 diff cover for a head and a set of d44 spider gears for eyes.

Which size flat rate? Hard to believe the large one couldn't make 70 lbs, I sent 2 wheel hubs and 2 caliper brackets in the none flate rate box at the post office. It's the same foot print but taller. 14x14x5.5 vs 14x14x8 iirc. It was like 40 lbs, not lead, and not even that packed.

Edit: because I'm a nerd, I looked it up. 12.25x12.25x6 = a bit over 900 cubic inches. Google says lead is 0.409 lbs per cubic inch. So 368 lbs? :laughing:

Obviously I know that you didn't cast a block of lead the size of a flat rate box, but I don't see how you couldn't hit 70 lbs.

Maybe it was a "medium" box... It was like a decade ago now. :\
All I remember is that I thought I was smart figuring out how they thought they were smart with putting an unattainable weight limit on the boxes for marketing reasons. :flipoff2:

[486 said:
;n96919]

sent a flatrate of lead to brocko2 on here a while back
I could not get 70lbs in a large flat rate box
hand sorted to get all the steel and zinc out, just clip on wheel weights, packed in there with a sledgehammer, it was like 65lbs

they may as well say "90000lbs weight limit" on those flat rate boxes

I was selling shackles on the other site 5 for $100 shipped I think. Anyhow there is/was a ton of air space and they all came in within a lb of the limit.

Do you need to send your neighbor a message?

If not send them to me. Have my neighbor of photos yesterday smashing my barricade down from a trail he cut across my property without asking. Going to drive some non-pointed posts in the ground today and weave a fence into them. If that doesn't stop him hanging doll heads on the border is next.

fucking part timer city folk think they own the world.

photo18107.jpg

I've shipped 2 203 gear drives in flatrate (Guam & hawaii) and one is always right at the limit. I think the case and a gear or shaft is like 68lbs.

Top Back Refresh