What's new

Re-purposing axle shafts

[memphis]

Web wheeler
Member Number
What can I do with axle shafts that no longer have a home?

Can't sell the POS D35 ones I have to save my life but I also have a set of 30 spline Dana 60 shafts that are not use-able to anyone because they came out of a 50" WMS Dana 60 full float (Zamboni). I used it has a seal driver yesterday haha! Maybe a hinge pin for a tire carrier? Shaft for an eskimo ice auger?

ExWrench

Random Dude
CAL4
BRC
Member Number
Loc
East Bay, CA
Just stating the obvious:

b2521eddb8e5d42cee8729dde6539a5f.jpg

4x4mechanic

Web Wheeler...
Member Number
Loc
SW Virginia
FWIW I've seen bunches of them used around here as corner pins for surveys. They sure last a lot longer than those cheesy wood stakes with a ribbon tied on them... :laughing:

dnsfailure

WHAT GEAR ARE YOU IN?
Member Number
Loc
Gilroy
I use one to tamp down my yard bin when trimming bushes and such. The lug studs grab the branches pretty good and compact them down into the bin. You can get quite a lot of material in bin if you keep tamping it down. Sometimes I wonder if the weight is too much for the truck to pick up, but it always goes :laughing:

InDaRed2

Member Number
Loc
STL
Use them for dock cable anchors. They use them a bunch at tablerock and bull shoals lake in Missouri and Arkansas.

total newb

senior jerk ass
Member Number
Loc
trinity center ca
Anybody got his address?
How funny/shitty would be if everyone just started mailing him max load flatrate boxes of random iron garbage with no explination? Whats it gona cost? $22 and shit you dont want anyhow. 200 70lb boxes of fucking garbage!!

Ted_Kaczynski

On A Journey
Member Number
Anybody got his address?
How funny/shitty would be if everyone just started mailing him max load flatrate boxes of random iron garbage with no explination? Whats it gona cost? $22 and shit you dont want anyhow. 200 70lb boxes of fucking garbage!!

Hardest I've laughed ALL MONTH:lmao:

Great idea:usa:

78bronco460

Member Number
Drill and rifle them, then ream a chamber in the caliber of choice.

TRINDU

PBB Orphan
Member Number
Loc
Central TX
Anybody got his address?

Just the address to the "farm" , pretty easy to find.

That twat will claim we doxxed him and there will be another banner up top.

husslr187

Red Skull Member
Member Number
put a rim on it and weld channel or two large pieces of angle to it to make a tool stand. I got a bench grinder sitting on one except it’s an AMC 20 shaft

arse_sidewards

Masshole
Member Number
Loc
Worcester County
Save them in a pile for when you need random round stock about that size.

Anybody got his address?

Feel free to mail that shit to my house. I'll chuck it in the scrap pile and it will increase the odds that I can complete any given project with nothing but shit from the pile. :laughing:

[486]

welcome to costco, I love you
Member Number
Loc
pine city MN
Anybody got his address?

sent a flatrate of lead to brocko2 on here a while back
I could not get 70lbs in a large flat rate box
hand sorted to get all the steel and zinc out, just clip on wheel weights, packed in there with a sledgehammer, it was like 65lbs

they may as well say "90000lbs weight limit" on those flat rate boxes

CenCon

Member Number
Send a couple to Lil,yota, he'll figure it out.

OutlawRider

Gum Gardener
Member Number
Loc
Arkansas
Last edited:

evernoob

Reactionary
Member Number
During the COVID crisis and gyms closed, I had to make due with what I had around the shop so I welded some plate to the end of an axle shaft to mount some wheels up to (happened to by humvee headlocks with 42 TSLs) so I could deadlift.

i tried to upload a video but apparently it won’t let you upload MP4s

Is it really deadlifting if it's already 2 feet off the ground?