What's new

Rci wedge fuel cell or jazz?

Jeep speed makes your funds considerably shallower as well. The product below is 1/3 the price and 3” taller without being wider than a dump truck
IMG_7264.jpeg

it all comes down to packaging, i like the packaging of a jeepspeed over all the other off the shelf options. all of the plastic in can are race legal and essentially the same. word of warning is to inspect the inside of the car regularly. they have been known to rust out.

Carbon can doesn't rust.

It's just money :laughing:

The price difference is what’s tempting me to go with an Rci. I never looked into a wedge style I might have to try and make a cardboard template of it and a radiator. The extra height of the Rci is what I’m worried about here’s some pictures of what it’s going in thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_1633.jpeg
    IMG_1633.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1632.jpeg
    IMG_1632.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1634.jpeg
    IMG_1634.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
I also have a LII chassis. it's built for the jeepspeed cell. the rci wedge appears to be too tall and will get in the way of the radiator.

Attachments

• received_1880301005648089.jpeg
    received_1880301005648089.jpeg
    399.9 KB · Views: 19
I also have a LII chassis. it's built for the jeepspeed cell. the rci wedge appears to be too tall and will get in the way of the radiator.
Nice I just picked up this a month ago going to get to putting some parts on it very soon. What size radiator do you have? I might have a few more questions in the future if you don’t mind

I have a 31x19 CBR. feel free to ask any questions.

where are you located?

Attachments

• received_1001433077566907.jpeg
    received_1001433077566907.jpeg
    7.8 MB · Views: 15
I have a 31x19 CBR. feel free to ask any questions.

where are you located?

Did you buy the complete cooling package from LII for that chassis? Before I moved to TX I was gathering parts to build a U4(ish) car and scored a complete fluid cooling setup from sombody that was going to build a LII car and had ordered all the parts through Tim. It came with a 31x19 CBR radiator with 2 coolers built in and a liquid to liquid cooler that I believe was for the oil. Extremely slick setup!

The price difference is what’s tempting me to go with an Rci. I never looked into a wedge style I might have to try and make a cardboard template of it and a radiator. The extra height of the Rci is what I’m worried about here’s some pictures of what it’s going in thanks guys!
PCR chassis FTW
Lee is great to deal with.

Did you buy the complete cooling package from LII for that chassis? Before I moved to TX I was gathering parts to build a U4(ish) car and scored a complete fluid cooling setup from sombody that was going to build a LII car and had ordered all the parts through Tim. It came with a 31x19 CBR radiator with 2 coolers built in and a liquid to liquid cooler that I believe was for the oil. Extremely slick setup!
No just the chassis with 4 link mounts not attached. It seems like that’s about all he sells for the chassis now but i didn’t ask either. I’ve been trying to find the square trans oil to water cooler I saw it on another Lii car it had -16 coolant lines going in and out did you end up building it?

No just the chassis with 4 link mounts not attached. It seems like that’s about all he sells for the chassis now but i didn’t ask either. I’ve been trying to find the square trans oil to water cooler I saw it on another Lii car it had -16 coolant lines going in and out did you end up building it?

I actually sold the whole cooling package, including the heat exchanger to tribal4krawler once I decided I wasn't building a car anymore. I'm not 100% sure he used any of it so maybe he's willing to part ways with the heat exchanger? I'd shoot him a PM and see what he says.

20181105_184713.jpg

20181105_184615.jpg
20181105_184550.jpg

20181105_184629.jpg

I have the same external heat exchanger in mine for the trans, worth every penny and then some.

I have a 31x19 cbr but without the built in oil coolers.

Looks like a shitty version of a marine heat exchanger that probably costs 2x as much because it has AN fittings on it. :flipoff2:

Looks like a shitty version of a marine heat exchanger that probably costs 2x as much because it has AN fittings on it. :flipoff2:

thank you that's the dumbest thing I've read all week. let's see your hand tig welded aluminum dual pass boat heat exchanger

let's see your hand tig welded aluminum dual pass boat heat exchanger
Why would I use such substandard materials when I can used furnace brazed copper? :laughing:

Post links of good marine heat exchangers

Screen Shot 2024-02-09 at 8.02.11 PM.png

I'm fully aware the marine shit is harder to package but it moves more heat.
:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Last edited:
Go package that POS on a buggy
Then I'm sure it's rated for the 300psi a race trans will output.

i bet you could call CBR and tell them what youre building and who you got the chassis from and they made his build package records

I think that’s what I’ll end up doing it seems like it’s a better option to use a heat exchanger vs an air cooled cooler with an extra fan. I’m going to go with the jeepspeed cell after measuring things more the other ones I’m finding are going to be too tall.

Top Back Refresh