What's new

RC plane, just need an airframe

YJLOPES

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I have a horizon Cub that I've wrecked enough that the airframe is smoked. Is there a category to shop for that would just be an airframe, that I could swap my motor, ESC, receiver, and servos over to? I see "Plug and Play" and "Bind and Fly", but I can't find the nomenclature for this. What category am I shopping for. I'd like another STOL type, maybe cub or timber variety. I can't see these parts I have being useless, how do I put them to use?

Pictures?
How is the wing?
You can build whatever you want for the most part. I’m assuming that your motor, esc, and radio are all serviceable.

I don’t know much about the modern generation of small RTFs and park flyers but
When I was flying rc aircraft it was almost all
Kits where the airframe was a box of balsa
The radio had to be purchased separately ect.

I have a horizon Cub that I've wrecked enough that the airframe is smoked. Is there a category to shop for that would just be an airframe, that I could swap my motor, ESC, receiver, and servos over to? I see "Plug and Play" and "Bind and Fly", but I can't find the nomenclature for this. What category am I shopping for. I'd like another STOL type, maybe cub or timber variety. I can't see these parts I have being useless, how do I put them to use?
I don't know exactly which one you have but the one I want has all of the parts available separately.

I don't know exactly which one you have but the one I want has all of the parts available separately.

I have the silver/yellow Carbon cub. I just ordered a fuselage and tail to get it up and running again. I wasn't a huge fan of it but for $80 it'll be flying again. My son broke out his piggy bank and bought an Aero Scout so I'll help him get that going too.

I'm eyeing a Timber of some variety, but that will open a rabbit hole that I'd successfully gotten away from...

got a 3D printer?
you can buy all sorts of files for cheap
I just ordered the parts to get the thing running again. No 3D printer yet, but the kids are making noise about it so we may get one.

My boy opened his wallet and bought an Aero Scout, so we can crash foam airplanes together. Half looking forward to getting back to this time suck.

Inherited a ton of rc stuff including a cub. Think it's all new mostly,just stuck it in dry storage.

Maybe a lazy advertisement…

Whatcha got? Most of my RC decisions are poor and fueled by a beer or 3. I could be talked in to something…
If it’s foam ready-to-fly stuff I may be interested. I’ll give you 3 beers for the RC and a forth to cover shipping :flipoff2:

Never knew what to do with it really. Mostly new in box gas engines.

Top Back Refresh