What's new

RBG walking the plank?

No Supreme Court confirmation is happening in the next 115 days no matter if she lives or dies. It’s a next term issue.

And I don't agree with that.

A sitting POTUS makes the nomination, it shouldn't matter if it's day one or day 1459. Think about it, if the GOP hadn't pulled that stunt when BHO was in office, they could have just denied confirmation until someone they felt suitable was nominated, shouldn't make a bit of difference how far into the term. Same with the impeachment of Clinton over lying about adultery, which I would be willing to bet more than a few congressmen were guilty of as well. Then the GOP howls when they went for impeachment of trump. This is schoolyard politics at it's finest.

And I don't agree with that.

A sitting POTUS makes the nomination, it shouldn't matter if it's day one or day 1459. Think about it, if the GOP hadn't pulled that stunt when BHO was in office, they could have just denied confirmation until someone they felt suitable was nominated, shouldn't make a bit of difference how far into the term. Same with the impeachment of Clinton over lying about adultery, which I would be willing to bet more than a few congressmen were guilty of as well. Then the GOP howls when they went for impeachment of trump. This is schoolyard politics at it's finest.

Does it ever end? do we ever work together again? can we?

i hope not, i hope she holds on and comes out of this fine and then steps aside next year.

another justice fight in the senate is the last thing we need right now and i highly doubt trump will kick back and say "i won't make a suggestion until after the election, i already have my list prepared"

I'm sure Trump already has his list and I'm sure he's had everyone on that list investigated "six ways from Sunday" so the Ds have nothing of substance to whine about.

I'm sure Trump already has his list and I'm sure he's had everyone on that list investigated "six ways from Sunday" so the Ds have nothing of substance to whine about.

its a(nother) funny thing about biden, trumps list is well established, biden won't even discuss it :laughing:

i hope not, i hope she holds on and comes out of this fine and then steps aside next year.

another justice fight in the senate is the last thing we need right now and i highly doubt trump will kick back and say "i won't make a suggestion until after the election, i already have my list prepared"

That ship sailed. I guarantee Trump has candidates lined up and the Senate will act immediately. The next SCJ is far more important than the next President.

Ima smack you, I worked in special effects in hollyweird so yes I know that meaning of it.

wonder how many others here on IBB work/worked on movies? I worked on movies and commercials for about 15 years, lighting and comp VFX work. Still do VFX, but not for movies anymore.

wonder how many others here on IBB work/worked on movies? I worked on movies and commercials for about 15 years, lighting and comp VFX work. Still do VFX, but not for movies anymore.

:flipoff2:

2010-12-5 R&R Marathon (18).jpg

I just got tired of it.

Lots of coin here for a few months and then a few months and nothing.

Wasnt a union member either so jobs had no protection.

Did meet some fine (looking) women and had fun in many ways with them.

Lots and lots of interesting parties via hollyweird peeps and job connections.

Put on shows for lots of people in LA, took drunk celebs home etc.

I worked on one movie while in college. Holy fawk what a shit show of self absorbed douches bags talking about the latest issue of "modern cinematography". I walked, they begged me to come back to continue to pick up the slack of the dumbass intern. I declined.

I'm more of a director:flipoff2:

I worked on one movie while in college. Holy fawk what a shit show of self absorbed douches bags talking about the latest issue of "modern cinematography". I walked, they begged me to come back to continue to pick up the slack of the dumbass intern. I declined.

I'm more of a director:flipoff2:

I've done a lot more TV than movies, but one time I got a call to do a commercial shoot up in Ojai, and it was cold and foggy when the director started ordering everyone into place the IATSE BA on site said, "Where's the coffee and donuts?", and the director said we didn't have time for that, the BA informed him, "No coffee. No donuts. No commercial." We had coffee and donuts 20 minutes later. :laughing:

ok explain to me how that works.

how does that work? You gotta get through confirmation and that’s not a given.

And I don’t care who Trump nominates, they aren’t getting through the process without serious hearings.

120 days is doable if there wasn’t a motivation to stop it.

but let’s look at Kavanaugh. Kennedy resigned end of June, and didn’t get confirmed until October. That was over 90 days. And if you don’t think with an election, Covid stupidity, etc. they won’t stretch it ?

Hell, they will waste 90 days on the first nominee and won’t confirm him forcing a second candidate and the process to start over.

Awww poor snowflake. can't handle someone who disagrees with him. you gona call yourself more of a man too? Can't even have his party keep their word. I thought that was a big part of being a man.

All this from a little bitch that hides behind a different user name because he was obviously a joke at the other place.

How bout you be a man and post up your old screen name. Your the little snowflake..... Bitch.

:flipoff2:

I've done a lot more TV than movies, but one time I got a call to do a commercial shoot up in Ojai, and it was cold and foggy when the director started ordering everyone into place the IATSE BA on site said, "Where's the coffee and donuts?", and the director said we didn't have time for that, the BA informed him, "No coffee. No donuts. No commercial." We had coffee and donuts 20 minutes later. :laughing:

This was being filmed not far from Lucas' ranch. Craft services where off the charts and the only good part of the experience for me. I could easily do the work, and outperform their expectations with little effort. Part of me regrets not sticking it out and seeing what could have come of it. They throw STUPID money at dumb shit.

This was being filmed not far from Lucas' ranch. Craft services where off the charts and the only good part of the experience for me. I could easily do the work, and outperform their expectations with little effort. Part of me regrets not sticking it out and seeing what could have come of it. They throw STUPID money at dumb shit.

When I lived in Sac in the 80's a lady I worked with was married to a guy that worked at Skywalker Ranch. Talk about a dream gig.

If it happens, Trump oughta nominate Kubalal Harris and let the Senate vote her down. Then put up Amy Barret Cohen after re-election on January 20th.

Or nominate Hillary Clinton and watch heads explode. Turn the troll job up to 11.

So you are saying our President planed ahead? Or, am I reading that wrong?

Top Back Refresh