What's new

Random stuff you made.

Headlight dimmer switch plug.
20211222_080759.jpg
20211222_080810.jpg

made a welder cart to hold my stick welder and MIG, i made this 3 years ago from scrap shelving bits, the awful yellow white colored shit. hhaah looking back i would use bigger casters, and still may do that, its awesome because now i can move two welders out of the way with just one cart.
20181219_175745.jpg
20181219_175745.jpg
20181219_175750.jpg
20181219_175805.jpg
20181219_175807.jpg

Always time to learn a new skill set. I designed a retrofit circuit to install a servo coolant system on my fadal. The vendor wonder if I could design up a board to make it easier for other people. Interesting to design a board from scratch with Eagle software. Might be worth a few dollars in future sales for me. I build the boards and sell to the vendor. Covered up my name.

Im far from a electrical engineer. Give me something mechanical instead.

1640286736154.png

1640286861853.png

1640286979966.png

Always time to learn a new skill set. I designed a retrofit circuit to install a servo coolant system on my fadal. The vendor wonder if I could design up a board to make it easier for other people. Interesting to design a board from scratch with Eagle software. Might be worth a few dollars in future sales for me. I build the boards and sell to the vendor. Covered up my name.

Im far from a electrical engineer. Give me something mechanical instead.
none of your traces are routed to look like a penis
1/10

none of your traces are routed to look like a penis
1/10

If it was just my mill but not sure how his customers would respond to that. I have 19 other boards to build.

He lost Me at Fadal.

Each their own. I bought it for 6k and has made about 20-30k on the side over the last 3 years. More of a tool to entertain me after work.

I love this thread and I'm always amazed at some of the things you guys come up with...especially electronic things as when it comes to wiring, I can put a wire nut on two wires :laughing:

20210410_193831.jpg
20210410_203603.jpg
20210416_191946.jpg
20210408_222853.jpg
20210414_143701.jpg
20210414_160425.jpg

Made a lighting system/control box for the corn planter.

Looks like a damn ufo at night.
that is pretty damn slick. does mounting those light bars vertically throw the light pattern off or does it really matter for what you are doing with it?

I've made 4 of the 1 inch ring puzzles so far this year, and I've totally bought out my town of brass rings. Hobby store had some smaller rings, so I made myself a keychain sized version. Annealed a 1/2 inch copper pipe and flattened. Used .050 safety wire to hold the rings.

Not happy with the wire insert, it looks sloppy. I'll remake one with a longer handle to be a bit more comfortable.

Fucking obsessing over these things. I'm gonna end up with carpal tunnel. :laughing:

PC243548.JPG

The girlfriend really likes little knickknacky stuff so I banged together a ring box for her. 16 ounce copper with locked corners. Usually I work to the eighth inch so doing something precise like this was a nice change of pace. Fuck polishing though, that took longer than making the thing

IMG_20211224_094248.jpg
IMG_20211224_094342.jpg

IMG_20211224_094414.jpg

that is pretty damn slick. does mounting those light bars vertically throw the light pattern off or does it really matter for what you are doing with it?
Thanks.
Works fine for what we do.
We no-till and we plant until 2 to 3 am after dew settles, so trash and plant matter can build up in front of the planting units since the dew makes the plant matter on the ground thought and hard to cut through.
The lights help see if thats happening. Theres also wing tip lights on each side of the planter to help with going around the outside edge of the field and not smack a tree or electric pole, those are controlled by the two sideways black switches. And loading lights up by the seed tanks.
Theres cameras all over the damn thing, too. And it needs rear facing lights for backing up into corners and not getting into trees.

So the control box i made is now useless as it needs 2 more functions and there's no room for additional relays or switches :homer:

I was pretty proud of myself when I made it. Plugs into the power strip that JD tractors have in the cab and uses weatherpack connectors on all the harnesses. All the electric harnesses were soldered, heatshrunk, and put in split wire loom. It looks factory and has a lot of time in it.
Farm fabricobbling shit like that is one of my favorite things to do. Also made a pretty slick gague holder for our anhydrous bar.

20210614_181637.jpg

Bob Ross came by while I was sleeping and painted a damn dick on it, though.

20210614_002631.jpg

So the control box i made is now useless as it needs 2 more functions and there's no room for additional relays or switches :homer:
You can buy pre-made project boxes in just about any size that are perfect for what you're doing. Hard to justify the time it takes to make one from scratch.

Would a quick disconnect air hose fitting work ?
Possibly, but these were cheaper than milton air hose fittings and easier to clean.
I'm not sure how the rubber seals in air hose fittings would hold up to brake fluid either.

Possibly, but these were cheaper than milton air hose fittings and easier to clean.
I'm not sure how the rubber seals in air hose fittings would hold up to brake fluid either.
brake fluid is the nasty shit that it is because it doesn't affect rubber shit as much as a more normal petroleum oil
a holdover from back when you pretty much only had natural rubber to make brake hoses outta

brake fluid is the nasty shit that it is because it doesn't affect rubber shit as much as a more normal petroleum oil
a holdover from back when you pretty much only had natural rubber to make brake hoses outta
Hmmm. It ate the clear rubber hose that came on the power brake booster, but so far the fuel line I replaced it with is doing fine.

Hmmm. It ate the clear rubber hose that came on the power brake booster, but so far the fuel line I replaced it with is doing fine.
the clear stuff is generally just cheap vinyl all kinds of oils will make that shit stiff and brittle in a few months

my mityvac one has a milky clearish hose on it and that's still flexible
wonder if it's like 'tygon' or something

Thanks.
Works fine for what we do.
We no-till and we plant until 2 to 3 am after dew settles, so trash and plant matter can build up in front of the planting units since the dew makes the plant matter on the ground thought and hard to cut through.
The lights help see if thats happening. Theres also wing tip lights on each side of the planter to help with going around the outside edge of the field and not smack a tree or electric pole, those are controlled by the two sideways black switches. And loading lights up by the seed tanks.
Theres cameras all over the damn thing, too. And it needs rear facing lights for backing up into corners and not getting into trees.
I figured that was what its for.

I was pretty proud of myself when I made it. Plugs into the power strip that JD tractors have in the cab and uses weatherpack connectors on all the harnesses. All the electric harnesses were soldered, heatshrunk, and put in split wire loom. It looks factory and has a lot of time in it.
Farm fabricobbling shit like that is one of my favorite things to do. Also made a pretty slick gague holder for our anhydrous bar.

20210614_181637.jpg
Weird seeing Ammonia gauges with just pressures and not the accompanying temperatures.
I suppose that is the difference between knifing it into the ground and trying to keep it in the pipes.

Aaron Z

Last edited:
I figured that was what its for.

Weird seeing Ammonia gauges with just pressures and not the accompanying temperatures.
I suppose that is the difference between knifing it into the ground and trying to keep it in the pipes.

Aaron Z
I'm still learning all the "farming" shit.
I just get told a general idea of what they want and I build it or make it happen. :homer:

Top Back Refresh