What's new

Quality go cart for little kid?

Best I've came up with so far is starting with one of these, ditch the dump bed and build a solid roll cage and nice seat and have a mini tracked skidsteer tank thing. 2 levers like the old Bobcats to drive it.

Fuck that is pretty awesome as is, making it a go cart would be even more awesome.

Maybe add a dozer blade or loader bucket so he can be helpful :laughing:

We bought our son a Trailmaster Mid XRX/R when he turned 8. It has been very good. They make a Mini size too which is what you would need.

https://gokartsusa.com/TrailMaster-M...s-Go-Kart.aspx

trailmasterminixrx_rplus24.png - Click image for larger version Name:	trailmasterminixrx_rplus24.png Views:	0 Size:	258.1 KB ID:	343329

Last edited:
Late to the party.

I noticed you skipped over the part where he likes to crash things. I'm not worried about my sidekick but am concerned about my house, the wife's car, the deer, the barn, and all the other random stuff around.

inflatable-hamster-ball.jpg

:flipoff2:

We're probably going to end up doing the ATV thing. Just don't rush it. My cousin pushes his kids into a lot of things, and they're constantly getting hurt. Not every kid needs to be clearing 60' gaps and doing backflips.

Yerf dog go karts are pretty solid and are meant for kids but adults fit too. Parts are easily sourced too since it's not some wacked out one off chinesium.

I got accused of that sunday when I let him drive the tractor back to the house by himself. Put it in low and told him to shut it off when he got back. The wife was not amused when I said "hes 2 years old, how old should he have to be?"

I didnt get any shit for it when mine was 4 so maybe thats the age? Hell if I know. :flipoff2:

I picked up an Old Carters 2 seater last year. It was a basket case, but Im going to toss a Predator 212 on it and give it a refresh. I think I paid $180 bucks for it.

We had a couple Yerf Dog carts 20ish years ago and I remember them being simple but damn tough. We beat the everloving shit out of them and they kept on chugging.

I have no idea what's good now but I'm really curious to see how this goes. That Trailmaster Mini that DannyK posted looks badass and the speed governor is definitely needed for the 163 freaking CC engine. Don't want the kiddo running that into a barn at full speed. :laughing:

I had a Manco Dingo single seat when I was a kid, 6.5hp Tecumseh, 22ish inch knobby tires on the back, fucker went anywhere you pointed it and had a roll cage. IIRC my dad was able to flip the pedals around to make it easier for me to reach em but I was 6 or 7 when I got it, not 3.

I had a Manco Dingo single seat when I was a kid, 6.5hp Tecumseh, 22ish inch knobby tires on the back, fucker went anywhere you pointed it and had a roll cage. IIRC my dad was able to flip the pedals around to make it easier for me to reach em but I was 6 or 7 when I got it, not 3.

That's what wood blocks are for, making the pedals within reach.

Two Khana drift karts came up forsale on cl. They are expensive for what they are but are tons of fun on the blacktop in the back yard. It’s a very good setup for teaching the kids some high performance driving skill. They drive like race cars.

93D62C20-4512-4E6C-AE3D-1E261BD5D719.jpeg

Top Back Refresh