What's new

Quality go cart for little kid?

2big bronco

Og irate
Member Number
Loc
Prunedale ca
Do they exist? Kid is turning 3 in a couple months and want to get him something cool. He can ride his quad, atc, and motorcycle fine without training wheels and has been saying he wants to ride the neighbors go cart.... but it's a full size, and hes a small 2 almost 3 year old

Best I've came up with so far is starting with one of these, ditch the dump bed and build a solid roll cage and nice seat and have a mini tracked skidsteer tank thing. 2 levers like the old Bobcats to drive it.

Screenshot_20210108-175214_Gallery.jpg

Good luck finding something that small. Quality is a whole other issue. There are plenty of aftermarket parts to replace the cheap junk

I have CR125 shifter on a 2008 CRG chassis prepped by Swedetech for sale. I'm sure he'll grow into it. Full mychron3, champion radiator, 2 spare fronts & rears, quick adjust brake biasing, rolling stand, and tons of spares.

Don't you have like 9 samurais on your property? Why are you even asking this question?

He drives the sidekick around. Can start, shift, and steer but no peddles. He also likes to purposely crash into things so a lightweight go cart with a full cage sounds much safer for everything he isnt driving.

I noticed you skipped over the part where he likes to crash things. I'm not worried about my sidekick but am concerned about my house, the wife's car, the deer, the barn, and all the other random stuff around.

Okay, hold on while I do another google imge search for something that has all of that in it too.

"Midgets driving a samurai" didn't come up with anything

Dunno, Neighbor just bought a new china cart for his kid and I helped him assemble it. It's light years better than what I had as a kid as far as quality. Honda clone that starts first pull, suspension, clutch that actually works, real brakes. People nostalgically forget how crap the old carts really were.

He drives the sidekick around. Can start, shift, and steer but no peddles. He also likes to purposely crash into things so a lightweight go cart with a full cage sounds much safer for everything he isnt driving.

8c046d286f126a4035c135daffab3a6a.jpg

Sorry 2bb....I'm bored as fuck tonight in this home quarantine. I'll quit shitting up the thread

I have CR125 shifter on a 2008 CRG chassis prepped by Swedetech for sale. I'm sure he'll grow into it. Full mychron3, champion radiator, 2 spare fronts & rears, quick adjust brake biasing, rolling stand, and tons of spares.

Pics of said hotrod?

Best I've came up with so far is starting with one of these, ditch the dump bed and build a solid roll cage and nice seat and have a mini tracked skidsteer tank thing. 2 levers like the old Bobcats to drive it.

do that!

What fawk you trying to , get the kid killed? You did read he is only a 3 year old...:rolleyes:

What fawk you trying to , get the kid killed? You did read he is only a 3 year old...:rolleyes:

I got accused of that sunday when I let him drive the tractor back to the house by himself. Put it in low and told him to shut it off when he got back. The wife was not amused when I said "hes 2 years old, how old should he have to be?"

If you really want a gokart not to be confused with a go Cart, then google Top Kart kid kart , average going price for decent used one is $1000 to $1500 ish ready to go , we start them racing at 4 yrs old and they go about 35 ish mph...
TK_kidkart22.2.jpg

I got accused of that sunday when I let him drive the tractor back to the house by himself. Put it in low and told him to shut it off when he got back. The wife was not amused when I said "hes 2 years old, how old should he have to be?"

Hells yeah on tractor , trucks etc that is the way to raise them....

I really should have specified "off road". If I'm still here the 3 year plan includes a paved go cart track

Top Back Refresh