What's new

PWC expeditions?

I think a long river trip could be fun. Salt water? Fuck that. Anything other than glass and you're basically doing the Baja1000 on uncle Bobby's Rancher 350.

Best description in this thread. I had a Ski for a year back when I lived in RI. It was fun for about a month then the body beatings started getting old. Can't say I miss it at all...

Evernoob, don't listen to these guys. They have no idea what they're talking about. You should run with this idea man. Get a build thread up and let folks see what you're building!

Evernoob, don't listen to these guys. They have no idea what they're talking about. You should run with this idea man. Get a build thread up and let folks see what you're building!

He should start with a fuel consumption trip. Go down to the coast jersey shore will work, and go straight out till you run out of gas. Dont worry the waves and earths rotation will push you back into shore. Then you will have an absolute to use for your fuel calcs. Let us know when you have that number.

He should start with a fuel consumption trip. Go down to the coast jersey shore will work, and go straight out till you run out of gas. Dont worry the waves and earths rotation will push you back into shore. Then you will have an absolute to use for your fuel calcs. Let us know when you have that number.

I'm voting for jetting out with his slave ski filled with extra fuel into the south china sea to continue searching for flight 777.

Keep the speed to about 30mph and most will run about 4- 5 hours on a tank. The machine will handle way more than you. A bicycle trip across the US would hurt less.

Refuse to read the whole thread, but here is my input anyway

Those PWC's will tow OK if you use a bridle. Obviously plaining speed will depend on weight and sea state.

Amazes me that folks venture off shore in a single engine anything, or further offshore than I could swim. Twin motors for peace of mind, which precludes PWC's as far as I know.

Hard bottom inflatable with twin 50hp out boards, and carry everything you need with you. They can get expensive, but I would run a RIB over anything else mentioned. But, they suck in any sea state over a couple feet. When I ran charter yachts in the islands, I would use the RIB as a sports car / SUV / water taxi / dive boat. And I had the ferry schedules memorized, so if I needed to make a quick trip to St Thomas to pick up mail, I would "catch" the ferry boat and ride in the wake, or play on the wake, the whole trip - visit in St Thomas, and then catch one of the ferries back to St John or the BVI. Plus it provided entertainment to tourists on the ferry as Captain Ron played in the wake, or towed a buddy on a wake board in the ferry wake so he could catch the endless 4' break thrown by the ferry wake

Damn we had fun.

Top Back Refresh