What's new

PS5

Poopyface

Member Number
Anybody manage to get their hands on it? Can't find them anywhere except Egay. I figured dumbfucks would buy in bulk and sell them at twice the price. :rolleyes:

I have been checking several times a week and haven't found 1 yet. i did have 1 added into my cart from bestbuy about a week back but it was gone before i could complete my purchase. Probably won't get my hands on 1 till mid year. Screw paying ebay/marketplace prices.

PS5s and GPUs

Good fucking luck. :mad3:

If Sony was smart they would have released a special "first edition" and priced it at about $800. Then as soon as those were delivered, announce the regular version for the regular price. They would make a mint, and scalpers would be stuck holding overpriced inventory.

Who wants that junk? Xbox > ps5. From the Sony interface, store, online, games... it’s a pain.

:grinpimp:A friend bought one for $500 last month and out it on fbmp for a G. Some lady and her 2 rugrats came and talked about how they already bought games etc for it and we're really looking forward to playing it. He sold it for $600 and it was listed on fbmp in an hour for $1200. Sucker got hustled. :lmao:

I have a lot of consoles and will eventually have both the new systems.

Really sucks not being able to get any of them.

One thing that is nice is some of the new games have “free” upgrades to ps5 games if you buy the ps4 version and end up getting a ps5 down the line.

My wife got me an oculus quest 2 for xmas our entire family plays with it kids, mom and me all enjoy it.

I have an xbox that is a couple years old and I dont play enough games to rush out and buy it, also they didn't release Halo, so I really didn't give a hoot about not getting one yet.

Not hardly anything out for new games anyway. Might as well wait.
Haven't really played video games in the last 2 years though.

This may be the dumbest thing said on this board

Your not joking? That’s nuts. I’ve had all versions of both consoles. The PS4’s are junk compared to the Ones. The new x’s are ridiculous. Gamers I know looking for PS5’s are just looking for a single game to play. Nobody wants it for a main system. I was a PS guy until crappy ness of the 3’s then 4’s.

My wife got me an oculus quest 2 for xmas our entire family plays with it kids, mom and me all enjoy it.

I have an xbox that is a couple years old and I dont play enough games to rush out and buy it, also they didn't release Halo, so I really didn't give a hoot about not getting one yet.

Good luck with being tied to Facebutt. After they announced that nonsense I wrote off the Oculus and it's got a pretty bad reputation with gamers now.

Your not joking? That’s nuts. I’ve had all versions of both consoles. The PS4’s are junk compared to the Ones. The new x’s are ridiculous. Gamers I know looking for PS5’s are just looking for a single game to play. Nobody wants it for a main system. I was a PS guy until crappy ness of the 3’s then 4’s.

That's pretty much exactly opposite of the majority of gamers. Xbox Series X is in a really bad spot now with nothing for a launch games and the few they had, they kicked back because they looked like ass. Last gen the PS fanboy mantra was "Xbox has no games" and it was 99% true. Unfortunately for MS, it seems like this gen is starting out the same way. To boot their "most powerful console" line appears to be all on paper as testing has shown the PS5 to be the better performing console with most games out so far. Right now Xbox looks like they want to sell Game Pass subscriptions a lot more than consoles or games and it's going to hurt their console sales in the end.

Doesn't seem like they are dumbfucks to me.

People are paying them, correct?

They took it to the point of stupidity. The scalpers have bots that automatically buy items online and formed groups to buy PS5s and XBSXs in bulk and then sell on Ebay for double the price. I'm all for a free market, but when you have computers running bots to buy all the stock before anyone human can fill out the shipping and payment info, it's a bit much. Personally, I hope they all get ebola and die.

And I don't even want a new console yet. :D

https://screenrant-com.cdn.ampproje...ales-bots-scalpers-resellers/amp/?amp_js_v=a6

Some company or person put up $1.5mil or some sort of cash to buying a truckload of PS5s. Resold them all and make some bank.

We got my oldest one for Christmas, wife stayed up late to watch at Target, got him one, his friend was over and they stayed up later and got him one too.

That's pretty much exactly opposite of the majority of gamers..

I disagree, we are in opposite camps and both think we are right. Thumb War to solve this once and for all?

I disagree, we are in opposite camps and both think we are right. Thumb War to solve this once and for all?

No, because I am factually correct and reputable gaming news sites back it up. No matter how you spin it, Sony is jumping off from a higher point than MS just from literally beating the pants off the XBO with PS4 sales and huge exclusives. Add to that, MS' blundering of all of their potential launch titles and there isn't much reason to pick a XBSX over the PS5. Seriously, besides GamePass (which is available on PC), what does the XBSX have that PS5 doesn't do better?

Keep in mind, while I have traditionally been a PS fan, I have no plans to buy any new console as I think I am going back to mainly PC gaming for a while. Time is limited and the games are cheaper. :D

No, because I am factually correct and reputable gaming news sites back it up. No matter how you spin it, Sony is jumping off from a higher point than MS just from literally beating the pants off the XBO with PS4 sales and huge exclusives. Add to that, MS' blundering of all of their potential launch titles and there isn't much reason to pick a XBSX over the PS5. Seriously, besides GamePass (which is available on PC), what does the XBSX have that PS5 doesn't do better?

Keep in mind, while I have traditionally been a PS fan, I have no plans to buy any new console as I think I am going back to mainly PC gaming for a while. Time is limited and the games are cheaper. :D

Are we having a thumb war or not?

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I'm with Poke on this, the Xbox dashboard and layout is pretty simple, I look at my Mrs. on her PS4 and I just don't get it, like they made it more complex on purpose.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I have most the systems and have gamed on them for years so, I do. Many of my coworkers are gamers in other parts of the country and I seriously don’t know a person who prefers a PS. Including my kids 10-12yr old friends who kick my ass. IT pros, pro players I know, to kids I don’t know anyone who thinks a PS is better. And I was playing on a PS2 with the kids last weekend to show them those games. I also have more PS systems than x boxes. Going back to college the xboxes were preferred 15-20 years ago.

im not a casual observer guessing. I don’t read gaming mags or articles, my experience trumps any ‘journalists’ opinion. My kids would have been disappointed to get a ps5. Just like I watched coworkers pick on a guy for buying one even.

We have different opinions. Either way good luck finding one.

Last edited:
I'm with Poke on this, the Xbox dashboard and layout is pretty simple, I look at my Mrs. on her PS4 and I just don't get it, like they made it more complex on purpose.

This is why my kids go to the Xbox over the ps4. The xboxes have less issues, are faster, and almost the aspects are easier to use.

My XPS 15 is rocking the hell out of Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge. :grinpimp:

PC Master Race! :flipoff2:

Anybody manage to get their hands on it? Can't find them anywhere except Egay. I figured dumbfucks would buy in bulk and sell them at twice the price. :rolleyes:

Buddy got two. Neither was for him. Neither was purchased second hand.

Lol. I installed Warlords Battlecry III from my GOG account today for the first time in about 10 years.

I have an Origin account now, because Newegg had the remastered OG Command & Conquer for $9, didn't realize it wasn't just a download, and you had to have an EA/Origin account until after they already had my money. I acquiesced, and started playing C&C, then realized how much better Red Alert 2 was. All 17 Command & Conquer games and expansions are on Origin in a package deal for $20. I've spent $20 on dumber stuff. :homer:

Top Back Refresh