What's new

Propane cost in your ‘hood

Tin Roof

Rusted
Member Number
Loc
Iowa
I bought 300 gallons today at $1.22/gallon. What’s everyone else paying?

I don't buy propane in bulk, tanks are $19.99 for 15 gallons in a 20 gallon tub. The last time I brought one home I spilled it all on the way, so the price for me is Infinity. I'm also starving to death since my cold, raw hamburgers are just sitting there on the grill, uncooked.

I was just quoted $2.70 up here... wtf?

Right? $2.59

My wife's previous place we did a buy in with the entire place and locked in at .99 a gallon. yes, 99 cents a gallon. :smokin:

Bought 300 gallons last October for $1.89 a gallon. Finger Lakes area

Looking like $1.50-$1.60/gal here in central Illinois

$1.50 a gallon if they deliver, or $1.30 per pound if it's a portable cylinder you bring them, which works out to $5.46 a gallon. Don't get me started on how annoying the price difference is. It's about the same price to use a tank top propane heater as an electric heater even at the $0.18/kwh I pay.

The $19.99 price to refile a 15lb cylinder is such a ripoff.

Does the grain belt see better pricing because of better supply chain/storage due to demand in the ag market? I know that years when the farmers have to do a lot of drying the pricing jumps considerably.

Paid a $1.50 in June for early pricing. Ran out of contract gallons 2 weeks ago and the camp is still open so I just paid $4.99 a gallon.
next year I’m buying more gallons in my contract.

Does the grain belt see better pricing because of better supply chain/storage due to demand in the ag market? I know that years when the farmers have to do a lot of drying the pricing jumps considerably.

They make it up. There are two different suppliers within 10 miles of each other and their prices can be more than a $1 different. The key is to own your tank so you can shop around.

They make it up. There are two different suppliers within 10 miles of each other and their prices can be more than a $1 different. The key is to own your tank so you can shop around.

I get that, but the last few years my pricing has been anywhere from $1.05 to $1.25. And that’s with a rented tank and not being able to shop around. I go through about 6-700 gallons a year and would be pissed if I had to consistently pay what some of you are.

My summer pre-buy price was $2.50 this year. I know I am getting raped, but my tank is a 500 gal in-ground lease. I tried to buy the tank this summer, and they wanted $1,500 for it, and it is nearly 12 years old now. Fuckers! :mad3: Life span is only 20 years on it. I can get a new tank for $2k. My plan is to give them notice once they deliver my balance of propane, that they are not to fill it again. I will let it run dry and swap to a small rental tank while I dig their tank up and replace. Fuckers :mad3:

I get that, but the last few years my pricing has been anywhere from $1.05 to $1.25. And that’s with a rented tank and not being able to shop around. I go through about 6-700 gallons a year and would be pissed if I had to consistently pay what some of you are.

I heat with wood, the only propane I use for heating is a 20lb tank with a sunflower burner on it in the garage. Lasts me a year or better.

I'm on auto delivery, but it's been hovering around $2.40. Southern VT.

Joined a co-op group buy deal. I live in a ski town and we get raped if not in the program.

parents own their 1000 gallon tank, buy in the summer when it is dirt cheap and not have to refill all winter.

Last week 1.99/gallon. I just bought a 500 gallon tank from them and they were at 2.19/gallon. I asked for 1.99 and got it:grinpimp: now I think its around 2.50/gallon.

Top Back Refresh