What's new

Project White Bread: WOD CJ/YJ Chassis Build

Installed the Racewire Solutions golf cart/utv turn signal and lighting kit. Wires were long enough to reach every device (barely made it to rear tail lights). Fuse/relay panel is located under the dash on the passenger side. Harness included grounds that made it nice and easy to work with. Deutsch DT series connectors with solid pins were used at each device.

Circuits for kit:
PDM-11 - Golf Cart / UTV Module
  • Headlights Dims - 20A Circuit (2 outputs)
  • Headlights Brights - 20A Circuit (2 outputs)
  • Parking Lights - 15A Circuit (4 Outputs)
  • Integrated 4 Corner Turn Signals and Brake Lights
  • Horn Relay - 20 amp
  • Flasher Module Included - 20A Circuit (LED Light Capable)
  • 8ft Wiring Input harness w/ Deutsch Connector
(6) Rock lights and OnX6 10" light bar from Baja Design are connected to the switch pro.

A couple poser shots. Looking forward to using these on the rocks soon.
Lights1.jpg

Light bar looks amber in this photo but it's white. Utilized a neat output dimming feature in the switch pro for a low and high setting on the light bar. Low preset is 25% and High is 100%. Just have to press and hold the button for high mode. My assumption is it lowers the output voltage to achieve this. Works great. Might have to use this feature for high/low on heated seats in the future.

Lights2.jpg

Light bar looks amber in this photo but it's white. Utilized a neat output dimming feature in the switch pro for a low and high setting on the light bar. Low preset is 25% and High is 100%. Just have to press and hold the button for high mode. My assumption is it lowers the output voltage to achieve this. Works great. Might have to use this feature for high/low on heated seats in the future.

It PWM the output, effectively lowering the duty cycle.

Works great on heated seats.

It PWM the output, effectively lowering the duty cycle.

Works great on heated seats.
Thanks for the clarification. Switch Pros sure did bake a bunch of features into the system and made it easy for someone with basic knowledge to stumble through it to utilize. Hope it has a long service life.

Spent the better part of a week in Sand Hollow wheeling. No broken parts but did have a couple issues. Pretty satisfied considering the total trail miles and difficulty.

1. Fuel system revision 2 - had the Jeep basically flopped on the passenger side in a crack. Started starving for fuel. It never died but ran rough, AFR all over the place, and struggled when giving it throttle. Had more than 1/2 a tank. The hydromat is not centered in the tank and favors the drivers side. Ran fine once leveled out and the rest of the day.

I’m thinking some sort of internal sump for the pump/hydromat might be the fix. Ideas? Had higher hopes for the hydromat. It should have been “touching” fuel at 1/2 tank even when leaning that far. May have to switch to the simple Walbro pickups I’ve used in the past and ditch the $$$ Holley Hydromat.

2. ORI Strut - front driver strut started to sag the last day. It didn’t seem to extend fully either. Haven’t checked pressures to see if it lost the charge and has bypasses internally. Disappointing since they on have ~ 4 runs on them. No obvious external damage or leaks. Hope it’s not hydrolocked or worse. Advice on best way to proceed? Catch oil when hooking chuck to Schrader valves, warranty, charge it back up and send it?

C4F7FD11-5D03-4D74-9DAF-75D27C7333F3.jpeg

3A09ABCF-68A9-4670-A9EA-63EB1C39419A.jpeg

An update after about 9 months of wheeling this rig. Have a couple items that need to be changed/fixed that I will get into.

For fun, added a few items for the rig name.

Reflective ghost hood decals.

WB Decal Hood.jpg

3D printed emblems for the steering wheel and below the tailgate. Obviously knocked off the Warner Bros logo, but I like it.

WB Emblem Steering Wheel.jpg

WB Emblem Bumper.jpg

I've put 550+ miles on the rig according to the GPS unit on the pro dash. The only road miles have been back and forth to the trail entrance from the resort area at Sand Hollow and a few spirited rips down the neighborhood street.

ORI Strut - Replaced the one that had an issue. Not exactly sure what was wrong with it. Bad out of the box IMO. Replacement has no issues.

Fuel System - Fuel pickup is on my to-do-list. Still thinking about building an internal sump reservoir for the 3x15 hydromat. It favors the driver side. As long as I keep the tank above 1/2 full, it's not an issue. When I'm below 1/2 tank and leaning hard on the passenger side, it will starve for fuel.

Brakes - haven't been happy with them since day one. Changed the master cylinder to one with 1.25" bore and saw a slight improvement. Purchased the 6 piston setup from BKOR for the front to hopefully eliminate the "flexing" wilwood dynalite calipers seem to experience when using spacers on wide vented rotors. The solid rotors and 6 piston calipers tuck into the wheel further and should stay out of harms way a little better. For those that might be interested on the Master Cylinder (AC Delco 18M229) has a 1.25" bore vs the 1.125" corvette unit that WOD and others use. It's slightly taller but has the same port sizes F/R and front to back dimensions.

Dynalite Top.jpg

6 Piston Top.jpg

Dynalite.jpg

6 Piston.jpg

Just cardboard aided design
I dig the fuck out of it. The black mount with 8 bolts?

Want to make a few and sell em to me? I use that fan on everything... and hate the OEM plastic cut down.

Why not use a GM fuel module with Vaporworx's four corner pick up?

1702905443672.png

Granted, I buy the fuel module from RockAuto, and the install ring and o-ring from A-tech/Summit... and I do all four corners.

Want to make a few and sell em to me? I use that fan on everything... and hate the OEM plastic cut down.
How many do you want ?

Are those the snowmobile fuel pickups that were the rage 10-15 years ago? Or are they larger size? Seems like they were hot until people started running bigger HP and needed more fuel pump.

Are those the snowmobile fuel pickups that were the rage 10-15 years ago? Or are they larger size? Seems like they were hot until people started running bigger HP and needed more fuel pump.
Don't know.

I have them on a 794 rwhp LT4 though. They fit the fuel pump module just fine.

Brakes - haven't been happy with them since day one. Changed the master cylinder to one with 1.25" bore and saw a slight improvement. Purchased the 6 piston setup from BKOR for the front to hopefully eliminate the "flexing" wilwood dynalite calipers seem to experience when using spacers on wide vented rotors. The solid rotors and 6 piston calipers tuck into the wheel further and should stay out of harms way a little better. For those that might be interested on the Master Cylinder (AC Delco 18M229) has a 1.25" bore vs the 1.125" corvette unit that WOD and others use. It's slightly taller but has the same port sizes F/R and front to back dimensions.
I'm curious to hear your feedback on the new brakes.
Do you know what pedal ratio is your setup ?

Thats a great solution to a problem I didn't know I had till now. 😅

I could use 4!

Not making a business out of it, sorry.
Get you a fan and make some, I'm sure you'd sell a ton of them.

Not making a business out of it, sorry.
Get you a fan and make some, I'm sure you'd sell a ton
Maybe I can ask my laser cutter how much they would charge. I only have a jigsaw and files, so no profit or want

Why not use a GM fuel module with Vaporworx's four corner pick up?

1702905443672.png

Granted, I buy the fuel module from RockAuto, and the install ring and o-ring from A-tech/Summit... and I do all four corners.

Thanks for the link. Those pickups worked great in my old setup. In retrospect, a GM fuel sending unit that fit the cell I used would have probably been the way to go. My AC tig welding skills probably werent up to the task to add the necessary hardware to the tank. I was looking for an off the shelf solution and eyeballed the Goatbuilt setup that uses one. The Goatbuilt cell wouldnt fit behind the back seat in my setup. My only dislike with the GM setup is the plastic connections. Seems like you could bust one off pretty easy if it isn't protected or out of harms way.

I'm going to try to fit a internal sump that fits around the hydromat to see it it helps keep fuel around the mat during low fuel and off camber situations. Something similar to the box around this fuel pump setup but probably more enclosed. Will also route the return to it so it sprays it with fuel.

prd_84.jpg

Last edited:
I'm curious to hear your feedback on the new brakes.
Do you know what pedal ratio is your setup ?
Improved. Firmer pedal. I like that the new calipers dont have bleeders on both sides. Had to remove the front wheel/tires to get to the inside ones on the dynalites, PITA. I think a more aggressive pad will get me where I want to be.

Dont hold me to it, but I think the pedal ratio is 9 or 10. I'll double check later.

Top Back Refresh