What's new

Project: Midnight Panic

I actually logged on to post that up today,
I’m glad everyone is already up to speed.

I knew what I was getting into when I agreed to travel down for the race, I had seen a few episodes on the YouTube,

I also knew the whoops at the end would be my downfall, but I still wasn’t passing up the chance,
I didn’t I know I would be racing Blake in what is pretty much a full on trophy truck, but once they told me I was pretty stoked about it, I was glad to race what was pretty much the baddest rig there for that element.

It was a great opportunity & a really fun time, if the cards lined up & I had the chance, I’d do it again.
It was super fun to watch. My little dude (3yo) picked the “Monster Buggy” as his favorite and to win too.

So in those pics , it looks like the tires are canted in at the bottom like on mog axles. Are AT-4000 axles like that, or is that optical illusion?

I missed this post earlier,
Yes the Axletech 4000 have quite a bit of camber in them,
Very noticeable with the bigger tires.

For those interested YT is up to speed as of today too.

I hate to bring this up because I don’t have a lot of room to talk, but you really should be waring safety glasses when drilling with a drill press. Those are hot sharp shards coming off a nearly eye level.

Anyways, the receiver is fabulous as usual and the trick with the apple cider is cool. Watching you drive that in to the show had me wondering, do you have a back up camera on that thing? Was that indoor car show air conditioned? Is it hot enough to need it there yet?

I hate to bring this up because I don’t have a lot of room to talk, but you really should be waring safety glasses when drilling with a drill press. Those are hot sharp shards coming off a nearly eye level.

Anyways, the receiver is fabulous as usual and the trick with the apple cider is cool. Watching you drive that in to the show had me wondering, do you have a back up camera on that thing? Was that indoor car show air conditioned? Is it hot enough to need it there yet?

Actually if you look closely I was wearing them, 😉

No backup camera,
I did install some $8 bicycle mirrors, almost more for comedic factor, but turns out, there really pretty functional,

I believe that building may be climate controlled, but it certainly wasn’t warm enough to need AC that weekend.

Top Back Refresh