What's new

Project: Midnight Panic

While at work the following week I ran across a FB marketplace ad for a set of tires & wheels that were not terribly far away, more than likely too big for my own use, but the price was right,
Soooo, the next days off the kiddo & I took one day of her spring break & ripped over to northern California with trailer in tow, & picked up six, 23.1-26 ag tires,
IMG_8446.jpg

At 60+ inches tall, these tires are pretty good sized,
IMG_8448.jpg

More to come on those later,

After our day trip I installed that new front receiver, & while the grill was out for installation I decided to mount a cheap light bar behind the grill itself,
I have no real plans of night runs or night wheeling of any sort, but sometimes navigating the pit or parking area in the dark can be challenging,
The 24" light bar I used was left over stuff from the trailer build & ended up being a good fit for this application,
168.jpg

I'm not a big light bar guy anyway, (at least I had lockers first) & certainly not on an older truck, so having it mostly hidden was pretty desirable,

And really for being behind the grill, the lighting is totally acceptable for this application,
167.jpg

At this point I'm really starting to get down to the little stuff on the body of the truck,
One detail I wanted to see on the truck was an "engine sticker" that would look similar to the hand painted engine badge on the original Bigfoot truck,
IMG_8456.JPG

Obviously mine would have it's own spin, but BF#1 was clearly part of the inspiration,
163.jpg

This was my first attempt at making my own stickers, & putting my cheap vinyl cutter to use for the first time,

While on the topic of stickers, Several weeks ago I had Allison start playing around with a way to put the name on the truck, After going over a few variations & settling on one we both liked,
001.JPG

I had my local vinyl shop whip them out, (these were beyond the capability of my cutter) I also had the professionals go ahead & install them,
164.jpg

And finally to finish off this update,
My last days off all the local motorsports groups had a spring "All clubs meet" where everyone brought out their rigs to pretty much just hang out for the day.
all clubs.jpg

So a couple friends traveled down & helped me get the truck all cleaned up & presentable, (that was an ALL day deal)
Then with their help along with the wife & kiddo we performed the first load into the trailer, & the truck made it's first trip out of Golconda!
1.JPG
2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

8.JPG

7.jpg

Where’s the machined hoop door handles?

Panels look great. To bad they’re racist.
Door handles are on the list,

As for the panels, there are a couple key details that separate them from the ole Stars & Bars,
Johnny Reb would likely hand you a whoopin for making such a careless comparison,
This thing is so dang cool!!!

They should have just let you park the whole setup inside for the car show!
I'm sure they would have been cool with that,
I'm also sure I didn't want to wash that much shit last week! :laughing:

Was hoping you pulled into your spot with just the rear steer when pulled in. Then the parking lot video :smokin:.

Think I saw a teaser shot that you'll be making a YouTube appearance early next week (Post #684). :stirthepot: :smokin:

Need to get Midnight finished up and make an appearance on the show in it as well.

So in those pics , it looks like the tires are canted in at the bottom like on mog axles. Are AT-4000 axles like that, or is that optical illusion?

Once one of the hoonigan guys called him 'offroad spicoli' a few years ago, it can not be unseen.

He's doing cooler shit in life than me. Seems like a win.

Also, Wilkey is a tool.
The guy must have some fab skills and tech smarts, but he brags about that body. He actually spent time and money to make it look like that.

I also think the course was designed to help him win. It was engineered for a fast, low unstrung weight machine and Leroy still gave him a run for money. If they had put even a small section of track that couldn’t be run at high speed, Leroy would have stomped him.

The guy must have some fab skills and tech smarts, but he brags about that body. He actually spent time and money to make it look like that.

bugs are his brand, sometimes you get stuck doing something that makes you money you aint stoked about. with that said i bet he stoked about the way it looks.

I also think the course was designed to help him win. It was engineered for a fast, low unstrung weight machine and Leroy still gave him a run for money. If they had put even a small section of track that couldn’t be run at high speed, Leroy would have stomped him.
The course was unchanged for this show; it's the "off road" version of Hoonigan's This vs That.

Agreed that their course favors desert-fast rigs over rocks-fast rigs, but Leroy did awesome :grinpimp:

I actually logged on to post that up today,
I’m glad everyone is already up to speed.

I knew what I was getting into when I agreed to travel down for the race, I had seen a few episodes on the YouTube,

I also knew the whoops at the end would be my downfall, but I still wasn’t passing up the chance,
I didn’t I know I would be racing Blake in what is pretty much a full on trophy truck, but once they told me I was pretty stoked about it, I was glad to race what was pretty much the baddest rig there for that element.

It was a great opportunity & a really fun time, if the cards lined up & I had the chance, I’d do it again.

Top Back Refresh