What's new

"Pretty safe" investments

At the risk of getting back on topic....

I got nothing for ideas.

Landlording blows.... BTDT. Property prices are too high for it to pay for itself. Stock market shit gives me anxiety and I have no skill in that field. Tired of chasing parts and vehicles that might be flippable - time & fuel overhead is too much.

I'm better off whoring myself out for cash and stuffing the mattress. :idea:
Sell Drugs

My mil found a legit 5% savings account she threw .5mil in. Seems to be working out.
capital one, vanguard, some others are offering 4-5% on high yield savings. I don't have a ton of free cash floating around, but that's where its' all going for now

think dad put a big chunk in one too. couple hundred k at a guaranteed 4-5% ain't bad

capital one, vanguard, some others are offering 4-5% on high yield savings. I don't have a ton of free cash floating around, but that's where its' all going for now

think dad put a big chunk in one too. couple hundred k at a guaranteed 4-5% ain't bad
Is that a floating rate? Cause I could see them backing it off at a moments notice.

AT&T pays a 7.1% dividend and has been for as long as anyone can remember. There are stocks with higher yields, but again you need to look at your state taxes, you don't want to get whacked at both the Federal and State level.

Is that a floating rate? Cause I could see them backing it off at a moments notice.

AT&T pays a 7.1% dividend and has been for as long as anyone can remember. There are stocks with higher yields, but again you need to look at your state taxes, you don't want to get whacked at both the Federal and State level.
yeah pretty sure its floating, but its also just a savings account so you can move your money/close it that day if you wanted. i expect it to go down for sure, but its easy and safe for now

7% is a nice dividend. off to look that up:smokin:

Company got sold this year, so they had to pay out our ESOP (at 3 times last years value :smokin:)

cant afford it to lose value if I want to retire at 65
put half of it into a fixed rate annuity at 5.3%

1699631256823.png

Wealthfront and CIT are at 5%

But taxable

Municipal bonds at 4-5% are tax free and equivalent to 6%-ish taxable, from what I understand

yeah pretty sure its floating, but its also just a savings account so you can move your money/close it that day if you wanted. i expect it to go down for sure, but its easy and safe for now

7% is a nice dividend. off to look that up:smokin:
Check out ET and DX as well.

You can go over $250k with additional people on the account.

T has lost 50% of it's value since pre-covid. That has inflated the % dividend yield. Although it could be at the bottom and a great time to invest in it. Just consider all the factors.

T has lost 50% of it's value since pre-covid. That has inflated the % dividend yield. Although it could be at the bottom and a great time to invest in it. Just consider all the factors.
Of course. I think the lead issue will blow over, and eventually they'll have to give up on DTV, but I monitor all my investments.

I know a guy that usually has 15-20 dividend stocks and rotates them in and out of his portfolio. Stock investing is not for the passive.

Any tips on sourcing one? For lack of a better word, are there chains, and mom n pops?
There’s big internet ones. There’s guys at your bank. There are small offices. The big internet ones are the cheapest.

Top Back Refresh